Devs, I don't get your point of view in this moment.

Ranks in lobby..

Whats wrong if people don't wanna play with newbies hiding in the corner and not doing anything?

You said that as Survivors you should have some unawareness about with who you'll play to be excited, but it's very annoying to not know that you'll play with unexpirienced gamers. Poor team mates - one of the main issues solo Survivors have, and revealed ranks helped to fix it at least a bit. I am sure it also slightly helped unexpirienced players to avoid encountering too sweaty ones.

It was a great feature bug somewhat solving very serious problems. Please, bring back this.

Comments

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620
    edited December 2019

Hmm I don't get it either. The people that dodged a lobby was practically the same as now, honestly there weren't much people who dodged when ranks were on . Besides, if you knew your teammate is a newbie then you could equip yourself with perks that could help that newbie or even put an offering like party bloody party streamers.

So lobby dodging wasn't much of an issue and they know it. Basically is a "We don't want to do it, then we won't do it", it's ok, it's their game and they are free to decide whatever they please.

But even I, who don't like playing with newbies played with them. Why? As I knew they were newbies it was probably the killer were too, so I could use perks that helps me more like selfcare (or using a medkit) and not relying in a teammate that never would heal me.

• Go_Go_Roboto
    Go_Go_Roboto Member Posts: 330

It's an unfortunate consequence of the rank system that unless you are in purple or higher, you'll likely get an unexpirienced player.

Q times are bad enough for new players. It can only want someone to get rid of the game if they are constantly being dodged by their teammates after a long wait.

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250

I like that they took it away. People get pre-conceived notions by a silly number and dodge a perfectly good lobby because 'rank x is bad'.

How do you know if someone is an immersive player by their rank? It is the same as assuming a survivor is toxic because they play a certain character in a certain outfit. Its ridiculous.

My friends drop rank all the time because they are too busy with life to play all the time, but when they do they are amazing ^^ Much better then me! However we had people dodging us because they saw me, and rank 3, and a friend, Rank 10.

Wait times are bad enough as they are, we don't need people dodging for made up reasons.

• Mjra
    Mjra Member Posts: 50

You dodge new players. New players have longer queue times. New players stop playing. Player base stagnates.

Queue times are long enough as is let's not give self absorbed twats the tools to make them even longer.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

I just deleted a 3 paragraph response because in the end it honestly didn't matter.

I enjoyed this "bug" for the same reasons you and Az mentioned and wish/hope BHVR can seriously consider bringing it back.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

Just bring back the lobby ranks at least for as long as the matchmaking is screwed up like it is now. I have played only one single game versus a killer with the same rankrange (redrank) since the reset. Also 75% of my teammates were unskilled if theyve been in redranks. Its feels like playing with newbies all day now. I dont think I can stand that much longer, it just gets worse. If this isnt fixed soon (and i dont mean months), i just will stop palying until somethings done about it, cause the way its now, it isnt any fun to get screwed up by my own teammates every game.

• qwopper47
    qwopper47 Member Posts: 40

They are aware of the issue of being rank matchmaking issues. I think they adjusted the rank expansion rate for the holiday season (where the devs will be on break) to help make finding games quicker. So while you may get more mixed ranks, you will also get quicker games. I don't mind this at all. I prefer finding games fast, than wait so long for a "perfectly" matched game.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

They don't want survivors dodging lobbies the way that killers have always been able too because match making is bad and it will make que times even worse.

• nerdguy5
    nerdguy5 Member Posts: 52
    edited December 2019

Because I And everyone else would like play a game without having every single lobby sit half empty for 15-20 minutes because the “experience players” can’t be bothered playing with peasants...

• PalletsAndHooks
    PalletsAndHooks Member Posts: 989

If you simply don't agree, say that instead of "I don't get it"

It's pretty easily got, given they explained themselves in stream, pretty effectively.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620

You're right. It was an interesting feature of course, and whether I like to help new people in the game, I would like to have perks who help them if the killer decide to tunnel or camp, I know they are valid strategies but... imagine it you recently bought dead by daylight and it turns to be Hooked Simulator

• JC316
    JC316 Member Posts: 693

Rank is just a number. I crushed a team of rank 4-6 as a rank 10 killer, but I got crushed by a team of rank 15's with thousands of hours in the game.

• ThatMetal1
    ThatMetal1 Member Posts: 28

This is the right mindset. I've seen rank 20s that took an extended time off and were still good. I've seen red rankers throwing games for fun and memes. I've seen a friend give up his keyboard and mouse to his girlfriend to try to play DBD for the first time at purple ranks and she couldn't hit one successful skill check in 3 games. Rank is only a number, and if you aren't having fun just stop and play something else. For sure don't throw shade at devs, they do what they can. It is not possible to make everyone happy at the same time.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

The main problem I've seen with rank being shown in lobby, is how long they took fixing it. First showed up during the PTB. Then it made it to live. Instead of hotfixing the issue, they allowed players to use and experience the feature as if it was part of the game. Then after everyone was used to it, patch it out a month or two later.

Things like this need to be dealt with sooner than a mid or full chapter patch. Many issues in this game need hotfixes. Maybe some work needs to be done to their change management software to facilitate better patch control so hotfixes can be done between chapters.

• Zerog
    Zerog Member Posts: 27

You really think ranks mean anything do ya.

• TooKoolFoU
    TooKoolFoU Member Posts: 378

As a rank 1-6 on average survivor who plays solos, i lobby dodged everytime I saw people in my lobby who weren’t ever relatively close to my rank. For example, being a rank 5 and than a f*cking rank 12, 15,16, or 19 would join the lobby, than I would leave the lobby. I absolutely hate dying on the behalf of my team being almost completely inefficient while I’m being chased for long periods of time rather than dying on the behalf of the killer catching me out of skill/my mistakes. I still get those same potato a$$ survivors in lobbies, but I don’t dodge now because I don’t know what ranks they are. It’s a great feature, but it is extremely counter intuitive to have right now due to just how f’d the ranking/matchmaking system is anyway.

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994

Rank may not show how skilled you are, but it is a good indicator of experience. A rank 20 will have no idea how to loop or hit skill checks, while even the worst red rank survivor generally knows safe points. I should not have to suffer through a match where my teammate is a rank 20. Even as killer, I find this new matchmaking to be BS because I come across low rank survivors who kill the game for their team.

• BushetteLyfe
    BushetteLyfe Member Posts: 27

Honesty I am currently 18 idk how but I usually get to 8 or 7. People preemptively presume that I'm terrible by that after this rank reset... It's pretty bad i just started playing again because holiday craziness. Today has been terrible with other 18 rankers... Lord help me I am feeling like I don't even want to save them anymore if they get caught as soon as you unhook them... I mean the killer is on the other side of the map what are you doing lol

• ProfessorDunwich
    ProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 1,514

That's all well and good. Being able to see levels provided me much better quality matches. I had a match recently with a bad killer, but my teammates were far worse. They just hid the entire match. The killer was level 18 and all the other survivors were level 20.

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

Solos are not allowed to have fun. Solos need to be remain headless chickens, running in the darkness without any useful information.

Seriously, 4 men swf is the only way to have fun. Only 10% of my solo Q matches are not frustating (because of team mates), while in swf I have 99% of the time fun unless it's a facecamping Bubba on 5 gens.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

I've given up on solo survivor for a long while now. It can rot for all I care.

• MiktheSpik
    MiktheSpik Member Posts: 75

"Dont get blood points." Everytime i get out without being hit i get irridecent survival. If youre good at being stealthy you get blood points pretty reliably. And since your not getting chased you can bet were doing objectives. P easy to get double irridecent if youre a good stealth player.

• RobMeister88
    RobMeister88 Member Posts: 351

Lol at all the entitled yellow ranks. If you're mad at high rank survivors for wanting to not play with you, maybe do gens? Don't just run around the map doing nothing and for crying out loud, don't run to the opposite side of the map just because you hear the terror radius. We're not trying to be jerks but man, just get good and use common sense. I understand that not every game is going to be a good one but dang, when you lead the killer on a chase for hours and your low rank teammates literally don't do any gens, it's infuriating. Stereotypes exist for a reason, they're not just made up rumors. The majority of low rank survivors can't do the following efficiently:

-Repair gens (even though it's just literally holding one button for 80 seconds)

-Lead killers on decent chases (at least last 30 seconds)

-Save teammates off hook (Don't unhook right in front of the killer ffs)

Basically, most of them can't do things that are essential for the survival of the whole team. Understand our pov because we expect to be paired with teammates of similar rank that know what they're doing. That's the whole point of the ranking system.

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

The issue is: if you can ONLY play survivor with your friends, it's just a matter of time till the survivor popularity dies out. Reason: not everyone is always online. So the choice of the player is either go and suffer solo Q or play killer. And someone like me, who enjoys both roles and switching them multiple times a day... I wouldnt enjoy playing killer all the time and I would eventually just turn off dbd and start playing other games.

• Johnble
    Johnble Member Posts: 175

You were a new player at some point too. Don't blame new or casual players for not being as good as people that do nothing but play this game as long as people that speak about them the way you do exist. There honestly needs to be a mode where rank doesn't even matter so new players can learn without being trash talked and lobby dodged.

• RIP_Legion
    RIP_Legion Member Posts: 428
    edited December 2019

I'd rather waste 20 seconds of my time finding a new lobby then wasting my time playing with the highest ranked people I can meet and get dunked on because I have 0 support meanwhile I'm the only guy near my killers rank. I'm good but I'm not good enough to carry 3 useless sacks of (no no word) against a half decent spirit. Even as killer it didn't even bother me, I get it people don't want to play with people not near their rank (above or below), it was a great way to know if you're in a balanced match or at a disadvantage, it was worth the small amount of time wasted playing killer (which I main)

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

If the devs are so concerned with the time lobby dodging wastes, why does it put a killer back in the same lobby they just left?

All it does is prevent that group getting a killer that's going to take them and wastes everyone's time.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

Gotta love the boys who confuse rank with skill.

• FastestVirginia
    FastestVirginia Member Posts: 68

How could they expect from us to belive it was a bug is beyond me, because they not only removed ranks in lobby but also lvl of other teammates characters and their prestige.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

In what way does that make it unlikely to be a bug? I find it entirely plausible that a feature of the SWF lobby interface (in which players do have access to that information) could accidentally have slipped into the public lobby interface as well.

• Flickerleaf
    Flickerleaf Member Posts: 10

It's not fair if someone cannot get a game like someone else can if their rank is too high or too low. Showing rank in lobby could lead to a variety of problems and to be fair with the devs, I do get excited when I play with people not knowing their ranks. It creates a layer of interaction instead of locking someone into the mentality that the teammates they are going to have will suck. It breaks the stigma that someone's rank is the telltale telling of their skill, which is what it is 100% not.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,935

From my point of view the ranks are evil

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

It was a good feature for solo survivors and i rather wait longer in my lobby than playing with potatos all day.