Discordance level 1 vs level 3?

Options
supersonic853
supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,398
edited December 2019 in General Discussions

Ive noticed both otz and tru3 prioritize discordance 1 because "it gives info more often" so i was confused on why discordance gets worse as you level it up? Is there any other perks like it? Also im figuring out what perk to run theres discordance surveillance and i don't know the other gen ones.

Comments

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

The reason people say that Discordance is better at tier I than tier III is because tier I activates for 8 seconds at a time rather than 12 seconds, which practically speaking means that it activates more often and the information it gives when it does is more up-to-date, which is generally considered more valuable than having a larger observation window.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,398
    Options

Yeah it seems weird for a perk to be way better when you first get it then its supposed to be top form lol. Is this the only perk like this?.

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784
    Options

^What Fibi said.

All they need to do is have the notifications trigger at the same frequency for every tier, and keep the yellow highlight increases the same.

ez

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    edited December 2019
    Options

I think there are a couple of other perks which some people consider better at tier I, but it's usually not completely objective as it's more a matter of what you're trying to achieve.

For example, Make Your Choice has a longer effect at tier III than tier I but also a longer cooldown. So MYC tier I can be more useful for high-mobility killers who can close in, down and hook the affected survivor quickly, because the shorter cooldown is more beneficial to them than an extra 20 seconds of effect that they don't need because they can down the survivor in 30.

However, on a killer who is more likely to take longer to down the survivor and secure the hook, a longer duration on the exposed effect is much more valuable and a longer cooldown is less of a handicap because they're likely to be spending most of that time in the chase anyway.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

Discordance is the only perk you want to keep at tier 1. You'll know 4 seconds sooner if there are still multiple people on the gen. I also prefer spies for the shadows tier 2 rather then 3, but that's just my personal preference

• palotheas
    palotheas Member Posts: 118
    Options

Before devour hope had exposed at all tiers I liked to keep it at tier 1 because I usually used it for daily moris and didn't want survivors to search for it early.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768
    Options

I use discordance 3 because i'm a monk.