The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

First Post: Iridescent head and another Ultra rare Huntress add-on

Roses
Roses Member Posts: 21
edited December 2019 in General Discussions

Hello all,

So I'm both a Killer and Survivor player but when I play killer, I tend to play Huntress. There's been lots of discussion about changes to Huntress Ultra Rare's and I have to agree that it can be super oppressive to play against Iridescent head as it is.

So. Here are two ideas for new pink add-on's for Huntress:

--------------------------------------------------

First: New Iridescent Head

-Survivors hit with a hatchet are afflicted with the broken status for 3 mins (time has been changing and prolly will again lol)

-Huntress now has only 3 hatchets

-------------------------------------------------

Current Iridescent head leaves survivors in the 'broken' status already because people are just being juggled around hooks till everyone dies. By changing it over to just the broken status, it gives people a warning that the Huntress has Iridescent head in play, a major problem with current Iridescent for survivors. The Huntress keeps insta-down potential because if a survivor gets away from her, the next time she finds them they will likely still be 'one shot' -able due to not being healed yet, the 3 mins is due to the need for a long enough cool-down for it to be meaningful but not too long to be unhealable, if it ends up too strong the time can change, but I think it would have to be a couple mins, to make it worth it. Lowing hatchet amount to 3 keeps the beginning of the game easier for huntress while still constricted slightly, and allows her to keep pressure throughout the game, amount can also be tweaked depending on strength. Finally, Huntress will be able to more embody her role as a hunter because everybody will be bleeding and she will be stalking her injured prey across the map. We also get to keep the lovely name: Iridescent head.

-----------------------------------------------

Second: Redwood Haft

-Huntress is no longer slowed while winding up a hatchet

-When the Huntress has fully wound up a hatchet all blood trails are much more visible

-----------------------------------------------

So this is a more 'Thematic' perk. Firstly, Redwood is the name of both her map and it's apparently one of the lightest woods so it works thematically as a non-slowing perk which I like. Secondly, as a Huntress, she has the ability to stalk her prey incredibly well, so by highlighting blood trails she will be more easily able to do that. Thirdly, this blends well with her other Ultra rare perk I recommended because people will be bleeding across the whole map which is nice. Removing her slow gives her much greater map pressure and compensates for her being a slower killer which is a great power up as an Ultra rare. It could be too strong as a perk so it could remove a single hatchet? I just want her to be able to use both without loosing all her hatchets.

----------------------------------------------

I thought of a third after posting

Third: Crimson Head

-Survivors hit with Crimson Hatchets are afflicted with the mending status (standard mend or be downed and terror radius situation applies)

----------------------------------------------

So this idea gives a very interesting change to standard huntress style, leaning into her ranged ability. Basically she'll want to throw hatchets at a range to hit survivors and then she can leave to go find other survivors while the mending survivor wastes time. She also can harass mending survivors into moving by throwing ranged hatches towards them while she is dealing with other survivors to either down them with the hatchet or force them to move thus cancelling out their mending progress.

As always, this is just a recommendation but I think they would be really fun changes, let me know what you think!

Post edited by Roses on

Comments