The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Iridescent Head is perfectly balanced: Change My Mind

2»

Comments

• justaSpirit_phase
    justaSpirit_phase Member Posts: 142

Get off the gen, it’s common sense since literally every huntress runs bbq

• Haku
    Haku Member Posts: 614

I guess you missed the part where I said across the map - imagine it me on Earth, her on Mars. Now why would I get off a gen. Nothing to do with common sense even though I still remember it and I thought about it for a second but I was thinking there is no way from THAT far ... It was on Azarov's. This is how strong she is just with any hatches when used by a good player

• Streanschwien
    Streanschwien Member Posts: 14

Iridescent heads are considered overpowered because they are basically billy throwing his chainsaw at you. A suggestion I’ve heard from ScottJund is to make it so that when fully charged and from 32 meters away, the hatchet one shots (though i would change the distance probably to 28 or 24 meters), thereby rewarding good huntresses with a free down

• Joao_Bandicoot
    Joao_Bandicoot Member Posts: 286

"I know the counter, I think about it and could easily do it but I want to rush the gen mindlessly" sounds just about right.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Well, I'd argue that Iri heads are balanced on console since most people are terrible as huntress on there (including myself)...

• T2K
    T2K Member Posts: 635

I think a lot comes down to adjusting, but its almost normal for bE to fix things players dont like to adjust to.

Yeah thats suprising for me too. Id like to know more of the differences between console and pc survivors. My last stand is like a said over 2 years old.

• Frank_Sriracha
    Frank_Sriracha Member Posts: 74

I disagree with your DC theory. DCs only occur when a player views a situation as pointless to participate in, right? Not really. People DC all the time and sometimes it didn't matter what, only when. Killers are given a gradient of success to base themselves on, whereas a survivor's success is quite binary. I think that aspect of play adds a great deal to perceived balance, but iri head just doesn't have the numbers to back up a rework. I'm basically saying your opinion doesn't matter and iri head is still attached to a projectile, thus it can be countered very easily. But it is boring, which is why I have 50 of em in my inventory.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

Since you said:

I'm basically saying your opinion doesn't matter, and iri head is still attached to a projectile, thus it can be countered very easily.

Specifically: "I'm basically saying your opinion doesn't matter..."

We're just going to end it there since you don't care about what I bring to the discussion.

• Frank_Sriracha

Was supposed to be a "let's agree to disagree" but okay

• TheDiz
    TheDiz Member Posts: 243

They are only OP when the Huntress is really good, lol. I've had games that I didn't even realize it was being used because hatchets are usually not too hard to dodge. I actually think it's worse when people use the really quick wind up add on in general. But against a good Huntress the extra hatchets are awful.... Usually everyone just DCs when killers use really strong perks and add ons lately. It's so irritating.... I don't understand it personally

• Tisfine
    Tisfine Member Posts: 148

I actually think Iridescent heads are fine. People need to play Huntress more and realize how much Lee way you have due to the fact that the huntress doesn't have Wind up add ons and she's a 110 movement speed killer. Literally do not drop pallets at all unless you're sure its gonna hit. Taking an M1 is better than getting one shot. Then again Survivors are awful in red ranks and only know how to drop pallets.so I don't expect these survivors to get it.

• Poochkips
    Poochkips Member Posts: 265

New idea for iridescent heads. Hitting someone with it makes them broken for 120 seconds instead of instant downing. Because even while i play huntress, i refuse to use iridescent heads because quite frankly, it's just not as fun. It takes the skill of the huntress and kinda makes it unskilled. Sure you have to aim, but if you're running it with belt, 3 hatchet tosses to instantly down someone for free? Not hard...

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,428

It's not balanced because her hatchets are busted.

Aim at dead air and you got a down. Nice job.

• lilolmeetch
    lilolmeetch Member Posts: 6
    edited December 2019

imo as a consistent red rank 1 huntress, having 3 hatchets instead of 7 is worse. Even if the 3 instadown, having 7 hatchets instead allows you to keep insane pressure on the game. With A Nurse's Callings, you catch them injured which is 1 hit down. You also have the ammunition to lay down crazy shot attempts at any distance.

• of course it should be unbalanced, like trapper reds or legion button

all red purple items not being balanced in this game

keys are unbalanced moris instaheal still unbalanced

balance of this game always changing by players and items

this subject is pointless, unless you talking its too far or totally not

for me one shot hatchet is fine, whats not fine is spirit's base reduction of short cancel

• Bloodlust_Gamer69
    Bloodlust_Gamer69 Member Posts: 167
    edited December 2019

Im a huntress Main în ps4, and i think The combo of infantry belt and ori heads is unbalanced. Infantry belt SHOULD give just one Hatchet so that you have 2 instead of 3. This leaves room for one mistake but its not as unbalanced as 3 hatchets IMO.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    edited December 2019

https://clips.twitch.tv/MotionlessCleverVelociraptorSMOrc

https://clips.twitch.tv/IncredulousApatheticRingDogFace

I guess we should all just get better at dodging hatchets then?

I know this wasn't iridescent hatchets, but imagine if it was, and I was healed, and I just constantly get insta downed behind solid walls because it's whatever.

The entire huntress projectiles need looking at, not just her iri addon

• DBDIT
    DBDIT Member Posts: 172

Because it's a cheap one hit down? It's funny how killers still have one hit down abilities, but complained insta-heals out of existence. Then many of you smart a--es say "jUsT uSe dEcIsIvE sTrIKe" as if that changes anything because, by then, you're satisfied the devs finally gave you what you wanted but I'm not surprised. It's a killer game at this point.

• Haku

Well I can't help you with your deep/oviously/ problems using that brain instead of getting triggered. Moving away for a huntress being 10 miles away called being a counter /???/ , assuming gen rushing from a simple quote "I was doing a gen". What is next - did I teabag her if I've said I escaped ? Are we okay there ? You made me laught and I just woke up /still sleepy/ You sound really paranoid/stressed out.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,045

It is not.

Not any reason to put any effort in explaning why not, because you did not put any effort in explaining why it is balanced.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

I saw red ranks survivors DCing against post-nerf Legion and Clown. So for you this is prove that they are broken ?

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

Yeah thats what i mean, at that point wheb you hear humming shouldnt you just pay extra attention and check out for her?

• Glory
    Glory Member Posts: 241

Weird, one of these comments has a ton of upvotes and the other doesn't

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

A ranged instadown that can ignore windows and pallets is perfectly balanced? Sure bud.

Only the worst Huntress players in the world use iridescent heads - change my mind.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Without addons I'd like to point out that Oni is the only Killer with both an instant down AND anti-loop.

Billy has a Gap closer, but not anti-loop.

• Joao_Bandicoot
    Joao_Bandicoot Member Posts: 286

Well you said it first "i think about it but I don't know if she was good enough for hitting me from miles away" if you know that one could happen and still don't leave the gen. If that mentality is of a good player then I might be one of the worst players on this game.

• Haku
    edited December 2019

You are really bad at quoting lol. I really didn't say that. And again you got overzealous and made up things. My sentence "there is no way from THAT far" -> you "I don't know if she was good". You should read again what we are talking about here. The point here was that such outplay is possible from miles away, huntresses can be that precise from very far god forbid close range. And then they have insta hatches. It has nothing to do with your ... I don't even know what you are trying to prove there lol. It is like you are trying to argue I was wrong because I turned left instead of right on that loop because she was good and vs a good one you turn right always and that is why I got hit... It is just dumb. A good player would easly follow the aura and hatch after it ... I've seen Zub doing it countless of times it is just sad you said it yourself that you might be the "worst players on this game" if you run away every time BBQ is active. No wonder my rank 2 teamates are nowhere to be seen when things get spicy. The locker must be your favourite place right ?

• Frank_Sriracha

It's a very rare and expensive upgrade that trades effective uses for power. It doesn't propel Huntress into the god tier nor is it so powerful that most Huntress players use it. It's unfun to play against and is pretty niche all things considered, but it's just fine the way it is.

• Frank_Sriracha

A small, powerful projectile limited to one shot you can't cheese?

Only the worst survivor players think windows and pallets are safe. Change my mind

• LemeTheMeme
    LemeTheMeme Member Posts: 403

As a Huntress main, I agree. Iri hatchets aren’t fun. Easy slug, Easy downs, Easy wins with common game sense.

Most Huntresses addons need reworking IMO, some are way too niche, while some make her completely terrifying.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    edited December 2019

Please read my next comment before jumping to conclusions about why I think DCs can sometimes correlate to balance problems.

Edit: I wanna stress something that's mentioned in my quote above, "Not all DCs are an indicator for balance"

You have to use proper judgement on why a survivor or killer DCs.

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117
    edited December 2019

Yes, because cross maps are so easy. Funny how something you consider to not be difficult is pretty rare due to it being so easily countered. Secondly you can loop a Huntress. Yes, it is difficult. But there are so many objects and LOS blockers on many of the maps. Huntress gets absolutely ######### by maps like Coldwind. Also, are you actually complaining about BBQ? A perk that is entirely counter able?

Huntress is one of the few killers in this game that does take a good amount of skill to use.

• Ralph
    Ralph Member Posts: 9

If you had any interaction with that player any time before that, there's a good chance there were some things they did to help indicate skill; like watching how a survivor tries to dodge hatchets is a good indicator of skill a lot of the time. With that information, you get to have good expectations for how they're going to play and what decisions they're going to make going forward so you can make good reads and hit hatchets. Even if you didn't interact with her prior to that, or even see her, from that point on in the game you should never get hit by it because you know what shots that player is capable of achieving.

But yes, after playing 2500+ hours as Huntress alone, Iri Head is way too good and just leads to a guaranteed win. Hitting hatchets is what makes her so enjoyable for me, and Iri head requires less hatchets and gives me less hatchets. Going into a game knowing there's a zero percent chance of losing also makes it very boring and takes away all the fun for me and the survivors. Because if you're a decent Huntress, you're probably not going to lose a game with that addon.

My fantasy addon would be an addon that allows hatchets to ricochet once off of whatever it hits, outside of survivors. Because it's not OP right out of the gate, adds more depth to her power and requires playing differently to use it, but still outplayable. Key word is "fantasy".

• sk1913
    sk1913 Member Posts: 84

I agree IRIDESCENT HEAD is balanced. You play with it, I DC and play another match.

So far, so good.

• NVerde
    NVerde Member Posts: 264

I hadn't come across this add-on on the few weeks since starting this game until this week.

Survivors all started together, and three of them were instantly on the nearest gen - I went further away to find another one only to see the three on that first gen be downed one after another in under a minute. I couldn't understand how it could have happened so fast but I do now I know about the add-on and that you can have more than one with the belt add-on.

Although we lasted a bit longer, realistically the game was over in the first minute which was a bit annoying but as it's my first experience of it, I don't know if it's truly op or just me and my team need to git gud