I just want to say something to survivor mains who never play killer

It isn't camping if they know you're around. they don't see anyone with BBQ and chilly,they literally see you something else for survivor mains camping and tunneling is NOT BANNABLE also for killer mains looping,ds,bt (oh God I really hope no one reports for ds and bt) they are NOT BANNABLE oh and one more thing disconnecting IS BANNABLE

Comments

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

You just need to ignore salty survivor comments in the chat. I like to poke back at them though. If they cry and say I was bad, I’ll just respond to them saying that they must have been really bad for falling for my tactics. That usually shuts them up.

As for tunneling and camping, sometimes you have to. I don’t have a lot of tracking perks for the few killers I play, and a lot of the times it’s just hard to find someone unless they’re an experienced player that has the pallet location of every map memorized. So if I get taken for a run around of the map, pallet stunned then get pointed at, blinded, or t-bagged, and three gens go off at once, you bet your behind I’m going to make sure I get at least one kill.

I just started playing trapper so it’s easier to have the end of a match snowball in my favor too. Though it’s annoying when the survivor manages to get around the trap even though there’s a wall on either side of it.

• miniplayz_
    miniplayz_ Member Posts: 4

Great message to survivor mains I play both and I think I have around the same amount of hours on both sides

• ElemonatedU
    ElemonatedU Member Posts: 7

Got a game yesterday for a nurse on the game which ended with no gens being done and me escaping through the exit gates cause everyone dced

• Skywclu
    Skywclu Member Posts: 43

If there was a way to down vote, I would. Ds and Bt are Perks. There is a difference between perks and tactics for someone who's bad at the game.

• Exxodus21
    Exxodus21 Member Posts: 1,170

Playing in a way I don't like = Bad at the game.

Seriously though the OP is right. I recently had a match in Grim Pantry where I hooked a survivor and instantly the other 3 survivors swarmed the hook. I of course stayed there and got some hits. They unhooked the survivor while I got another down. When I came back to the hook the survivor that had just gotten unhooked was sabotaging it. So I downed her, hooked the other person, and carried her to another hook. Then I started getting XBL messages calling me a camper and tunneler. She was under the impression that the killer MUST leave the hook even if her entire team is running around it. That's not camping.

• Skywclu
    Skywclu Member Posts: 43

That's not what I meant. I mean either staying in the vicinity of the hook or after someone unhooks, even if you hit the unhooker, you still go after the person who was hooked.

• bumbewildered
    bumbewildered Member Posts: 16

You know there's a few different reasons you wouldn't see someone with BBQ. First would be locker play which a decent survivor would do. Second would be the limitation of BBQ where someone may be working on a gen in the radius. Third, Distortion and Sole Survivor are things. Besides, camping is way more of a problem than that. It seems every single wraith these days sits next to the hook, and no killer is ever more than 3 seconds from the hook even if the other survivors are across the map. In the end who is having fun when they get hooked, their team completes the gens in the time that to killer camps them, and the other three escape while the killer and the hooked guy who dies on first hook both lose pips?

• Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609

A few days ago someone said to me that I was reported for camping (what I indeed was with Insidious bubba) and I started to laugh so much. One of the best DBD experinces

• RandomHyperBeast
    RandomHyperBeast Member Posts: 35

That's a flawed logic if I've ever seen one. The game is supposed to be killers kill survivors survive the killers use any means necessary to kill (camping, tunneling) sure it's not nice for survivors but most killers don't because they want to be nice not because it's in the rules. Not to mention survivors use DC without thinking it toxic(I do as well) it's part of the game neither of these are exploits or cheating and devs know about both of them(believe it or not) tunneling is just the same as looping and gen rushing. You both wanna win. So don't think it's toxic because it's not

• Tr0g
    Tr0g Member Posts: 241

Yeah, if I know survivors are around, especially if I see nobody with BBQ, I will stay near the hook and only patrol nearby gens. Still get called a camper often.. What am I supposed to do, go to the other side of the map even though I know nobody is there?

• tylerlogsdon1
    tylerlogsdon1 Member Posts: 158

Play how you want. Killers aren't there to be nice to you.

• KingHEADBUSTER
    KingHEADBUSTER Member Posts: 75

If your within 40m of hook, hook time should stop, good killers don't care.

• Negan4891
    Negan4891 Member Posts: 53

I camp tbaggers. I dont care. I tunnel at the beginning of the match. I dont care. Cuz when im killer. Its my match and not theres. I will play and do what i want. And the survivors can cry all they want. It doesnt bother me at one bit.

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611

For me this is pretty simple tbh. If I'm killer I only camp when I see no one in BBQ and the survivors are playing poorly, because I know good survivors won't let me get away with it if they actually want to escape. If I'm solo survivor I just run Kindred and save myself the bother.

• BrendanLeeT
    BrendanLeeT Member Posts: 272

Pretty sure the devs tried something like that (not that much of a radius) and survivors just abused it like crazy. Of course when the majority bad apples ruin it for the good ones it sucks but unfortunately that's the community we have :/

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

tried, abused, discarded.

also 40m is way too much of a distance.

• poli
    poli Member Posts: 34

all.hail the dcs and bans.......may they push enough of the player base away til there is no one amd all that is left are MLG wannabees and sweaty try hards are left

• BushetteLyfe
    BushetteLyfe Member Posts: 27

As a survivor, I try to play fair because if you don't then the killer gets salty and camps. Really everyone should have fun outside of winning or losing and being toxic such as telling the killer that they suck or are terrible really pisses me off. I mostly play survivor but I can say even with a full 4 kills, survivors will still belittle your abilities.. Even though you killed all of them. Lol

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

I think they know this already, considering theres a never-ending loop of topics about these same exact things everyday.

• vigil_dreamer911
    vigil_dreamer911 Member Posts: 12

Meh, play however you want. As long as your not being an ass to others. Camping isn’t an ass, it’s just a bad strategy. You get points penalized for it. And can really backfire if the group is willing to just let the killer camp and blow through gens.

also, lockers cancel out bbq. So it doesn’t always mean the survivors are around!

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,311

Just play however you want as long as you accept your opponent(s) do the same.

The worst thing is someone who plays in a "controversial" way and then goes all surprised pikachu face when others do the same. Peak hypocrisy and entitlement.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

My main problem is how most players don't take into consideration of other player(s).

Recently, I got Lèry's as the Nurse and did very well, but they rotated hooks states well enough to power all generators.

Okay, fine, you won, GG. 😁

Nope, they had to spam me with notifications and clicked their flashlights/tbag me before they escape.

Typically, I don't let that bother me, but as a human, you can only take so much, so it definitely kills the mood for me to play Dead by Daylight. 😭

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Goes both ways but yeah. Respect doesn't exist for the player base.

• NMCKE

Yeah, I know it goes both ways, that's why I said "player(s)" with an "(s)" depending on what role you're playing.

It's just annoying how far people will go to ruin the experience of others, and again, to clarify, I'm not talking about just playing the game normally β€” I'm talking about doing things with the intention of ruining others experience. πŸ˜•

• Waffleyumboy

I don't see how survivors can ruin the killer's experience but what do I know about being sensitive? People get angry playing this game and it spreads. You can spark anger without meaning to quite easily.

• MarsAttacks
    MarsAttacks Member Posts: 179

I get a feel for the survivors in the first minute of play if I think they are toxic I make sure to tunnel and face camp the crap out of them. I don't even care if I depip. And god help them if I have a ohd Ability because I'm going to make sure I have it ready to pop whenever they come nearby.

I even keep a Mori list at this point just to make sure that I can end the toxicity in a hurry.

Survivors are a highly entitled bunch for how brain dead easy their role is.

• NMCKE

I just told you in an earlier comment, but I'll say again:

Depending on the context of the situation, these things are potentially disrespectful to the killer.

• Repeatively vaulting pallets or vaults.
    • Clicking your flashlights.
    • Tbagging or emoting.

For example, repeatively vaulting is completely unnecessary once you're at the Exit Gates. All this does is spam the killer with notifications, which in turn, annoys the killer. Most survivors who do this have the malicious intention of being as annoying as possible to ruin the killer's experience. These types of survivors know it's annoying, so they do it with that intention.

Like I said, I have a lot of patience when it comes to this stuff, but when you getting the same players who want to do anything for a reaction from you will eventually get to you. We are human, after all, we aren't perfect. πŸ˜•

Also,

Since you said:

I don't see how survivors can ruin the killer's experience but what do I know about being sensitive?

Specifically: "...what do I know about being sensitive?"

Labeling someone as sensitive just because they couldn't take no more isn't a fair assumption. I think we can agree that everyone has a limit to how much they can take, and we shouldn't judge people when they had enough. 😁

• Waffleyumboy

If the virtual images are bothering someone they can be said to be a little sensitive. Being sensitive is not something to be ashamed of bud. Thank you for the neat formatting but it doesn't help that you're wrong.

• NMCKE

Well, we can agree to disagree then, since we obviously are set in stone on our opinions. 😁

• Waffleyumboy

As is usually the case here. I'm sad to see that you can't see things my way but I understand you are probably just as disappointed. Thanks for taking the time to put thought into your argument.

• rickyray101
    rickyray101 Member Posts: 141

Camping sucks the fun out of the game. The whole purpose is to hunt and look for other survivors. There are many other perks to choose from as a killer to help your advantage. Nurses calling is a good one for you if you need to find survivors that you injured. Infectious fright is good to survivors who are close like you described. Also the legion and their ability is good finding survivors. All I hear from you is an excuse to play toxic and put forth zero effort in a match because you suck. I play both survivor and killer and camping isn't a good strategy because you give survivors the advantage of getting generators and and getting the gates powered.