Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Iridescent Head is perfectly balanced: Change My Mind

Post why you think Huntress's iridescent head add-on needs to be changed. Extra points for those with reworked effects.

I already expressed my opinion in the title; iri heads are perfect the way they are and if they see a nerf, they will never be used again.

Comments

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

Both, long range hatchets and BBQ can be easily countered.

• Frank_Sriracha
    Frank_Sriracha Member Posts: 74

Dedicated servers are hella trashy and often times creates some questionable interactions, but at the same time I think more people use "dedicated servers #########" as an accuse to not improve than as a legitimate criticism of game functionaplity. There's still plenty of options for survivors to dodge hatchets, it's just harder to do.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

Yes. Good huntress players disagree because it's too weak in their eyes. Another damaged health state? Just use infantry belt without it and you got another addon slot.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I think iri head is overrated. Sure, you get the down faster but it also hurts your snowball potential since you’ll have to reload sooner.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

It was happening before dedicated servers and the change to hatchets was done to try and help and reverted before they even went onto the live dedi server test.

It's not a complaint that's came about because of the servers being put on live.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171

This. Stacked belts or stacked hafts are better IMO.

Iridescent Head is just hated because it can make subpar Huntresses into bringers of death and pain.

• Apple2o
    Apple2o Member Posts: 624

It's because huntress gameplay is mindless and honestly isn't too much better than spirit. It's just a 50-50 guess if she is going to pull up a hatchet at the pallet or do an M1. Now add in instadowns on top of that and it's just busted.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

It’s a dumb add-on. I believe the add-ons for increasing the number of hatchets that can he carried are stronger as well as the exhaustion add-ons.

I only see bad Huntresses use Iridescent Head and they always pair it with an ebony mori.

All she’s gotta do is get right behind you in touching distance and you’re down. It takes no skill. It just incentivizes bad gameplay.

It should be changed to an instadown past a certain distance (like 20 meters) and have her have be able to carry all five hatchets. That way it rewards you for being able to hit long range hatchets.

• T2K
    T2K Member Posts: 635

I can only talk about console huntress here. Back then when I played on PC you had 3 iri hatchets with the addon before the nerf and that was kinda crazy. So on console I never encountered a good huntress with iri head the last 2 years. I main huntress and almost never use them myself. Ofc on console its a different case but its not like iri head is too strong. I think the main problem here are the survivor who play vs iri heads the same way like against every other huntress.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    edited December 2019

Iridescent head is legit broken. It's just throw, slug, repeat two more times then down the last one. GG you got outplayed by something that you literally couldn't predict would happen nor can counter if the Huntress player has at least half a brain and a mouse that works.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Remember that 2 iridescent addons should eventually exist:

* Iridescent Hatchet - Hatchet hits count as basic attack hits. Hitting a Survivor with a hatchet inflicts Exposed on all other Survivors for 20 seconds.

* Mothers Momento - Hitting a Survivor with a Hatchet grants you Undetectable for 45 seconds. You do not sing your lullaby while Undetectable (that includes Undetectable status granted from perks)

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

I just think devs changed spirit so now we have a new target. You need to adapt your playstyle to the killer. You can't go into a game expecting to play the same regardless of the killer. That's why killers aren't just skins like survivors.

The best killers, the ones people complain about the most, are the ones that make survivors play the game differently. Your good survivors aren't the ones that can loop or hit ruin checks. The good survivors are the ones that know, hey don't be out in the open against myers or huntress. Someone getting hooked? Jump in a locker or change positioning on the generator to better block the incoming hatchet.

I die all the time to every killer out there. But as i learn the game more i understand more and know that yeah if im hit with a hatchet I'm screwed so better keep LOS broken or blocked with something.

And like someone said, if a huntress is in melee range with an iri head, then it's basically a billy but with only 3 chances at insta down max.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

Ok, im kinda new to this and i play surv and killer though, in fairness, killer more. I know this is gonna trigger a lot of people but, doesnt huntress hum and let you know shes nearby like, 40 meters out or something? Why are you letting her get so close, you can sneak around and do other stuff instead of staring at your generator and having no awareness.

• Frank_Sriracha

Huntress's humming radius shows her general position, but hides her exact position.

• Frank_Sriracha

>Couldn't predict

I'd be fine with restrictions on iridescent head and military belt, but claiming there isn't any counterplay to a slow moving projectile is ridiculous

• Frank_Sriracha

I think you're absolutely right about not adjusting playstyle to take less risks with an iri huntress. It's definitely harder to avoid on PC, but PC survivors have some good movement options that aren't discussed in-depth much. I'm actually surprised it's not more commonly known

• Frank_Sriracha

If you're playing against huntresses like that, you shouldn't see them after you rank up

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632
    edited December 2019

And an instant down chainsaw (with an infinite number of uses) that also allows you to traverse the map at over 250% speed is completely balanced?

Huntress needs an ultra rare and very rare add-on to even have an instant down. It's a slick, diamond-like substance emanating with the entity's power. It's meant to be extremely powerful.

If anything needs a nerf...it's speed limiter on Leatherface. That $hit OP.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

Common sense doesn't come sparingly in today's world, unfortunately.

• GrootDude

And even with Iron Maiden, it is likely your snowball was already ruined.

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

U can insta down 3 survivors within seconds if you don't miss. How is that no snowball?

• GrootDude

Sounds like they weren’t using LOS blockers or loops.

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

Uhm yeah, same applies to your example. Without that addon and 7 hatches you won't snowball either. And even if you hit one, they will take take the sprint boost and are gone unless you commit. I really don't see how you see more snowball potential without iri addon.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

OP because range Oneshot. Enough said.

You think nobody would use it, if they drasticly change this? Good, nobody should. Same with Instaheals, Moris and some other broken Addons / Items.

Change Idea: Only working if further away then 20 Meters. Still stays a oneshot, but at least, the Huntress would need some skill to get the benefit of this addon.

Kind regards

• Anthony151201
    Anthony151201 Member Posts: 17
    edited December 2019

I think they should not work with extra hatchets, 1 hatchet can down a player while the other is just the basic hatchet,

Might need a rework in my opinion,

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611

Thankfully the devs should look at Huntress soon because she only has one ultra rate, and Iri Head will DEFINITELY be changed.

Because it needs to be. Objectively.

• DepressedClownMain
    DepressedClownMain Member Posts: 924

I think Iri Head is perfectly fine, but not with infantry belt. I think it should limit the amount of hatchets to 1, not just take out 5

• Apple2o

I have gone against the "best" cringey huntress mains in the game. Umbra, coconutRTS, Ralph, etc etc.

I stand by my statement. Huntress is up there as one of the three most mindless killers in the game. Hag, Huntress, and Spirit.

• Dpooly
    Dpooly Member Posts: 474

She only has ONE Ultra Rare add-on and most maps have plenty of stuff to hide behind. Why is it people think because they lost a game, that the solution is grabbing your keyboard and whining on the forums about how unfair it was? Sure, certain perks/add-ons make the game considerably more challenging, that just means to step up your awareness and get the hell outta there ASAP! If you get sacrificed, so be it and move on to the next trial. It's just a game😃

• Apple2o

Your name explains exactly why it doesn't take much skill to play her.

• Apple2o
    edited December 2019

I am sure your 3000 hour cross-hair using huntress mains will tell you it's hard to throw cross maps with BBQ wallhacks but having a hard counter to pallet looping in this game makes it easy mode. There is a reason everyone plays her.