Solo survivor, challenging?

Eveline
Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
Or I just suck at this game xD. I'm playing for a week and usually I'm rank 12-13. Managed to get to 11 one time. 

Can I get better with time or I'm gonna be stuck at the same rank forever? I know lots of people here say rank is not important but what else is there to achieve? I can just have fun and all that but I think I will be bummed If I don't reach rank 5 at least. Probably.

Comments

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Eveline said:
    Or I just suck at this game xD. I'm playing for a week and usually I'm rank 12-13. Managed to get to 11 one time. 

Can I get better with time or I'm gonna be stuck at the same rank forever? I know lots of people here say rank is not important but what else is there to achieve? I can just have fun and all that but I think I will be bummed If I don't reach rank 5 at least. Probably.
    Honestly ranking up in this game as survivor is a blessing and a curse. The better your rank the faster generators get done. At the same time though most players are less altruistic and more on the toxic side of the spectrum.

If that doesn't deter you though then I recommend the following tips:

- Wait until the Killer patrols past you before starting repairs. (Decreases odds you will be found first.)

- Watch Usslyis's pallet tutorial to master the art of looping. (If you want to get out alive jukes are recommended, though if you want to rush gens loop their brains out.) 

- Master skill checks for optimal gen repair speed.

- If less than 3 generators remain try to find totems. (If the killer uses NOED it'll counter gen rush.)

- Don't do anything you'd consider "toxic". ( If you don't teabag the killer then there's less chance they'll camp you.)
  • Eveline
    Thank you for the tips. :)

Btw I was thinking of buying halloween dlc for the infamous d-strike. I know it's hated but I see lots of people in lower ranks using it. Should I do it or not?
  • Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Eveline said:
    Thank you for the tips. :)

Btw I was thinking of buying halloween dlc for the infamous d-strike. I know it's hated but I see lots of people in lower ranks using it. Should I do it or not?
    It's up to you ultimately, there is a nerf for Decisive Strike coming down the road so keep that in mind.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Eveline said:

I am a rank 1 player, hardly playing the game nowadays since its going to #########.

Currently I am stuck at rank 15 because every 2nd game my mates DC and I depip. Its just a joke, but ont he other hand, I dont give a damn, collect a few cocktails for the skin and then switch to monster humter^^

• MasochistFreddyMain
    MasochistFreddyMain Member Posts: 42
    Eveline said:

You can make it. I’ve only been playing about 3 months. 1st month only played killer. Then started playing both roles about 60/40 (survivor/killer). 1st month made it to rank 10 survivor. This past month made it to rank 1 all solo queue. Just try to determine what you are doing wrong and work on it. I was that potato survivor that ran into the middle of an open field trying to get away from the killer for my first 20 games or so. Still can’t loop mainly play stealth and look out for myself unless the opportunity arises for safe saves. Once you learn how to use the emblem system you can pip easy enough most games, even if you are sacrificed. 
  • RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    edited August 2018

@Master said:

@Eveline said:

I am a rank 1 player, hardly playing the game nowadays since its going to #########.

Currently I am stuck at rank 15 because every 2nd game my mates DC and I depip. Its just a joke, but ont he other hand, I dont give a damn, collect a few cocktails for the skin and then switch to monster humter^^

The DCs in this game is crazy, worst than Smite...

If I'm being honest, only Decisive's (in Rank 1) typically DC, Ragequit, or SWF mass dc occurs. I don't see it happen, but I don't play SWF and solo players in this game aren't actually dicks for the most part.

but to the OP @Everline as rank isn't that important, I wish you good luck on your goal :P Gives you incentive to keep playing the game to reach something, atleast.

The only difference you'll come across the ranks are the skills of solo players and killers will increase, for the most part. (Not entirely.) If you want some survivor tips I'll throw you some :)

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    D strike is crutch, we survivors have so many advantages unless it's a nurse lol. Rank isn't what it used to be, now some of my friends who can't keep a killer busy are in top 5 ranks. Just be the best player you can be and you will for sure make it there at top rank. @Eveline
  • Chrona
    Chrona Member Posts: 245

@Brady said:

@Master said:

@Eveline said:

The DCs in this game is crazy, worst than Smite...

If I'm being honest, only Decisive's (in Rank 1) typically DC, Ragequit, or SWF mass dc occurs. I don't see it happen, but I don't play SWF and solo players in this game aren't actually dicks for the most part.

but to the OP @Everline as rank isn't that important, I wish you good luck on your goal :P Gives you incentive to keep playing the game to reach something, atleast.

The only difference you'll come across the ranks are the skills of solo players and killers will increase, for the most part. (Not entirely.) If you want some survivor tips I'll throw you some :)

DCs are honestly my biggest issue with this game.

I personally don't have TOO many issues with SWF...Occassionally I'll come up against some that are just a bunch of toxic waste, or are playing super hard, but most (me included) are just wanting to have a good time with a friend or two.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

No.

Survivors still have it easy.

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816

Do it, it’s a convenient perk to have ^_^

But killers will tunnel you more often if you use DS, even if you don’t have the benefit of DS anymore.

Everyone hates things in games they enjoy that will make it less easy for them to win. Especially if there is a ranking system. People who play survivor less often, or who simply prefer Killers may claim survivors have it easy because they don’t like losing. Same with survivors in reference to killers being OP. You see it on both side. Just have fun and don’t be a booger and you’ll be great

• Eveline
    Thanks everyone. You have been very helpful. :)
  • Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568
    Peasant said:
    Eveline said:

Honestly ranking up in this game as survivor is a blessing and a curse. The better your rank the faster generators get done. At the same time though most players are less altruistic and more on the toxic side of the spectrum.

If that doesn't deter you though then I recommend the following tips:

- Wait until the Killer patrols past you before starting repairs. (Decreases odds you will be found first.)

- Watch Usslyis's pallet tutorial to master the art of looping. (If you want to get out alive jukes are recommended, though if you want to rush gens loop their brains out.) 

- Master skill checks for optimal gen repair speed.

- If less than 3 generators remain try to find totems. (If the killer uses NOED it'll counter gen rush.)

- Don't do anything you'd consider "toxic". ( If you don't teabag the killer then there's less chance they'll camp you.)
    This is all very good advice, especially the bit about watching Usyllis. Not just the looping video, most of his guides are very good.

When I first started I was absolute crap on survivor. It took a while to get comfortable with being chased, and I still prefer losing the killer quickly if I can.