This Game is Way too Easy for Killers

Options

I remember 3 years ago. The game was new and so much fun. There were so many pallets, and infinites in the game, and killers still managed to own survivors. Now sadly, enough killers who are garbage at the game, took to reddit and cried. They cried, and cried, and cried until the devs gave them just what they wanted. They took away more than half of the pallets and removed a bunch of windows, and even made healing take longer.

Now I play killer and survivor, but killer a LOT more. You can even check the leaderboards. I'm 2nd in the world in survivors killed and like top 50 in survivors sacrificed. I really miss the challenge. I mean, I understand them taking away infinites and some pallets. But they took away WAY too many pallets. I get that they're trying to make the game easier for new killers but you guys chased away a lot of OG players, and that kinda sucks. Even myself, I play this game less and less.

A simple fix would be to add back more pallets in tiles where they should be. It's really annoying when there aren't pallets where there normally should be. Also add more tiles. Many maps are extremely empty with nothing to use.

I love DBD and I want it to succeed. I really do.

Comments

• Jonny
    Jonny Member Posts: 11
    Options

I'm able to run the killer because I'm decent at the game. This has nothing to do with the fact that the game is way too easy for killers. Coming from a killer main, it is too easy.

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,053
    edited December 2019
    Options

By fun you mean infinites, Gens took 70 seconds to repair, there wasn't any medium vault and it took like 0.3 (Idk what the exact speed was) seconds to fast vault a window, double pallets everywhere and some other nice stuff.

• Elvenmonk
    Elvenmonk Member Posts: 367
    Options

Aren't the stats at a near 50% win rate for both? (I think it is 55&45)

Also, if you didn't drop pallets so much you'd do better

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719
    Options

I literally started to play pig yesterday. It took me 2 days to go from rank 20 to rank 10. Now, to be fair I really like the pig and the build that I've got on her. But give me a break if you think that playing killer is hard.

• Spectro
    Spectro Member Posts: 42
    Options

At this point in time killer is indeed way too easy. All thanks to the astonishingly bad matchmaking for survivors.

The game is a 1v1 at this point. The other 3 survivors are just there for show. They don't do gens, they don't save and they go down instantly. All you have to do as killer to win is tunnel the 1 good survivor in the team and nothing will get done. The game is in really bad shape right now.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,389
    Options

Have your met our boy legion over here who gets nerfed when he hasnt even done anything?

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768
    Options

He's paralyzed lying on the OP table waiting for the next organ to be removed.

• adsads123123123123
    adsads123123123123 Member Posts: 932
    Options

I agree. Please bring back Nurse with 3 blinks in her base kit and 115% movement speed and instant Moris.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

You can always make it harder on yourself.

Y'know, putting limitations on your gear, or rules on your actions.

• RandomHyperBeast
    RandomHyperBeast Member Posts: 35
    Options

No the other guy is right your just a bad survivor. Your either low rank so you get faced camped by noon killers so not your fault or your good but worse then killers at your rank.

• FJSJ_Lunar
    FJSJ_Lunar Member Posts: 230
    Options

so you miss a broken game that let you abuse loops and windows... makes... sense...

im like 90% sure this is bait lol

• Runcore
    Runcore Member Posts: 328
    Options

Game is too easy for survivors. Just find myour swf and you have 90% of escape in 5 min genrushing. Killers are bullied by survivors.

• konchok
    Options

Do you know what percentage of players who have installed dead by daylight get to rank 10?

It's 10 percent.

In 2 days, I was able to play and win against people who have hundreds and in some cases over a thousand hours in the game. IN 2 DAYS!

You can see the entitlement that killers have when they feel they should be able to easily stomp survivors who have much more experience than them. I've likely hit my proper rank at rank 10 with pig and I doubt I'll get much higher.

Balance is not me easily getting to rank 1 as killer because BHVR gives me an insta-win button.

• Artyomich
    Artyomich Member Posts: 281
    edited December 2019
    Options

Only watched one chase and stopped. Just drops every pallets without punishing the killer respecting several time or missing lunges but only knew how to abuse one basic God window no wonder you're asking why the pallets feels so little to you LMFAO.

Thanks for proving that this game is too easy for survivors if you managed to win playing like this.

• Callmehandsome
    Callmehandsome Member Posts: 529
    Options

How horrible that they removed few of the 30 pallets and nerfing to INFINITES. I played 3 years ago and you should remember that even solo survivor queque were sometimes over 45 mins.. and with SWF me and my friends waited 1 HOUR and no game.. i wonder why

You know why killers got any kills back then? becouse survivors were extremely cocky, literally nobody almost touched a gen and eventually survivors made too many mistakes while trying to bully the killer. Killer was at mercy of survivors if they made big mistakes or not, if they didn't you just had to swallow it and move to the next game.

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293
    Options

Running a god loop doesn't make you good tbh also why drop pallets so early?

• Bingbongbong
    Bingbongbong Member Posts: 202
    Options

20-10 Is generally where killers do best, Wait until high ranks where you get some competent survivors and SWF.

Nothing in this game is exactly easy unless you're talking about the obviously unbalanced things like SWF, Keys or Mori's.

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250
    Options

Going from rank 20 to 10 very easy for both Killers and Survivors lol

When you get your pig to rank 3 let us know!

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

Spirit became easier for me after her changes, no collision gives me new strategies and I didn’t rely on no vault animation.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    edited December 2019
    Options

How is that a carry? First you don't care about unhooks and manage to do 1 gen (the first one was a team gen). In the meantime your team manages to do all the unhokos and another gen. Then you have a long chase that us casued by the Pig trying to mindgame safe pallets, while your team does another gen. Then you disturb your team finishing the last gen, causing a down. Really don't get your evaluation. It was a normal game against a medium killer, your team did mostly better than you state

• Jacksansyboy
    Jacksansyboy Member Posts: 174
    Options

I play both sides, and i think both sides are easy, which means the game is fairly balanced. However, i can chill out when I'm playing survivor, i can sit and M1 a generator all game, and if i have a good team, i might not even see the killer. Then if a killer chases me, if i last even 50 seconds, that's more than half a gen done, even if only 1 other surivor is on a gen. As killer, skill makes or breaks you. But you rely on the survivors messing up, most of the time, even at rank 2 or 3, survivors play poorly. That's why killer can feel easy at times, but the game fully depends on survivors. If they are good, killer can feel hopeless, but if not, you can easily destroy a bad team. Killer is supposed to be stronger than 1 survivor, so they can actually win. 1 vs 4. So if I'm chasing 1 survivor, if i don't down him in 40 seconds and get on another survivor within 15, i could have 3 generators going off 2 minutes into the match. If they had pallets like how they used to, 1 survivor could just throw every pallet down, not even bother looping or hitting the killer, and unless the killer leaves them, that killer will lose. And OFC they removed INFINITES. That defeats the whole point of the game. Yet they still have 2 or 3 loops that aren't quite infinites, but are super safe, super strong loops for even trash survivors to get away with. As the game is now, I'd say it's fairly balanced, just needs to be smoothed out. And there is a huge skill curve, making expert players gods compared to noobs, and the game doesn't have good matchmaking to keep them apart.

• Seltas0208
    Seltas0208 Member Posts: 1,056
    Options
  • Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609
    Options

Yeah, I think the Devs should add 4 pallets at every single tile and deacrease gen speed. This post is probaly just bait so lets just meme

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
    Options

You mean like learning how to counter each and every killer and their add on/perk combinations means nothing...sure.

• Krystress
    Krystress Member Posts: 52
    Options

Idk how you think constantly chasing survivors was fun. It gets annoying.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,585
    Options

I just don't think that is true.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,542
    Options

Can't speak for PC but on console it's definitely killer favored. And I play both. Survivor is almost unplayable.

• SaintsxSinners
    SaintsxSinners Member Posts: 52
    Options

Are you high boy? How is survivor almost unplayable on console?

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,542
    Options

Wait times and ######### games. Just unistalled. See ya!

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options

This is wrong and it's easy to prove with the stats the devs have provided:

According to the stats Red ranked games have a higher Kill rate.

Remember that Red ranked Killers are facing Red ranked Survivors baring SWF. (although there is a bug that makes the other way around not true). Now, regardless of what the specific number is you should expect the harder role to gain a relative advantage over an easier role as the skill of both sides increases. An example of this would be the Nurse, who's Kill rate spikes in red ranks compared to the general population.

It doesn't matter what the numbers are or why they are what they are, the thing we are looking for is just a change in kill rate from non-red ranks to red ranks. If the Survivor role was Harder then getting better at Survivor would have a disproportionate impact on escape rate compared to the Killers, yet this isn't the case. Thus Killer is the role that requires more Skill.

• OhSkipper
    OhSkipper Member Posts: 17
    Options

LMAO. do you really think its a challenge to reach rank 1 killer LOL. killer is so ez, i had not played killer in a few months i went from rank 17 to rank 1 within a few days. its on my twitch profile if you want to take a look. survivors are too predictable and just trash 90 percent of the time. I went against 1 maybe 2 squads that actually sorta gave me a challenge ( in ironworks ) i literally do not get why killers dodge swf like if swf are automatically better. yes if youre a god survivor you can take over a game, but if you get hooked its probably game over for the rest of your team if they dont crank all the gens before you get hooked. killer is to easy, and if you dont think so youre probably just a trash can that doesnt use any logic or mind games, and if you do try to mind game you probably mind game yourself. im not saying buff survivors and give them more pallets like OP is saying but if you really think getting to rank 1 killer is hard you probably are just no good lol. i play both survivor 50/50 and i enjoy both equally. Also, nerf NOED, if you use NOED on any killer your just admitting your a trashcan, yea you can cleanse the totems but youre still admiting your trash at the game by equipting a crutch perk. Remove the haste or remove the exposed effect. good killers dont need NOED, and it hinders your growth.

• FJSJ_Lunar
    FJSJ_Lunar Member Posts: 230
    Options

Rank 10? Woahhhhh lmao

Save some pussy for the rest of us lmao

• konchok
    Options

The point was not that I am some killer god. It's quite the opposite. It's that I'm over-performing as killer.

• KuromiStarwind
    KuromiStarwind Member Posts: 325
    Options

Brown and yellow ranks as well as solo survivor are pretty tough

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,005
    Options

Yeah. . . no. If you were that far up in the rankings, you'd be both far more objective, AND knowledgeable. Your post lacks both.

If you can't make use of the numerous pallets, jungle gyms, windows, etc, then you're just a rookie survivor. Or don't wish to learn. Either way, no.