Depip penalization

So this has been a thing for a long time and it still bothers me. I had a ghostface disconnect a few minutes into a match, likely a connection issue but because we were in the match long enough to earn points I didnt earn enough points to reserve my pip and as a result dropped from rank 6 to rank 7. So why is it that if the killer dcs, regardless of why, is the survivor penalized? Our items are gone, offerings burned and we lose a pip. Will there ever be a fix for this?

Comments

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

If it makes you feel any better, survivfors disconnecting cause the killer to lose pips too. No hits, no hooks, no rehooks. Everyone gets massively punished for a disconnect.

• mmain
    mmain Member Posts: 430

Had a match earlier where the killer camped the first person they hung. While they were camping this person the rest of us knocked out 3 generators. The moment that 3rd generator got done the killer DC'd. I somehow lost a rank. Not sure how this happens, but there is something inherently broken about how the rank system works

• aGoodOldRub
    aGoodOldRub Member Posts: 267

This is why dc penalty will be good for the health of the game. These people who dc all the time will be banned for a long ass time all the time or learn not to dc but as long as they don't bring this dc penalty with counting people killing themselves on the hook as dc then yeah it is #########.

• Oshi
    Oshi Member Posts: 306
    edited December 2019

DC penalty do nothing. When i on hook see how 2 people is crouching in corner, not even do gens without ruin on map, i just suicide on first hook. I no want to waste time with potato teammates.

And still, i want to see killer's profiles before game start, because of already VAC banned players. Once cheater - always cheater. 

• Freddy_chan
    Freddy_chan Member Posts: 31

Imo if someone disconnects you should get points to emblems as if you were chasing them around for few mins and hooked them 3 times, cuz i can understand why i dont get bp for that, ofc, but why am i punished for surv dcing on first down, same when you are a survivor, it just doesnt make sense that everyone is punished for that xD

• See, I play both sides so I dont want this to be 100% one sided but if a survivor DCs the killer still has 3 other survivors to get points. But if the killer DCs, that's game because they're the host. Since I play on ps4 it already takes a while to get games but it sucks when I lose points because I didnt have the opportunity to earn them.

Being found first and camped sucks but this is about DCs. So I feel if you escape you should safety by default, if the killer DCs that should be safety. But alas.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,363

Happens both ways. This lot DCed within 15 seconds of the game starting, so obviously no emblem points for me. All I can say is hopefully once DC punishments kick in, you'll see less of it. A killer that wants to leave a match as soon as possible will just open the gates for survivors when the last gen pops instead of DCing.

• aGoodOldRub
    aGoodOldRub Member Posts: 267

That is the stupidest ######### I ever read. "Once cheater always cheater" you know most people cheat when they are kids and afterwards as they grow up learn cheating people sucks or even if they don't care I assume they will learn from permanent bans.

I did cheat 7 years ago and got vac banned on MW2 and never cheated afterwards so I assume your genius "Once cheater always cheater" theory doesn't work that way...

With your logic people never learn from their mistakes in life and if you believe that I got nothing to say tbh.

As you say "I no want to" see potato people talking stupid anymore. Lmao