DBDfan12 Member Posts: 163
edited December 2019 in General Discussions

every game im in . no matter the rank . they have no chance against oni

nice and balanced

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Freddy_chan
    Freddy_chan Member Posts: 31

Well, when i face oni, i escape most of the time, not even alone mind you, i mean, in early game its better to waste a decent pallet than to give him his power right of the bat. If he gets it, hooks someone and for instance sees everyone close with bbq, then activates it, well you are indeed a goner, but he can be looped, with caution, but still definitely not broken

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I rarely get rekt this badly by even spirit or nurse, if you’re gonna go down then hop in a locker so he’ll lose his power.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

He was already nerfed. Perhaps you should try a different approach? Because I have managed to escape the Oni most of the times I faced him.

• Ô_boro
    Ô_boro Member Posts: 53

Nay dude, I'm a survivor main and the Oni is more than fine to go against.

Learn from your mistakes, improve your gameplay and he will not be so annoying to you.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

He reks you? Watch some better players on twitch deal with him.

• shadowman0105
    shadowman0105 Member Posts: 261

(Joking) booooo get off the stage. Did not laugh not funny

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784

lol

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

If anything happens, Oni will have his flick buffed :)

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620

I lost almost every game as oni, couldn't even hook any of them.

• Timtom24
    Timtom24 Member Posts: 230

for real? he is already weak now .. we dont need him to be completely useless..

• Snow_Lep
    Snow_Lep Member Posts: 305

Oh. Weak?

No. I love playing this mans, he puts my play style in full effect. Make sure they stay injured. They want to heal because otherwise it feeds his power. Have to have skill to keep the pressure to get his power usable.

He is not weak, but a good survivor can outplay him.

Think of his club like a Demogorgon/Billy hybrid. He can flick in a wider range than Billy, but use that to your advantage. Make him overcompensate the flick and it will almost always miss. Know that he can short lunge and long lunge too. Longer the holdback. Longer the lunge.

I find him very outplayable. But also very easy to turn a match into a steamroll session if you are unfortunate enough to get an Oni who knows what they are doing. Similar to if a Billy knows what they are doing.

His best counter is keeping apart from each other. He benefits from groups, as staying together gives him the chance to slug and find the people nearby before he depletes his power picking the person up.

Overall. He isn't weak. But just like other killers, there is a way to outplay him. It just takes a bit of practice and (why I [and everyone else] say you need to play killer to be a better survivor) you have to know how his power works to fully know how to counter it.

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784

#nerfthisfatpig

• MegHasCuteFeet
    MegHasCuteFeet Member Posts: 369

swf can power all generators in under 4 minutes

• ggallinftw
    ggallinftw Member Posts: 351

Play swf. If your team can loop... ez win. If 1 guy on your team sucks... rekt.

Most killers could be described this way.

• Spirez
    Spirez Member Posts: 674

You’re that same guy that made a post about this game being killer sided. You must be new. Once you get more experience it won’t be as hard trust me.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

It's because this ability is in every fan creation ever written. It's the ability people have been begging for with nearly every chapter release ;)

• voodoo246
    voodoo246 Member Posts: 7

OMG, a killer killed me, he is OP!!

ok OP, will speak with devs to nerf him because you don't know how to play against him. Or maybe we need all killers speed reduced 50% and needs 4 hits into dying state.

if you want, I can give you invulnerability too.

hahaha stop crying kid!!!

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

Oh wait i'm dumb is this bait? I'm tired rn...

• Deltin
    Deltin Member Posts: 240

just another ######### survivor angry at loosing to the same killer one too many times.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410

Just practice facing him, man. You live, and you learn! :)

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Oni is what is commonly refered to as a "noobstomper"

Do with that information what you wish

• Rin_is_my_waifu
    Rin_is_my_waifu Member Posts: 963

You mean a whole team of rank 20s?

• Hag.is.Dtier
    Hag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,398

Yeah........ no

Oni is a ######### Billy and easy to counter (running round a corner), waste of money.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

It can't be. He created a discussion before talking about how he got to red ranks.

Maybe it's too easy to rank up..

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520

Every killer can destroy a survivor group in even less as 4 minutes (well maybe not Lf and demo-whatever, don't know them).

That says nothing about the killer. It just say that some guys had a reallyyy unlucky match and maybe have also make it too easy for the killer :).

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968

Barely had a chance to play against him because this community is so influenced that he's bad just because some twitch streamers say so and now they all stay away from him.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

PS4 would like a word.

I stopped counting after the first 30-ish Oni matches but to date I have gotten hit by the insta down attack only once. I'm not even being considerate of positioning. I'm not saying the Oni cannot land them but most of my matches are either people somehow getting M1 to death/tunneled or escaping. I've seen 2 Oni players since rank 4 and both matches were 4 escape.

Cannot say you didn't experience differently but I scoff at the idea he might be "overtunned". Maybe he is better on PC? Still seems to me from videos I've watched that he is treated like any other loop-able killer with minor concerns for positioning.

• luka2211
    luka2211 Member Posts: 1,433

I like going against him,I honestly don't know if this is bait or not,but my team rarely all goes down,he might get 2 downs but not 3,4.I guess i might be getting good teams,or you are just a rank 20 :F

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,906

I can count on one hand the number of times I died to an Oni.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,696

*steps into locker as Oni transforms, winking at OP*

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

If I know I will go down I will jump in a locker to force the cool down.