Bye Bye Man Fan Chapter

NickelX
NickelX Member Posts: 20

Alright, this movie ever since i watched it like last year got me thinking how this dude needed to be in DBD, now yeah the movie is so so, but not terrible. Just read through this give an honest opinion on it, let me know what you guys think about it.

Killer name: The Boogeyman

Killer Power:

Obsessive Torment:

Hallucinations- At the start of the trial the killer takes the form of one survivor allowing him to get close to another survivor (not the same skin as the survivor who sees him) without expectation of his presence offering a free hit.

Mind Control- After being hit by a basic attack the survivor suffers in delusions, when near another survivor (4) meters the delusional survivor will attempt to defend themself injuring the other survivor and notifying the killer of their location has a charge time of 150 seconds and the mind control is depleted once the survivor has attacked another survivor can not put survivors in the dying state.

2 Skinless Hounds: The hounds traverse the map and alert the killer of the survivors whereabouts by barking, has a cooldown of 90 seconds.

Ultra Rare Add ons:

Strange Gold Coins Add On: reveal survivor auras from the hounds.

Unknown Silver Coins Add On: The hounds can attack survivors.

Train sounds (Train Brakes Power End, Train Chug Chug Cooldown and Train Horn Power Ready). Sounds last 3 seconds.

Perks:

Survivor:

Shared Sickness: You both feel each other's pain, grants the ability to Heal others in the dying state, while in dying state yourself.

Go Back To Hell: Your determination to send the evil back where it belongs is undeniable, fast vaulting a window or pallet will stun the killer, causes exaustion for 90 seconds.

Last Resort: You grip on to every bit of willpower you have left, After being hooked, the killer is forced 16 meters from the hooked survivor, any hits toward the unhooked survivor will be added endurance hits to them for 60 seconds.

Killer:

Dont Think It: Your darkness makes their minds bend, increase the skill check speed by 5%.

Hex: Dont Say It: The refusal of your toys not speaking angers you, hook survivors 15% faster until all totems are cleansed.

Hex: No Purpose: You control the end, you always do, you make sure of it. A Hex totem, once cleansed, gives the survivor who cleansed it a 30% increase on rescues, heals and repairs but decreases their allies rescues, heals and repairs by 15%.

Bio:

The Bye Bye Man: He had been in the death business for a long time, the conjuring of his name and string of deaths have ebbed and flowed for centuries, after the last string of deaths his slumber looked certain for awhile, however releasing his hounds out in the darkness they ran into an unfamiliar fog, the Bye Bye Man looked around finding himself in a place filled with new playthings to torture, he smiled, the fun here would be never ending.

Elliot: He shot his girlfriend who had stabbed his best friend, he had to end this string, he knows there is no other way, putting the gun in his mouth, he pulls the trigger, lights out....

Or so he thought, fog clouds his vision, blinking his eyes he is now in a different place, one he does not recognize. However there is something all too familiar. Two hulking animals and a unnatrually tall man in a dark cloak. The string is still not finished. He has to end it, once and for all.

Elliot wears a gray jacket, tan shirt, black jeans, black converse, curly flattop haircut.

Bye Bye Man wears a black trenchcoat, jeans, has slimy looking skin and the weapon is massive shears.

Comments

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Thanks for another disguise suggestion but it probably won't happen due to solo swf gap.

• NickelX
    NickelX Member Posts: 20

True but also its just for the first survivor after that swf would tell each other and in the unlucky chance its a solo survivor they have no more hallucinations for the remainder of the trial.

• Thatdamnkat
    Thatdamnkat Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2020

I one hundred percent agree with the bye bye man being added but I feel like his passive should be that once a survivor sees him, or possible hounds he can place, they are afflicted with a countdown timer that requires them to cleanse their insanity similar to the doctor, the effect could be called “don’t say it, don’t think it.” If the condition isn’t met then their location is revealed to the killer. Hence in the film where the main character states that the more they think about him the closer he gets. I don’t think he should be a stealth character with the disguises though.

• Zelosmaijir
    Zelosmaijir Member Posts: 10

There's a lot of programming issues here in trying to figure out the cloaking. So you want the survivor to see you, but you be appearing as someone else. Every time? That means that there has to be some sort of algorithm in place that you appear as a random survivor based on who is the farthest from you, most likely. That could be tricky because, for one, the distances will always be changing and you will be morphing like a power ranger, and two... well, I don't see what use this has otherwise, because one free hit at the beginning of the game is nice, but it isn't going to do much unless you catch two people working a gen together. In that case, it's worthwhile, but it's niche.

The survivor perks are really quite nice, but last resort is overpowered. Make it on struggle hook only and it becomes more clear what the purpose it. Right now it just seems like it is an instant defeat for all killers because when you're hooked, your teammates are all invulnerable and one gets a free save, maybe with borrowed time.

Cool ideas overall though. I enjoyed reading it.