Anyone else think the Yamaoka Maps are too dark

Options

So since the new chapter they've made maps darker than they were before. Yamaoka was already a dark map anyway, did it really needed to be made any darker.

In my opinion Yamaoka is currently too dark, to the point that it has made playing on Yamaoka challenging to play as both the killer and the survivor. The darkness of Yamaoka makes tracking survivors a nightmare, especially against Claudettes.

I've also found it difficult to loop on both Yamaoka maps due to how dark it is, often finding myself getting stuck on debris which I wasn't aware was there. I have also had difficulty trying to memorize the new Yamaoka map's tiles.

The only players that seem to benefit from this map are immersive survivors and Ghostface. Since the update both Yamaoka maps have replaced the Game Map as my second least favourite maps after Lery's.

This thread is just my opinion, if you found Yamaoka easy to loop as a survivor I would appreciate advice on the best way to loop it, because I haven't found a way to do it yet. Also comment below your opinions.

(Yes I know my bubba build isn't great, I was just testing a couple of perks out).

Comments

• DarkPit
    DarkPit Member Posts: 87
    Options

I strongly agree. Ive already had 2 matches against ghostface on the darker maps and snapped him out of his stalk why i couldnt even see him but he was in the center of my screen. But i guess i just outplayed him ;p

• Bill_I_Am__Overbeck
    Options

The issue is that there's so much clutter already (as you've said) on Yamaoka maps, and the additional darkness makes the clutter even harder to navigate. And unlike maps like Coal Tower (with the infamous 2-car L shaped trap that blends perfectly in with the rest of the environment), the clutter can be spammed by the RNG tile system which is annoying.