Please rework level 4

I just completed the killer path in tome 4 and none were too bad except one the last one (5 basement hooks in one game) which would probably be the worst one if not for the fact that you didn't need to kill anyone so...

But that challenge and the one im on now both have a similar issue, although its not impossible, although ive done it before, it is incredibly annoying. Not only will the survivors just start avoiding the basement because they know what youre doing, but every single time theres a DC. Theres a DC in MOST of my games,when im just hooking people in the basement most goes up to 99%. I not only have to hope that the survivors will stay around the basement but that they will also not DC before their final hook. Oh and of course youll have to be able to get them down there in the first place

My only other issue is the one where you have to finish 4 gens with dark sense.....why. The only way i can possibly see this happening is if the killer is afk and no one is rushing gens. You could play really immersed but then youre hiding from the killer while your team is likely doing gens without you, you have to hope the killer stays on someone else that wont go down quickly

ALL of these challenges would be fixed if they didn't need to be completed in 1 game, even if you doubled it to 8 basement kills or 8 gens with dark sense it would still be doable, but right now both of those challenges are noy do much of a "challenge" as they are just hoping other people do what you need them to do.

I dont except a change before the holidays are over but maybe, hopefully in time for the double BP event

Comments

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267

When i got mine, i did it when Ruin was up. Some reason people dont want to do it with that perk. So all 5 i had to do. Yeah some helped a bit, but once they made the gen spark. Vanish.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

So many people complaining about them as if they should be able to be done without working for them.

This is Tome IV. Its suppose to be hard and what we got was a joke. Its easier than the last one.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I’m done with every challenge, they aren’t too bad.

• yoi
    yoi Member Posts: 338
    edited December 2019

i think the dark sense one is kinda bugged i got 3 with other people and did half of another by myself and then another poped at hte other side of the map (i was triggered hard) somehow i got it... when u need 4. anyway the one to hook 5 people in the bassement is easy as ######### with agitation the one taht is not easy at all is killing 4 in the bassement why? because they could DC, why? because you cant always bring people into the bassement if they know what are you doing and they play at the other side of the bassement. tehre are many rasons, but getting 4 in teh bassement?

to get the dark sense one use bond to find people (if u are playing solo is hard it costed me amany games to get it) bring a toolbox with prove tyself so they actaully want to stay there even if u miss an skillcheck you can use a toolbox with that addon to make greats a little bit bigger so is easer to hit greats even with ruin and there u go try to avoid the killer play stealth. (it costed me a lot cause i am playing in rank 4 so pretty much red ranks and is hard becasue everyone rush gens as if their lives depends on it

)

• Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 985

Every challenge I thought would be difficult except for the pallet stun ones I got first try.

Six feet under I would be gotten first try, but ended up not because of a DC. I got it second try instead.

Six traps for hungry jaws I got first try.

Dark senses I also did first try.

Like none of the challenges are even that overwhelming outside the fact that a DC can render you unable to complete the challenge.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

They dont go away. They're SUPPOSED to be a challenge.

If you want things handed to you, just ask.

• JuST FaRM lOL

Actually tho

• VoodooChild
    VoodooChild Member Posts: 319

Look man i dont have a cookie to give you but im glad nobody DCing on you, that's good to hear

• VoodooChild

Tell me why a bunch of people with survivor pictures are seriously telling me people DCing before i kill them in the basement is part of the challenge lol.

They need to take away killer/survivor paths because really most of the toxicity in this community comes from that division. Which is dumb, like yall all playing the same game. Its mostly survivors, like 90% survivors but even worse are the 10% of edgelord killers who are "Punishing" survivors for just playing the game. Like they get looped at a pallet and have a fit because you didn't run straight.

Like come tf on yall youre all lookin hella silly lol

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

they already nerfed them.

here, thats how level 4 used to look at first:

imo they are in a good spot right now.

most of them are extremely easy, the only ones i think would be tough are the "kill all 4 in the basement" and "hook 5 ppl in the basement with agitation" for killers and "complete 4 gens with dark sense" and "pallet stun the killer 4 times", though they are far from impossible.

tbh, i wouldnt like them to be obtainable for free. its the final level, they should be hard to achieve - at least some of them.

• maaadinsomniac
    maaadinsomniac Member Posts: 440
    edited December 2019

I did this two challenges at first try, I don't know how, maybe just only luck. Wish you one too.

I had problem with my Six Feet Under, it's pretty easy, when I didn't have this challenge up I can do this easily, but now, everybody dc'ng. Aaaaand it's my last challenge at all, I'm already frustrated.

• VoodooChild

Ill stun the killer 4 times in a regular game, but getting 4 kills in the basement is all circumstance. Maybe its different on Xbox than PS4/PC/Switch (i hope to god someone on this ######### is playing on switch lol) but survivors are just super toxic. And no one has said it but yeah i know, de rank. But it shouldn't have to be like that, ive already thrown so many games as a survivor doing dumb challenges now i got to throw games as killer to get into a low enough rank where theyre not going to insta DC (or more commonly DC right before their 3rd hook, that's what really has me pissed like i did it. Give me that.)

MY hope tho is the devs will also have the same thing happen to them, realize it sucks and change it. Its not about the challenge of it, in fact more often then not if you get 2 people in the basement the games over. Its about being robbed every other game.

And people hella pretentious too, i already got my charm, im trying to get my shards or whatever so that i can then give my money to these people for the pass. That and the lore

• VoodooChild

its because they know youre trying to do it because this community is kind of headassed sometimes with the partisanship lol

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

i do understand your frustration in this, however what you are describing here is not the challenge being too hard, but rather the players you play against being douchebags.

thats has nothing to do with the challenges being too hard and its nothing the devs can just change.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

4 Generators Dark sense bond openhanded and the game map. You will be able to see what is being worked on/on both floors. Took 3 tries.

• VoodooChild

But that's the game. I mean i seriously have 1 DC almost every game (normally right before they die which is the most pointless ######### ever) and i dont think im alone in experiencing this. The DC punishment test is on PC....and switch. So yeah maybe its better there now but theres a reason they had to add that. DCing is extremely common

They gotta take that into account with these challenges because its super unfair

• Keene_Kills
    Keene_Kills Member Posts: 649

Bingo. Challenges relying on RNG and the players you're matched with will always be screwy.

And, rest assured, if there's a post regarding the difficulty and frustration of some Tome challenges, guaranteed the majority of responses to it will be folks letting the world know how easy it was for them, particular. Never fails.

• VoodooChild

Shout out Jeff that's my ######### even tho i dont got him yet lol. Never met a toxic Jeff in my life

Anyway yeah i really dont get the people who play this game, seems like most aren't even horror fans just super tryhards MLG dead by daylight types. Everytime people talk ######### and call me bad when i talk about how BS some of these challenges and the adapt killer achievements are. Eve tho i got literally half the adapt killers and all of the challenges up to the current level AND i even completed the killer side already. If they dont change anything ill still complete the tome, but theres a difference between something being annoying af and something being challenging.

I love this game, i love the idea of challenges, but i think the challenges are poorly designed and often leads to less enjoyment for everybody in the game, hence why people are DCing when i try to hook them in the basement. I got faith in the devs in tho

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

Because people will always be #########? That wont change. Same with trophies.

Difference is, you let it bother you, when there is NO TIME LIMIT.

Griefers move on to new things quickly. Just play the damned game, enjoy it, and get it when you can. Dont stess over a CHALLENGE that isnt going anywhere.

You don't have to be in the first wave of people completing it to obtain the reward.

• VoodooChild

You just called yourself an ######### and said I dont need to be in the first wave to obtain the reward. Now see I believe youre an #########, but I already got the all the charm so why do you care lol. I know that's what youre talking about because the only thing im actually trying to get is the shards which do have a time limit

Also, nobody cares. Im not letting people like you (#########, as you said) get to me because who are you lol. Unless a dev came on here and told me to go ######### myself I give 0 ######### bout what anybody on here got to about me lol. You the one getting mad at other people on their posts, aint no reason for that man. If youre at a point in your life where you just admitting yourself an ######### why not step back and you know, not be? A lot of people on this game have that problem and its like the devs said, maybe you should give the game a break go play civ or something.

Or go light up and chill tf out lol, go back and read some of the stuff you say after I bet youre gonna laugh at yourself

• Bagginses420
    Bagginses420 Member Posts: 83

My only complaint are all the DCs. I keep saying there needs to be a bigger penalty.

• LOA
    LOA Member Posts: 235

I got the Dark Sense one o. My 4th try. You need to run a ninja/gen rush build and just get it done. You have to be kind of a dick and avoid saving people of the hook, but it wasn't so bad. I ran Alert to keep up with the killer, Prove Thyself for destroying Gens, and Poised so I could scurry off with no scratch marks after each gen. The match I got it done we all died, but I still got a pip.

Also, I play solo, so getting it done that fast felt pretty good.