Huntress lullaby should be the norm for skill checks in general

I'm not gonna dig deep into the gen speed issue at high ranks since its discussed in plenty. IMO, main problem with gen speed comes down to 3 things.

1. How easy it is to hit skill checks, even with ruin. Boring as well.
  2. Huge, poorly designed maps and lack of fast mobility for most killers.
  3. SWF. Even the new kindred is amazing for effective coordination but I welcome it for obvious reasons.

Huntress lullaby is really strong at 5 tokens but being a hex doesn't stand long and yet poor ROI. Instead, a little less powerful version of it should be made passive so hitting a skill check would actually need full focus and fast reflexes. Even if not for all the skill checks, just the gens could be a good starting point. Let me know your thoughts on this but please refrain from generic non productive comments. Few examples below.

1. "but muh rank 20 friends won't be able to hit them and may..."
  2. "just apply more pressure lol".

Thanks.

Comments

• tetsuo
    tetsuo Member Posts: 151

I agree, the more objectives we get the better the games get

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719

no

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

The generic non productive comment of new players won't be able to hit them is a good point though

Experienced players won't care

The problem lies with the high ranking survivors, punishing new players to slightly inconvience the higher ranks is not worth it in the long run

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

but muh rank 20 friends won't be able to hit them and may...

• That's a couple examples, not a few

• Scorp721
    Scorp721 Member Posts: 47

I feel like a fully stacked lullaby is easier to hit than a 3/5. No sound is better than the longer offset to me. If a killer has lullaby and they're getting hooks at a decent pace I don't even bother searching for it I just wait for it to hit 5.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited December 2019

People would quickly adapt and learn to hit skillchecks anyway, especially experienced players (who I guess are your main target). Personally I don't think HL makes skillchecks harder, only a bit more fun, and I'm not the best "skillchecker" around.

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379

In my opinion I feel skill checks made when the killer is very near should be quiet not to the extreme as Huntress lullaby

But when a giant monster is near by you should naturally lose some concentration and it would make things much scarier