We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Did you buy the Oni chapter? If you did - why?

2»

Comments

• Aztreonam78
    Aztreonam78 Member Posts: 1,131

Nope, its just sad that last chapters were much more unique and devs now so focused on making money and money.

Last Breath, no words.

Hallowen chapter with Michael Myers and his 3 Obsession perks, and of course Decisive.

Of Flesh and Mud with weak killer from the beginning, but representing Hex mechanic.

Lullaby for the Dark. Adding Anna with her hatchets.

Spark of Madness. Original Killer with cutie Feng Min.

• Nunya_Nunyabiz
    Nunya_Nunyabiz Member Posts: 30

Sadly, no I didn't buy him because I already thought "I'm not going to like this killer"

It has the same mechanic as hillbilly and I suck with hillbilly

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

i did.

because i always purchase the newest chapter asap to gain access to the new content.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

I bought the dlc on PC and PS4 because that's the last one I needed.

I tend to play all Killer's who's not Billy. I dont enjoy him in the slightest. The Survivor I didn't care about I'm a Feng Main and I have her all cosmetics, all perks, p3. I just wanted the perks xD

• ColaGhost
    ColaGhost Member Posts: 36

I did. I thought the Oni looked fun af, plus Japanese demons & his when let deal are right up my alley.

Just turns out I'm suuuper inconsistent playing the oni. I like the survivor, I just find her perks a bit nowhere.

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946

I didn't buy him. I was considering buying him with shards, because at the current state of the game I don't want to support the devs with my money. I am glad that I waited, now that they nerfed the fun parts of the Oni.

I will wait for Nemesis to show up in the shrine and that's it.

Blood Echo and Tactics aren't worth using in their current state.

Tactics are maybe useful for new players...so why put it behind a paywall is beyond me.

And Blood Echo is good for high mobility killers, that can get on top of the injured survivors after hooking one...but those high mobility killer didn't had a problem with this in the first place so why bother wasting a slot?

Yui is fun, but don't fit my playstyle.

• MarsAttacks
    MarsAttacks Member Posts: 179

He's not fixed don't waste your time. Just run at him and cut an angle if he's charging. Or keep objects between you and him and force him to be an M1 killer even when his power is up. The ONLY time I feel any kind of fun with him is the rate times I'm coming back to a hook and get a double down because of the way his smash works. Outside of that his ability is laughably bad and arguably worse than billies due to the fact he doesn't permanently have his ability

• andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940

Didn't buy it just due to fact it was another M1 killer again, it's designed survivor sided so 1v1... whilst the other 3 gen rush.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Yui's perks looked fun at first but I decided against it because Yui's lore is generic pandering and I didn't want to reward the devs for it. Looks like I'm grabbing her perks from the shrine.

As for the oni, I would rather play Billy.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

No, because I work

• RIP_Legion
    RIP_Legion Member Posts: 428

I bought it for the perks, Nemesis is an amazing tool and blood Echo is a decent perk on Legion seeing as it punishes people for not healing against him.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267

Nope, no money, no shards.

• nemesis

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688
    edited December 2019

To get Yui and hers and the Oni's perks, mostly.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

I bought the chapter because of nemesis and the oni. Sadly the oni is pretty much unplayable rn.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

I bought the chapter because of nemesis and the oni. Sadly the oni is pretty much unplayable rn.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

I will use shards to buy a character I want but never will I purchase a chapter until a few solid weeks after release in case anything gets nerfed into the ground. Not wasting my money if the "fun" I wanted to buy is instantly removed.

• jimmy5200
    jimmy5200 Member Posts: 85

i bought it because i love wasting money. i just wanted to p3 all the characters and yui is one so i just bought them together cause why not. ill be taking this to my grave regretfully

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

Oh don't worry I have made plenty of "micro-transactions" mistakes in the past, its honestly why I am much more reserved/pessimistic about making ANY purchases now.

Overwatch drained me of too much money when I was too naive to realize how much better spent my money could have been...

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101

Because I am a sucker and buy all the DLC's.

• MedicSpirit7
    MedicSpirit7 Member Posts: 689

I got both characters with shards 😎😎😎

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,050

I bought Yui and Oni with shards, because I think Yui is cute and I was hoping Oni would be fun to play. I used to buy all the DLC, but I didn't buy the Stranger Things chapter, and it's possible I never will purchase any DLC in the future that's cash only. Unfortunate, but I've put waaay too much money into this game, and I don't feel it's been worth it, especially not since I play on the PS4 and the game is so damn rough on it.

Yui's pallet-lifting perk is fun to meme with. Oni's Nemesis perk seems useful. Last time I tried playing Oni (back around Dec 12th or something), it was clunky and not fun. I was extremely disappointed, considering how fun he looked on the PTB.

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,199

I'm a completionist, and if I didn't have them, I'd be going insane. And shards take too long to reliably get, so I spent money. As I always have, and always will. Just the way my brain works.

Also, the Oni is unintentionally the greatest Killer ever for me (my chem teacher's last name was Oney), so points for that.