Why do you guys insist on taunting at the exit?

Vortexas
Vortexas Member Posts: 757
edited August 2018 in General Discussions

I just got a Three Kill from what should have been a Zero kill because Survivors got cocky.

Y U DO DIS?

Comments

• DepravedKiller
    DepravedKiller Member Posts: 182

As killer i don't mind this as when you hit the survivor out the gate you win the chase and get the hit bonus.

• GT_Legend2
    GT_Legend2 Member Posts: 845
    I view it as a submission for respect and skill, and I hate it when I save someone from a hook at end game with BT, only for them to T bag at the gate, makes me wish I could undo the save
  • BlindTwig
    BlindTwig Member Posts: 4

It's a question that'll never have a definitive answer, I suppose. They've all got different reasons. It's mostly for disrespecting a killer though, sadly. I hate seeing survivors doing that.

• jwentzel987
    jwentzel987 Member Posts: 150
    Some random did this early and got his ass killed. ######### idiots lol
  • Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

I don't usually mind T-bagging at the exit gates.

But when they do it during the main trial, that's when I start judging their character.

• IGutlessIWonder
    IGutlessIWonder Member Posts: 8
    can't stand tbaggers or taunts of any kind. It is funny that this is my biggest complaint of the game, I admit that. It's already a 4v1 disadvantage with third instead of first person view. U won, leave the game. the only time I wouldn't mind tbagging is if the killer was camping hooked survivors, then the killer deserves it.
  • fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161
    edited August 2018

Are we talking about them teabagging and pointing or just staying within the gates? Sometimes I'll stay in the gate just in case they want more points (from hits/etc.) or have a daily to get a certain kind of hit. I don't if they camped or tunneled, though. I know some survivors use teabagging to talk. Like when another survivor goes up to the survivor, they teabag to say hello or to say thank you.

• Fengminni
    Fengminni Member Posts: 99
    The intention behind t-bagging also depends on the rank I think or rather if the player was new. When I started playing DBD I did not know that t-bagging at the exit was a way of tauting the killer I just thought the survivors had a dance party lmao (yes I was that naive) and always joined in. Some use it to tell the killer to hurry up and hit them others try to brag about their victory. 
  • kiroblaka
    kiroblaka Member Posts: 9

I like it when they do that then try to escape when i have blood warden active its so funny

• JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750

They are like little children, they are still learning a lot and everytime they (just) made it they are more than happy to show you by doing their little dance with which they pretty much want to say ''Look daddy/mommy, I escaped!''.

• RenAndStimpak
    RenAndStimpak Member Posts: 5
    Fengminni said:
    The intention behind t-bagging also depends on the rank I think or rather if the player was new. When I started playing DBD I did not know that t-bagging at the exit was a way of tauting the killer I just thought the survivors had a dance party lmao (yes I was that naive) and always joined in. Some use it to tell the killer to hurry up and hit them others try to brag about their victory. 

That happened to me within the first handful of games, I was at the exit gate with one other guy and after healing, I crouched and the guy smashed the crouch button making it look like a dance party. Me as a baby survivor happily joined in, we barely escaped from the killer :p
    Although sometimes I'm not sure if it's really not just survivors interacting? Everyone's always reading too much into everything in this game lol
    Sometimes I just hang out at the gate waiting for other survivors, it's just nice escaping together.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Little kids see all the advertisment, buy X to make your penis grow larger.
    Too bad that they dont have enough money, but at least they can tbagg in DBD to get a bigger E-penis :wink:

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

Usually to pull killer off hatch or away from a survivors who may be in a precarious position if caught. If its all of them then likely free hits out of respect if tea bagging is involved they want a reaction because the game before they got face-camped or were screwed in some way that they feel taunting a different killer makes everything even. People are illogical and shortsighted.

• BLUE_APE
    BLUE_APE Member Posts: 282

Heck if I know, maybe people are just jerks and some feel like they earned it

I don't do that really to be honest, If I get the gates open, I either leave or wait to make sure no one else is caught. (because my purpose is focused on being the escape goat)

• BLUE_APE
    BLUE_APE Member Posts: 282

Heck if I know, maybe people are just jerks and some feel like they earned it

I don't do that really to be honest, If I get the gates open, I either leave or wait to make sure no one else is caught. (because my purpose is focused on being the escape goat)

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

So they can believe they have a reason to complain about you, the game being broken, the killer you were playing being OP, etc...

• iceman2kx
    iceman2kx Member Posts: 462

Honestly I don't know why this bothers everyone so much. I only play killer and survivors tea bag me all the time. It's not like they are personally attacking you, it's them spamming a button on their keyboard. Not only that, it's not like they can stop and send you a /tell in game, it's the only means of communication lol. They tea bag each other for "thank you" or "heal me" too. If this bothers you, then the Internet must be a terrifying place to be in.

I don't mind it. It gives me the opportunity to get extra points or sometimes even an extra kill. I've had survivors tea bag me and body block each other at the exit so I could get an extra kill. It's hilarious when that happens and so satisfying. It's like your childhood story, "the turtle and the hare" applied in a video game. People that automatically leave the game always win, but sometimes the cocky survivor's action catch up to them and it's awesome.

• Rtdib2
    Rtdib2 Member Posts: 22

@Fengminni said:

You're not the only one that was that naive lol.

• AzazelAxios
    AzazelAxios Member Posts: 51
    And to think this entire time it was lag or something lol. 
  • AzazelAxios
    AzazelAxios Member Posts: 51
    And to think this entire time it was lag or something lol. 
  • It’s the same reason crap killers taunt survivors on hook at red ranks, they lack skill and if they get a 1k they think they are the best killer in the world when I’m reality they suck

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

I actually do it to give the killer some more blood points. I feel bad if we finish too fast.

• hocrux
    hocrux Member Posts: 212

It's kinda warranted if the killer/tunnel/camps etc if you do so, players sometime feel compelled to taunt, so if you do tend to play scummy, ensure the kills and don't complain how survivor will react, other then that usually swf tend to try to be toxic, i had some decent swf who waited at the exit for the free hits and downs

• Orionbash
    Orionbash Member Posts: 765

To be fair, you did try to kill them and deny them of: points, pips, etc...

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

IDK if what you're talking about is completely different from what I'm about to say, but some people (including myself when I play survivor) want to just let the killer have a free hit before the game ends/the survivor escapes, almost like one last farewell kiss. I don't find that very toxic, just trying to give people a little boost in bloodpoints.

Plus the end game collapse exists now so worst case scenario if you for some reason want the game to end but don't feel like chasing the survivors out the gate, you could just let the 2 minutes pass by.

• ppo8820
    ppo8820 Member Posts: 763

It’s their way lol. If I know they’re in the exit tunnel I won’t even go over just to deny them the satisfaction. It drives them nuts. Lol

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

This was an oldie from a good person.

• Joao_Bandicoot
    Joao_Bandicoot Member Posts: 286

So I'm not the only one who saw it too. I don't get it some old discussions just appeared on the first pages of General Discussions.

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994

Only thing that is worse than a bad loser is a bad winner. Never t-bagged a killer at the exit gates, except when he camped / tunneled the whole game.

• ImmortalReaver
    ImmortalReaver Member Posts: 243

So you only give them the middle finger when they're just playing the game normally? Seems legit.

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889

Kinda surprised a mod didn't pop in and lock this down yet.

• Lofepramine
    Lofepramine Member Posts: 174

I've never done it. The only time I stay at the exit gate is to see if someone needs a late save. And if the killer gets near, I just run out the gate, sometimes allow him to hit me, other times I just stay still to offer him a kill if he got no hooks during the game.

Never understood the need for t-bag, at the exit gates or anywhere else.

• Mystix
    Mystix Member Posts: 77

I actually 100% agree with @Peasant They have no skill whatsoever so they try and make themselves look Pro when actually they are just embrassing themselves, It takes a good killer to not camp and do there job but people think that it is all about kills when it actually isn't, Hence the Teabag if you don't get any kills, It is annoying and pathetic really but let kids be kids :)

• Elvenmonk
    Elvenmonk Member Posts: 367

I remember when people were tyring to tell me it was a sign of respect. Nah.

• Steve0333
    Steve0333 Member Posts: 529

Teabagging at the exit gates should be reserved only for killers that play trashy (hard tunneling, facecamping or using an ebony mori.)

By hard tunneling I dont mean downing the same survivor twice, there are scenarios where that will happen and the killer isn't necessary trying to go after the same survivor. By hard tunneling I mean completely ignoring every other survivor just to make one survivors experience miserable. Those killers deserve a good tea bagging.

• Spirit_Hag
    Spirit_Hag Member Posts: 168

i do it because im Jane and it looks funny when she teabags. She looks like a stripper working for bloodpoints haha

• Infinity_Bored
    Infinity_Bored Member Posts: 445
    edited January 2020

deleted