The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Where can I apply to become a mod?

Comments

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Tsulan said:
    I’d be willing to be a Mod. Though I’m not the nicest person. 
    Not? I consider that you are one of the few people here who can be talked to. You know, like some regulars here, where you can argue and explain and it's like talking to a brick wall. But not with you.
    Awww friendship 
  • Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522
    Peanits said:
    Hello doctors! This is getting a little off topic, so let's, y'know, keep it on topic.
    Okay on a serious note: I hope you guys are really careful choosing new mods, i appreciate the fact that we are allowed to speak like we currently do, ive seen enough game communities with wannabe-tyrants as Devs and Mods.

Not saying you're incompetent btw.
    Them's just the rules. That's not going to change. Any new mods will enforce the rules the same way we have been.
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    Peanits said:
    Peanits said:
    Hello doctors! This is getting a little off topic, so let's, y'know, keep it on topic.
    Okay on a serious note: I hope you guys are really careful choosing new mods, i appreciate the fact that we are allowed to speak like we currently do, ive seen enough game communities with wannabe-tyrants as Devs and Mods.

Them's just the rules. That's not going to change. Any new mods will enforce the rules the same way we have been.
    Absolutely and we must follow the rules!!!!
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@ChesterTheMolester said:
    Aari_Piggy66 said:

Tsulan said:

Aari_Piggy66 said:

Tsulan said:

Lowbei said:

Tsulan said:

PinkEricka said:

Tsulan said:

@not_Queen or @Peanits, where can I apply?
    You guys clearly need help. 
    I volunteer and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Marry me

Uhm... what?

you lucky dog

I guess...

Still don't know why or what.

If you're not going to marry Ericka. You can marry me  ;)

I could weight 250kg, have a neckbeard, and long pink hair. Does nobody care about my looks?

Nah I just enjoy flirting with people online, mainly because I suck at it in person.

Speaking of that @ChesterTheMolester where is my molesting

I wish i had the time but im busy casting the new moderators.

Is it wrong that I know what this is from having seen it several years back?

• powerbats

@not_Queen said:
    We are going to open more Moderator position SoonTM!
    There are a lot of changes incoming in the Community team and adding more Mods is part of it!

Stay tuned! (it will be announced on the forums!)

Thanks for the update on that.

@Peanits said:

I've been super sick since my last post so I never got the chance to be serious about the topic and you beat me to it.

But what I'd been intending to say was that all kidding aside if any of us become mods then we'd have to stop insulting anyone. We'd also have to not post meme's, gifs or anything else we enjoy doing because we'd be representing BHVR.

As a former site admin across multiple sites and moderator on countless others I understand that completely. I do have to admit that it's been nice to be able to relax these last few years and trash talk with people. But I guess I've got to start being responsible again if I want to help make this place better.

So in the future there'll be no more of these types of things below ( hopefully hehe)

On a more serious note I'm also deleting all my gifs and memes I've used on here since that way I'm not tempted to use them. Ok I can't resist one last attempt at sarcasm here so INCOMING !!!!

If I don't get to be a mod then let the sarcastic posting continue !!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XNr-BQgpd0

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    I speak English but I mustn't for I is potato.
  • Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,692
    edited August 2018

Oh no! ;3

Post edited by Raccoon on
  • DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410

I an-cay peak-say ig-pay atin-lay. Am I qualified now or do you need a reference?

Nein danke, Kemosabe. Dieser Angebot gehört mir!
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    Nein danke, Kemosabe. DieserAngebot gehört mir!
    Who wants to challenge my French? C'mon, I dare you!
  • ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited August 2018
    Nickenzie said:
    Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    Nein danke, Kemosabe. DieserAngebot gehört mir!
    Who wants to challenge my French? C'mon, I dare you!
    Its supposed be german. Also i cant speak French, you just don't learn a lot when you go there for a 6 weeks vacation with your squad and the French suddenly surrender.
  • Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    Lowbei said:
    Peanits said:
    Peanits said:

Absolutely and we must follow the rules!!!!
    Ugh time inside has changed you  
  • Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    Hey, I'm about to be an admin, awesome!
  • JammyJewels
    JammyJewels Member Posts: 611
    I would be a Moderator. A killer and survivor player, I've sunk hundreds of hours (even thousands, PS4 doesn't tell you) and as mentioned I am a PS4 player, so it'd be someone who is able to look into the PS4 DBD communities and see their opinion too. I have lots of time on my hands so I'd be available for the majority of problems. Though I doubt I'd be of any use since I only speak English. And my references in terms of online moderation is severely lacking XD
  • Peanits

@JammyJewels said:
    I would be a Moderator. A killer and survivor player, I've sunk hundreds of hours (even thousands, PS4 doesn't tell you) and as mentioned I am a PS4 player, so it'd be someone who is able to look into the PS4 DBD communities and see their opinion too. I have lots of time on my hands so I'd be available for the majority of problems. Though I doubt I'd be of any use since I only speak English. And my references in terms of online moderation is severely lacking XD

I only speak English as well (not counting the five French words I remember from school). Back when I got into this, I didn't have any experience either. Then before I knew it I ended up as a mod for Dead by Daylight and PAYDAY 2. So never say never. <--- That's my favourite Justin Bieber movie.

I would be tempted to say that more than anything, attitude is what makes or breaks it. Experience can help, but the way you act helps way more.

• JammyJewels
    Peanits said:

@JammyJewels said:

I only speak English as well (not counting the five French words I remember from school). Back when I got into this, I didn't have any experience either. Then before I knew it I ended up as a mod for Dead by Daylight and PAYDAY 2. So never say never. <--- That's my favourite Justin Bieber movie.

I would be tempted to say that more than anything, attitude is what makes or breaks it. Experience can help, but the way you act helps way more.

The way I act? Well, I'd certainly change. Though I think change would certainly be necessary, given how much sass I've given to some, especially Lowbei. But I've had a but of an epiphany as of late, and am changing as a result. If I was contacted by someone at Behaviour to moderate the forums I'd be overjoyed if I'm honest. And this isn't something I'd want payment for (to be honest I think people here believe Moderators do receive payment) because DBD had tugged at my heartstrings and become something special. Plus... Happiness is payment enough for me.
  • Lowbei
    Peanits said:

@JammyJewels said:

The way I act? Well, I'd certainly change. Though I think change would certainly be necessary, given how much sass I've given to some, especially Lowbei. But I've had a but of an epiphany as of late, and am changing as a result. If I was contacted by someone at Behaviour to moderate the forums I'd be overjoyed if I'm honest. And this isn't something I'd want payment for (to be honest I think people here believe Moderators do receive payment) because DBD had tugged at my heartstrings and become something special. Plus... Happiness is payment enough for me.
    dont sass me!
  • Peanits

@JammyJewels said:
    And this isn't something I'd want payment for (to be honest I think people here believe Moderators do receive payment) because DBD had tugged at my heartstrings and become something special. Plus... Happiness is payment enough for me.

Can confirm, moderators are volunteers, not a paid position.

• JammyJewels
    Peanits said:

@JammyJewels said:
    And this isn't something I'd want payment for (to be honest I think people here believe Moderators do receive payment) because DBD had tugged at my heartstrings and become something special. Plus... Happiness is payment enough for me.

Good. I'm still up to do it. It's currently 5:14 AM in the UK, so I can definitely stick around long enough to moderate XD.

@Lowbei
    Don't at me, I didn't sass you, what you talking about, me no speak English.
  • ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181
    edited August 2018

@Peanits said:

@JammyJewels said:

Fine by me. I'm still up for it.

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Peanits said:

@JammyJewels said:

Honestly we need more sassy Mods. Some people only understand troll and sass. ;)
  • Ryuti
    Ryuti Member Posts: 19
    edited August 2018

@SovererignKing said:

Honestly we need more sassy Mods. Some people only understand troll and sass. ;)

Ah I wish. It's a scary balance because if you're too sassy people freak out. Been there done that.

• Lowbei
    Ryuti said:

@SovererignKing said:

Ah I wish. It's a scary balance because if you're too sassy people freak out. Been there done that.

who are you, and why arent we arch enemies yet?
  • SovererignKing
    edited August 2018
    Ryuti said:

@SovererignKing said:

People need to realize just because you’re a mod, doesn’t mean you have to be this super courteous and never sassy person. You’re still a person. Only mods I ever had trouble with was the Steam Forums I kept pissing off this Russian Survivor player who was bias as hell and wanted to be the next OchiDO. Unfortunately his friend was a mod on the Russian sub forum and banned me twice for making him look like a fool. 

I dont treat the mods here or anywhere any different than I would anyone else. What’s a bannable offense to anyone else is a bannable offense to a mod, and what’s not a bannable offense to anyone else is not to a mod as well. 

I’ve had quite a few arguments with Peanits on both Steam and here, and I think one on Steam with you as well Ryuti. You’re great people. :)
  • DepravedKiller
    DepravedKiller Member Posts: 182

@Peanits said:

Well that's what they told you...need to negotiate maaaaaaannnn!

• Ryuti

@Lowbei said:

Sister all you had to do was ask.

• Lowbei
    Ryuti said:

@Lowbei said:

Yeah boo, we gon beef. cash me ousside fam.
  • ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

@Ryuti said:

@Lowbei said:

You aren't a fully fledged mod until you put @Lowbei behind bars at least one time.

• powerbats

@Ryuti said:

@Lowbei said:

https://youtu.be/4XNr-BQgpd0

Because i just had to with your post @Ryuti, it simply begged for something funny in response.

• Lowbei

@Ryuti said:

@Lowbei said:

You aren't a fully fledged mod until you put @Lowbei behind bars at least one time.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@Ryuti said:

@Lowbei said:

Can lowbei put himself behind bars?
  • Lowbei
    Tsulan said:

@Ryuti said:

@Lowbei said:

I asked, they said no :(
  • powerbats

@Tsulan said:
    ShrimpTwiggs said:

@Ryuti said:

@Lowbei said:

Probably but knowing him he'd let himself out just so he can throw himself behind bars again. Then he'd simply rinse and repeat it for amusement sake.

• Tsulan

@powerbats said:

@Tsulan said:
    ShrimpTwiggs said:

@Ryuti said:

@Lowbei said:

Probably but knowing him he'd let himself out just so he can throw himself behind bars again. Then he'd simply rinse and repeat it for amusement sake.

If one of us becomes a mod, we have to use this:

• Lowbei
    Tsulan said:

@powerbats said:

@Tsulan said:
    ShrimpTwiggs said:

@Ryuti said:

@Lowbei said:

they are going to pick me for sure lol
  • powerbats

@Tsulan said:

@powerbats said:

@Tsulan said:
    ShrimpTwiggs said:

@Ryuti said:

@Lowbei said:

That's epic or when we shut down a spam thread we use this.

• powerbats
    edited August 2018

We're totally going to get turned down now that we've gone POWER MAD !!!!!!

The people over at BHVR are probably wondering what they unleashed with the responses in this thread now.

• Tsulan

@powerbats said:

@Tsulan said:

@powerbats said:

@Tsulan said:
    ShrimpTwiggs said:

@Ryuti said:

@Lowbei said:

I wonder if we can use memes as mods.
    @Peanits are you allowed to use memes?

• powerbats

@Tsulan said:

@powerbats said:

@Tsulan said:

@powerbats said:

@Tsulan said:
    ShrimpTwiggs said:

@Ryuti said:

@Lowbei said:

Yes inquiring minds want to know since if we can't we're going to use them all up before we get tob e mods just in case. Now granted that if we get to be mods, psst here's the bribe I promised ssssshhh.

• Tsulan

@powerbats said:

@Tsulan said:

@powerbats said:

@Tsulan said:

@powerbats said:

@Tsulan said:
    ShrimpTwiggs said:

@Ryuti said:

@Lowbei said:

Yes inquiring minds want to know since if we can't we're going to use them all up before we get tob e mods just in case. Now granted that if we get to be mods, psst here's the bribe I promised ssssshhh.

I think we´d be cool mods. With a dark sense of humor. Fitting for this game.

• SovererignKing
    Tsulan said:

@powerbats said:

@Tsulan said:

@powerbats said:

@Tsulan said:
    ShrimpTwiggs said:

@Ryuti said:

@Lowbei said:

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/13646/with-only-a-month-to-go-chapter-9-is-anything-known#latest

Not_Queen used two meme’s here in this thread, so I’m guessing that’s a yes.
  • powerbats

@SovererignKing said:

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/13646/with-only-a-month-to-go-chapter-9-is-anything-known#latest

She probably had to sacrifice a lot of survivors to the Entity to get permission though.

• SovererignKing
    powerbats said:

@SovererignKing said:

She probably had to sacrifice a lot of survivors to the Entity to get permission though.

Not sure. M.Cote literally made this meme his profile picture on Twitter and such.

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

Isn't kind of unusual to have regular forum posters as mods on an official forum? Obviously it's just asking for bias and what not.

IDGAF about this forum just sayin is all. In my experience official forums hire actual professional type people to be mods.

/shrug

• Ryuti
    edited August 2018

@Might_Oakk said:
    Isn't kind of unusual to have regular forum posters as mods on an official forum? Obviously it's just asking for bias and what not.

IDGAF about this forum just sayin is all. In my experience official forums hire actual professional type people to be mods.

/shrug

Not really. I had no moderating experience prior to getting hired. I was just a normal player that's been playing since beta, and was active in the community, both on Twitch and on the Steam forums.

All the mods that were chosen were people who just loved the game and wanted to help out in the community. Having experience is definitely a huge plus though.

• powerbats

@Ryuti said:

@Might_Oakk said:

/shrug

Not really. I had no moderating experience prior to getting hired. I was just a normal player that's been playing since beta, and was active in the community, both on Twitch and on the Steam forums.

All the mods that were chosen were people who just loved the game and wanted to help out in the community. Having experience is definitely a huge plus though.

This is true and most places actually get people who're involved in the community to be volunteer mods. The ones they hire like @not_Queen are given much more power and responsibility.

• Tsulan

@powerbats said:

@Ryuti said:

@Might_Oakk said:

/shrug

This is true and most places actually get people who're involved in the community to be volunteer mods. The ones they hire like @not_Queen are given much more power and responsibility.

Missed opportunity...

• powerbats

Well this thread died quickly, long live the mod discussion !!!!! :p

• Tsulan
    powerbats said:

Well this thread died quickly, long live the mod discussion !!!!! :p

Indeed. The interest in becoming a mod died quickly. Strange...