Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Plague is a really strong killer- Change my mind

I am currently rank 6, and plague is in my top 3 killers, I can easily get 3-4 sacrifices per match

When a dev said plague was the killer with the highest kills per match at high ranks I thought he was joking, now that I learned how to play as her I can guarantee she is indeed one of the strongest killers in the game

Since most survivors on high ranks won't cleanse you can detect easily when they work on gens, where they are when they try to stealth, and you can even tell where they are when slugged

She still needs some improvements regarding the hitboxes of her vomit but other then that she is really strong and I wish more people played with her

Comments

• Pennywise
    Pennywise Member Posts: 256

I've played her plenty, got her to P3 and in my view unless you have black incense she is weak. In theory it sounds great to have a full team that won't cleanse but it isn't as effective as having a killer that can expose the team like GF or Myers because the survivors will see your fountains at the start of the game and dedicate one or two good loopers to get your attention while they repair gens like crazy.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

I won't change your mind, I think she is a top 5 killer.

• bubbasbasementchest
    bubbasbasementchest Member Posts: 62
    edited December 2019

Absolutely she is top tier. I main Spirit, but am starting to use Plague more and more. The only time I struggle with her is on huge maps against smart survivors. Indoor maps, on the other hand, are almost always a quick and easy 4K. Another problem I have with her is how she can get looped pretty easily with the right set-up.

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

I'd agree with you if they gave her a sickness stage 3

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

She's top 5

• Yes. I definitely agree. She has a very powerful ability, with 2 ways the game tends to play out. No one cleanses and they are broken the entire game, or one person cleanses and everyone quickly tries to cleanse giving you all the corrupt purge you need.

The devs do need to make being sick more punishing tho, like maybe reduced action spees or something like that

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

Add-ons that allow her to use her machine gun once are strong, but survivors can dodge the bullet. Its about how good survivors are.

• Tisfine
    Tisfine Member Posts: 148

Killers are only as strong as survivors are stupid. With that said all killers are really strong recently since most of people plays like mashed potatoes. Solo Q my entire DBD life and this is the worst experience I had with Random Q and the easiest time I had with playing Killer. Only thing I would complain about is SWF because really those are the only people playing like their actual ranks.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,191

The only thing that doesn't allow me to play her is her blood point... it's painfully low

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

From my experience its her add-ons that make or break her. Its so easy to not cleanse at low/mid ranks and win vs Vommy Mommy and in high ranks I find cleansing much better. Its not difficult to break LOS when she has her power and often the chase ends up being long anyway. I have yet to face a Vommy Mommy at high ranks who can really keep good pressure without great add-ons.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited December 2019

It all depends how good the survivors are.

If they are good at looping and know how to do gens fast she's not that strong.

I wouldn't call any killer that requires survivors to play bad as strong.

A strong killer is one that can make plays themselves and doesn't rely on survivors mistakes to do so.

Post edited by Blueberry on
  • Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352

She seems really bad when the survivors run as soon as they hear the terror radius. I played a game on Pale Rose and got destroyed because I couldn't hit anyone since they all just ran to pretty safe areas away from the gens. Chasing them would let the other 3 survivors finish the gens, and not chasing them would allow them to slowly get them done anyway. M&A seem pretty necessary on her if that's a big counter to her power.

• LOA
    LOA Member Posts: 235

It's just too bad she doesn't get very many points for using her power and doesn't get credit for a hit when the puke makes someone broken, so her points are always off. She needs to be rebalance points-wise, because you can 4k with her and still only get a black pip.

• Umbrae_pk
    Umbrae_pk Member Posts: 482

Just because a killer gets looped doesn’t mean they’re weak -_- I mean, look at Billy, Freddy, Hag, etc....

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

Billy is kind of weak.

Hag simply doesn't get looped, if you're good with her.

Freddy can anti-loop every loop in the game, just like spirit. He got really good mobility available from every point of the map too.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

I enjoy her myself. The issue, though, is the large maps. Among other things. So what if the team is broken. One good loop or two and half the gens are done. If the team is halfway decent, they won't cleanse, and will be able to go through two or three loops before going down. Lot of time wasted. Unless you're using Incense, you really can't do much. Survivors hold most of the power against her. Good survivors, that is.

• I'm strongest playing as The Plague. She's a wonderful Killer and a lot of fun to play as, in my opinion! If you use her correctly, she can be really deadly.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Good at getting kills? Yes.

Good at ranking up?

• luka2211
    luka2211 Member Posts: 1,433

survivors staying injured,means they don't cleanse and don't have any other objective except unhooking their teammates so gens are the only thing they can do.Get to rank 1,play against all rank 1 survivors and then see what will you end up with.She is good,IF the survivors are bad but that works with every killer

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

I don’t really see how that’s an argument when most killers are able to be easily looped.

Nurse is the only one that can never be looped.

Spirit can deal with most loops. God windows are her weakness though. Hag more directly counters loops.

Freddy is still loopable. Just play the same way you would be Clown and throw the pallet early......zzzzz. Oh sorry I fell asleep, I get bored out of my mind with these two killers.

Huntress can negate some loops with her hatchets but a lot of loops she has to run like a normal killer.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913
    edited December 2019

Plague is stronger than players give her credit for. She’s just a strong as Huntress, but more reliable due to being 115% and not being gutted as harshly by map design. I put Plague at the #5 or #6 spot on a killer tier list. Probably the best “mid-tier” killer.

I’ve mained Plague since her release and I win the majority of matches with her. I rarely use add-ons. I don’t see how people claim she is add-on dependent. She’s really not.

She’s just terrible with pipping unless survivors give you Corrupt Purge.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

And yet Legion who can get in a simular situation (survivors not healing and all injured) is concidert the worst in the game

Makes you think if they are not better then people give them credit

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

If a killer is loopable and got not kind of anti-loop or stealth he's weak. Plague got oneshots after some time and anti-stealth. She's basically a doctor without anti-loop, but with oneshots.

• Jason_cx
    Jason_cx Member Posts: 21
    edited December 2019

Lmao last time I wrote a forum on a nerf idea for Plague I got attacked by a bunch of killer mains saying that Plague was mid-tier and a weak killer, can't really make up my mind about this killer.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

I love plague, I know a lot of killers don't like the "survivors controlling your power" thing but it's very satisfying to cause a team previously committed to staying broken to snap and start using the fountains. You can't afford to make mistakes though because survivors will do nothing but gens, which often happens anyway but is guaranteed on her. Also I've been getting a lot of survivors running resilience for the vault speed recently...

• wladimiiir
    wladimiiir Member Posts: 142

Exactly this. Many people find a killer weak when you don't get pip even if you get 4k. So it depends on your view of what strong killer means.

• Bjario
    Bjario Member Posts: 313

I find her quite good and fun to play as, but the problem is ofc her ability to rank up and the bloodpoints.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

She's easily bottom 5. Survivors have complete control over her power.

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640
    edited December 2019

whats the point of ranking up? once you got the achievement ranking up is something you shouldn't be allways aim to do

would you mind sharing which 5 are the bottom?

• Almo
    Almo Member, Dev Posts: 1,120

Yes, Plague is a strong Killer. I will not try to change your mind. :D

• Keene_Kills
    Keene_Kills Member Posts: 649

Low bloodpoints and heavily add-on dependent. Like her concept, strong when loaded, but never play her anymore for those reasons.

• PoisonN
    PoisonN Member Posts: 624

I think she has good qualities like: good tracking, 1 shot killer and she can counter a lot of perks and survivor add ons

But... Her power doesn't really help her during the chases

• Herman_CMH
    Herman_CMH Member Posts: 181

May I know if all the fountains are red (after cleanse) can the sick survivor still cleanse?

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

I run her at rank one without add ons. No issues getting easy 4ks.

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640

I think survivors are soo used to hillbillies and spirit that when they face a different killer they do not know how to play