The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Concede Option

I'm not sure why this is still an issue (especially during this BBQ event), but I'm still pretty annoyed by the Survivor players who stay longer than they should be in a trial AFTER the exit gates are opened. It's one thing if they possibly wanted to risk getting more points, but it's another if they're actively trying to spend 15+ more minutes in a match JUST to annoy a Killer. 
 Like I'll see all three other survivor get to leave and move on to the next game- or get simply STOP playing the game because they're done; Yet I have to sit/search for some time not even really playing at all. 
 We need more ways to counteract troll-play in DbD, because like all multiplayer games, it'll never go away.

Comments

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
    What if im still new to the game and have trouble locating even generators not to mention a hatch. :dizzy:

I bet its frustrating and I too as a survivor feel bad for it but I never prolong the game intentionally. I am just trying to be stealthy and escape. I don't want to be found if I'm the last survivor alive because chances are higher for me to die.
  • VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,213

I've had games where I had no clue where the exit gates were, so I just wandered aimlessly. And others where I did know, but I was moving so carefully so I wouldn't be found.

Just saying, like Eveline said, they may not be doing it intentionally. Sure, there are trolls who would do that, but sometimes they may just be lost.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    edited August 2018

@Eveline said:
    What if im still new to the game and have trouble locating even generators not to mention a hatch. :dizzy:

I bet its frustrating and I too as a survivor feel bad for it but I never prolong the game intentionally. I am just trying to be stealthy and escape. I don't want to be found if I'm the last survivor alive because chances are higher for me to die.

@VolantConch1719 said:
    I've had games where I had no clue where the exit gates were, so I just wandered aimlessly. And others where I did know, but I was moving so carefully so I wouldn't be found.

Just saying, like Eveline said, they may not be doing it intentionally. Sure, there are trolls who would do that, but sometimes they may just be lost.

It´s not about taking 3-4 minutes to find the gates, but to actively hide from the killer for 20, 30 or even 60 minutes. You are save, there is no problem with you taking a little longer.

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,213
    edited August 2018

Like I said, there are trolls who would do that. I believe that can be reported (not that it would matter) as holding the game hostage, right?

An hour is seriously ridiculous though. I'd probably just leave after 10 minutes (as Killer) in all honesty. If you clearly don't want to play, I won't let you (Actually, then I'd just stand still, let them waste their time while I do something productive.)

• TheTimeMachine
    TheTimeMachine Member Posts: 229

Like I said, there are trolls who would do that. I believe that can be reported (not that it would matter) as holding the game hostage, right?

An hour is seriously ridiculous though. I'd probably just leave after 10 minutes (as Killer) in all honesty. If you clearly don't want to play, I won't let you (Actually, then I'd just stand still, let them waste their time while I do something productive.)

I’ve gotten tired playing hide and seek for 20 minutes and decided to eat and come back to find out 20 minutes later some douchebag is AFK too at exit gate probably jacking off while staring at his TV. It’s not just “a little longer”, it’s matches longer than your average game of Risk! 
  • dadsspaghetti
    dadsspaghetti Member Posts: 6

I personally, take my time getting out of the escape gates solely because if I am the last one standing or the last to leave and I have been distracted to see where the gates were originally, I don't want to run the risk of being caught by the Killer when I'm so close to the end.