MM Is Broken AF... What ranks are you being matched with?

I understand there is some sort of bug I guess?

I am being matched up with legit brown ranks, over, and over again. When I do play survivor, I play solo, It is IMPOSSIBLE to play this game, do my challenges, and have a fun experience when I'm constantly being matched up with players that are either extremely new at the game or aren't there yet skill gap wise.

This is in no way to belittle lower ranks, however, there is a ranking system for a reason. I shouldn't be getting high brown ranked players when I'm in red ranks, every ######### game.

So frustrating. How is this okay? "Enjoy your holidays, oh, we'll fix this when we get back.... probably." Sigh.

Very dumb.

Anyone else as annoyed as me, Is It just me?

I think I'm going to be playing other games until It's fixed. It's unplayable for me. Then factor in all the non sense that's happened with nerfing everything, making Oni super unfun to play with. I just can't do it right now.

Happy Holidays everyone... a positive ending. Woot!

Comments

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

I am getting match with basically any rank currently. The only time I care is if I am running Killer, since I suck at it. But as a Survivor its whatever.

• PistolTimb
    PistolTimb Member Posts: 1,413

Reds and purples mainly. I'll see any colors if it's a swf, though.

• Jukenobi
    Jukenobi Member Posts: 301

I get matched with the occasional rank 20, but only when I get matched with a 3 man SWF. Otherwise I usually get matched with people in my skill range or rank. I sometimes get some weird match ups with rank 14 or lower killers when I have a average rank 3 survivor team. It's a little unfair, but not much we can do about it at the moment.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

There is a bug they talked about in the Q&A where high ranks can be matched with those lower. It's being worked on but won't be fixed till after the holidays.

I play solo only and in a few matches at rank 5 I was matched with a rank 13/14 killer and everyone else was around their rank say 1 or 2 away.

If you are in a match with more than one high rank and lower ones as above it could indicate they are swf as the match.aking was changed to use the highest ranked player a while ago.

• DeanIcity
    DeanIcity Member Posts: 180

Yeah, been getting a lot of this as well. Low ranked killers, I'm mainly just getting very low ranked survivors though and I think I'm mostly getting triggered because I can not do some of these challenges If my team can't run the killer at least a little bit. Sigh duck.

• laurelstroodle
    laurelstroodle Member Posts: 432
  • Anki
    Anki Member Posts: 58

I'm at rank 7 and just played my first game with other purples today. Otherwise I have only had games with brown/green ranks (only today tho). Maybe it's because of the sales or something

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615

I get pretty much my own ranks, someone's SWF buddy sometimes higher/lower than me.

• beatddb
    beatddb Member Posts: 565

I know how it works, but supposedly the range of players that search goes up the longer you're waiting, and my queues are almost instant

• Xerge
    Xerge Member Posts: 928

I get matched with other red ranks and purple rank survivors, the problem is I mostly play against green rank killers.

• Kurrmiu
    Kurrmiu Member Posts: 23
    edited December 2019

I'm getting a lot of red/purple rank survivors when playing killer at rank 14-12.

And the opposite as survivor (rank 5), I'm getting much lower rank killers with a few exceptions every now and then.

• tetsuo
    tetsuo Member Posts: 151

I’ve been paired with yellow ranks too today but it was cool because some of the killers were also from these yellow ranks so it was fun to play against a potato killer with potatoes teammates

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,523
  • As posted in my thread "Here's a real high-class bout!"

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640

I am a rank 8 killer but been only getting rank 3 and higher survivors

Meanwhile I am a rank 3 survivor and I am getting paired with rank 20-10 killers

I feel terrible