The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I am only matched with browns no matter my rank

VoodooChild
VoodooChild Member Posts: 319
edited January 2020 in General Discussions

I decide to edit this post because people were just reading the title, which said I should be purple but im bout to be rank 16. Even tho im not I actually haven't even gotten out of green it was hyperbole but also wasn't really clear and would be especially unclear if you didn't read the post.

but yeah purple and green but still only matched with all browns and yellows. Theres really not even much to say if im just stating the facts. I know I can easily pip, a lot of people kept telling me about that but that wasnt my problem, I just want to play the game normally instead of running the baby killer around every game but uh...yeah. Hindsight is 2020. Like 1000 people read this ######### lol. How bout them cowboys tho?

Post edited by VoodooChild on

Comments

• pumkinnuts
    pumkinnuts Member Posts: 2

If your skill rank doesn't correlate to your color why are you bashing everyone else's ranking?

• Pookerton
    Pookerton Member Posts: 4

You are being pretty aggressive and antagonistic. No one was bad mouthing you. I am sorry your perception is that what is happening. I do agree with some of the other people. If you are unhappy with your ranking, just focus on pipping which does not equal survival. Yes, you are going to get some matchmaking mistakes. We all get that. But I do not believe without evidence that you get browns every single time. It statistically doesn't work with the current MMR.

• VoodooChild

That's what I said, I knew you were a killer main because you were basically saying "Well thats a good thing for me but hey just do gens and totems!"

Which, 1 is most def ######### talking (told me to do a gen and run borrowed time, ######### please), but 2 also means you didn't even read my post. I dont think you even read my reply because I was calling you out for your partisanship and you replied with "Im a killer main" lol

Btw you SHOULD play survivor. I was kind of an ######### to survivors (like most killers on here from what I can see) but after playing a lot of survivor I realized how dumb that was and also got even better at killer because I know exactly what people are gonna do now. I know youre making the excuse of the lobby times but be fr. I wait 10 minutes for killer lol

Actually now that I think about it since I started getting paired with just browns my lobby times for survivor are always under a minute, so silver lining

• pumkinnuts
    pumkinnuts Member Posts: 2

You aint a killer I'd be worried about either. I usually trash low rank killers, although I try to be nice and give them a hook or two if it looks like we could finish a gen rush before they even find or catch the first survivor.

I play both. I rank up both. If you can't adjust your play style based on the SKILL of your teammates or the survivor group you are up against, that means you are lacking a certain level of skill yourself. Maybe play more?

My teammates are always more dangerous than the killer.

• *Loops killer for like 3 minutes before finally going down* Oh well, I am sure some gens are finally ready to pop right?....

*Gets hooked and sees one person crouched in a corner, someone else is in a locker or something somewhere, and someone else is self caring slowly in a bush* Fffff.....

• Nonfunctional
    Nonfunctional Member Posts: 70

Solo survivor. You don't need to live to pip. You need to do a gen, get a hook rescue and maybe do a totem or half a half decent chase. Your teammates and the killer are really going to struggle to stop that from happening or at the very least a safety pip so of you're going down then no you really shouldn't be purple.

• VoodooChild

Ok real question because you like the 5th person to do this, why do you reply if you dont read the post?

I know you didn't because youre acting like i said "Im a ######### god, all my teammates are dumb i should be purple!" When in reality i said i already was purple, currently green and no matter what color i am im only matched with browns, killer included.

I really dont get the thought process because its not just this post, i see people fighting all the time on posts that it really looks like they only read the title

• VoodooChild

The 2 main people i see are those that are really scared of the killer and those who will just farm each other (or me) off the hook until the games over. I also dont normally have chases that last that long because if i start looping the killer will often just walk away after a while lol. Makes me look like an ######### really

• Nonfunctional

I read your post, but the first point you make (In your title) is that you should be purple. And no, sorry you shouldn't be. I don't know if you got carried there by a SWF or something originally but pipping at your current level should be the easiest thing to do for a purple rank survivor regardless of what rank your teammates or the killer are. You can sneeze on a pallet and pip at 16.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

Rank doesn't matter. BHVR doesn't care about it, and neither should you.

• PistolTimb
    PistolTimb Member Posts: 1,413

Alright, I'm gonna ignore this post now. Hope you find what you're looking for! Cheers.

• VoodooChild

You go ahead but im serious, play survivor.

Didn't read my post so refer to below

No you didnt. You just said you were replying to "The first point" i was making...it wasn't a point. Then you got mad i called you out and told me i was boosted, then went on to say that anyone can get high ranks (Which is true, in all reality im probably not going belong green, didn't realize people wouldn't read the post)

But mans not care about all that. Im just really curious as to why so many people on here just read the title and comment without looking at the post. Guy above seems to have done the same thing. Its not just you, its not just this post its the whole fourm lol

• PistolTimb

I do play survivor, a lot. I'm just not a survivor main because I don't like sitting in queues for 5+ minutes. Killers gets matches in less than 10 seconds so I play that role more.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

Hello there

Just rank up, you dont need your teammates to get something done. If you are not an expert in looping the Killer, play passive.

At your rank as a survivor it is enough to do 2 Gens and 2 safe unhooks plus heals and then die to get +1 even (if you can run the killer just a little bit so you get silber).

Perks that help you A LOT especiall on your rank (and probably on any ranks)

Kindred

Bond

Spine Chill

Iron Will

• Nonfunctional

Firstly not mad. Not sure what you took from my post that portrayed anger but if it was something I said, unintentional.

Secondly as much as you want to think I didn't read your post, I did. I have to admit I lost interest after you blamed the rift challenges for your loss of rank (Survivor ones are so easy, basically equip a new perk then play the same game you always do) but then got back into at the end for the complaint about broken matchmaking which everyone is aware of at this point.

• VoodooChild

Hey if thats true thats great, but your attitude to me when you didn't know i was a kille main was pretty out of pocket and you also literally said you barely play survivor.

I mean do whats fun but remember this a game, i swear some people get real political with this whole killer vs survivor thing lol

• VoodooChild

I AM PURPLE. RED KILLER.

Honestly you did the exact same thing the people trash talking did by not reading my post but at least you were positive about it lol

TBH tho bad advice, i wouldn't recommend iron will or even bond to low rank survivors because youre going to have to level up for both anyway, you might as well go for deadhard or sprint burst (which i know are harder to use properly but i mean you gonna learn sometimes.) Then again i was red rank as killer before i even touched survivor and had a basic understanding of perks going in so maybe not.

I finished the challenges except for dark sense. I get the feeling since you took what i said about survivor challenges out of context you probably haven't so instead of explaining how the healing challenges or the blinding challenges do not help the team imma just flex.

Even more reason to flex because you ended your post with "Everyone knows the matchmaking is broken" which is very different from what you were saying before so ig you just read my post, thank you thats all i ask

• PistolTimb
    edited December 2019

You're really confusing me. I'm not sure why you thought I had an attitude. I was expressing that ranking up as survivor, especially at the rank you find yourself, is very manageable. None of use were getting "political" Or being general ######### toward you. I only mentioned being a killer main because I'm a rank 1 survivor, so i know how easy it is to rank up (not that those ranks even mean anything anymore). It seems to me this was just a huge misunderstanding. More people should play both roles, not take sides like it's high school.

• Nonfunctional
    edited December 2019

Survivor challenges are well and truly done champ including dark sense as a solo. And I was away for the first week of of the 4th rift so flex all you want. They are easy and even if you get one that is moderately difficult there is no reason to depip while doing it.

Just enjoy your time with the brown rank killers. We'll keep the red rank killers (that you definitely aren't) company in your permanent absence.

• VoodooChild

Ohhhhh you mad but you opened the door for the hardest flex. Red rank killer. All killer challenges, over half the killer adapt achievements. And yeah, im fairly new started playing a little after ghostface and right before bill came out so i did it the hard way.

Go ahead, you capping about the survivor challenges so lets hear some more. I KNOW you at least got adapt Clown

That was a joke. I know you dont have it im making a joke about you being a clown. Not like a literal clown but someone whos goofy. Im trying to explain this as thoroughly as i can because i dont want to have to waste time explaining to you that i wasn't being literal. Maybe google "Clown meme" if you still dont got it. There may be pictures of actual clowns, but again i know you are not literally a clown its simply joke, comparing you to a clown. I took it a step deeper by linking it to the adapt clown achievement, because the killer "Clown" is a literal clown.....please tell me youre following because its actually hilarious and i want you to understand it was a god teir burn. This over explanation assuming you have no idea what im talking about btw, meta burn

• Nonfunctional

You're a rank 10 spirit main at best. Probably 13 after the nerf. But it's cool man, live your dream life in the forums. No one will know. It will just be our little secret.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

Long queues are why I don't play killer as much. Instant as survivor, 5-10 mins as killer. :/

• PistolTimb
    edited December 2019
  • Nonfunctional

Gangsta, running with the OGs like Vanilla Ice. Real hard dudes!

• xEa

Well, i gave you the advice to rank up so you get better teammates. Whats wrong with that? The Perks i recommanded you are perfect for that purpose, i did this with "Elo Hell" people before, and everyone instantly ranked up with no problemo. You will be at purple and higher in no time, and while the current matchmaking problem still excists, it wont bother you anymore.

Also, DH to a new player? Are you joking with that one? If it has to be an exhaustion perk, the best one is by far Lithe.

• VoodooChild

Red rank Ghostface/Myers main actually. Youre really bad at insulting since i think spirit is probably the hardest killer to use save Nurse, and if you were just saying it because shes also one of the strongest….why not say nurse? Exactly silly now back to making you look dumb

Adapt Ghostface, Myers, Demo, Spirit, Oni, Demo, Trapper, Wraith, Doctor, Freddy, Clown, and Legion. How many you got again? Oh none....well how many killer challenges you got done?....oh. Damn its almost like you dont play killer at all, probably why you made the weird insult about being a spirit main. Also probably why you dont want to talk about it and instead coming with them them weak ass insults and racism like its gonna hurt my feelings or something lol

Deadhard is not that hard to use, its probably the hardest but even if you dont use to dodge a hit you can use it for distance to a pallet or window which would be more useful than bond or iron will, plus again you gotta learn sometime. But before i even really touched survivor i played killer so i already understood most perks, so maybe it wouldn't be the best for new survivors.....but i really dont think most people would have a hard time grasping it.

Also i was referring to the fact that you didn't read my post, made more apparent by the fact that youre telling me i can get purple, when i started getting matched will all browns and yellows i was purple. The issue isn't my rank its everyone elses

• TheDiz
    TheDiz Member Posts: 243

I float around ranks 4-6 as survivor and I've gotten on some teams that everyone is ranked 15-18 and it does get frustrating that I seem to end up being chased for so long that by the time I get hooked 3 gens are done and the killer just hangs out around me. But it doesn't even matter because I can see everyone's aura just doing gens and then bailing on me from the other side of the map. You know something is up when you die first and have way more bloodpoints than anyone else, lol.

• TruEternity
    TruEternity Member Posts: 320

This has been an entertaining read, thank you to all involved.

Also, rank doesn’t mean #########, once you know how the emblem system works, it’s easy to pip, if that’s your goal. Most people can get to red ranks, it’s not hard.

• VoodooChild

I luckily dont run into people who leave me hanging too often...but I also dont always run into who do gens at all. And the game I just had they were rank 20 to 15, so its not like I can even hold it against them. Especially with it being on gamepass a lot of people use this as a party game which is completely fine, great even different people can enjoy it in different ways....but I want to be woth my people lol

Are you saying that because you play her or because youre a survivor main who goes against her? Keep in mind youre saying spirit is easier than Legion. Easier than Clown, myers, hag trapper, freddy, Bubba, Wraith, Ghostface ect all of the killers who powers are extremely straight forward And yeah sure Legion and Clown and bubba all suck but actually playing them and using there power, according to you, is harder than Spirit

• Nonfunctional

Racism?

Are you ok buddy?

Also I have no clue which adepts I've done. I'd have to be on my PC to check. There are what 121 achieve in the game? I think I have 102. But telling you which 19 I don't have would be a stretch. I do know a lot of the 19 not done are survivor adepts because I only play Dwight.

I play 50/50 Survivor and Killer. Probably close to 40/60 because of the matchmaking ATM.

I actually know who you are buddy. Your steam profile is like 26 pages of comments just like these. The ones that you think are truly roasting people but just miss the mark every time. But you know what dude. I'm going to give you this one. Because it's clear you don't have much else.

Cya next game maybe next time you play survivor you can cry at Exotic for tunneling you again :P

Keep it greasy Nobel

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Okay legion, meyers, clown, bubba, and wraith are the killers easier than her. Happy now?

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,692

I came here to read a comment the OP tagged me in, but it was deleted.

I'm sure it was polite and well-meaning.

• xEa

Recommending a new DbD player a perk like DH is like recommending a new chess player the najdorf variation of the sicilian defense when he is not even able to find check mates in 2. Its like puting the candles in the eggs first when you want to bake a birthday cake. You expect way to much of those people and a perk like this would completly overwhelm them. There will be the time they will learn this, but defniitly not when you are on a "brown skill level".

I absolutly read your posting, and i see the issue. It is known that the matchmaking right now is (again) not working fine for some reason. The only thing you can do now is to get out of green, thats it... unfortunatly. And there is for a solo player no better way to do so then i have described to you.

• VoodooChild

Ok ignoring the racism, lying about achievements, lying about playing 50/50 are all really good targets but the best one of all......is you got me. Yes you nonfunctional member of society you found my steam account. Yes I am a PC gamer, I belong to the master race.

As im typing this out I realize based off of how you type and your name.....I may be a real ######### right now lol. Look I dont know you or your mental situation but just remember to you are on a computer talking to a stranger about a video game. One of the things I love about the horror community is how open it is, special needs or whatever doesn't matter. Like fr I mean that

THAT said no matter who you are you shouldn't be talking to people who make you feel bad on the internet lol

• VoodooChild

It actually was but apparently I used bad language lol. I think its because I used a word my people often use, maybe we shouldn't but it really offends the other tribes, even tho it wasn't censored so....ok. Might of been because I used the F word too many times even tho it was censored, but I specifically used it like 10 times to someone who said I was being "Aggressive" for using it, showing them it was censored anyway. IDK the chick (Mandytalks) who gave me a waning just ignored me when I asked what it was but, before here I used reddit (reading not posting, this my first time really being in the community) so I already knew like 2 mods on here from posts there...imma give her the benefit of the doubt tho, ive been using this for awhile and haven't had no problems with the mods yet....except for just then. If the stories are as bad as they say and imma get banned just for mentioning her name in a non positive light, man I dont think I need to be on this anyway lol.

Maybe youre right, I really dont feel like its that complicated but then again when I first started playing the game I thought unrelenting was a really good perk and didn't understand no ed. I got to know the survivor perks from the killer side so I didn't really jump in blind like that on the survivor side. Lithe is probably the best choice for noobs you right, but I would still argue that learning to use dead hard early wouldn't be a bad idea

• PistolTimb

You call him a greasy no-life when you're the grease ball digging through his steam account... You're a complete hypocrite my man. This thread is gonna be locked soon. Nice chatting with everyone.

• OldManGloom
    OldManGloom Member Posts: 51

This was a weird post to read on the toilet

• FJSJ_Lunar
    FJSJ_Lunar Member Posts: 230

Isn't it impossible to de rank past 15

• VoodooChild

Same with you man nice meeting you lol

Also I play on xbox. Video games and horror both are very open to people who normally wouldn't be accepted in too much, including those with mental "issues". I get ignorant sometimes but I really do try not to push those people out of something they love because you dont know what else they got going on you know? Even if they are ######### you dont know what they can contorl, If you feel what im trying to say

• VoodooChild

I thought it was 16, im not close either way it was hyperbole and very obviously the wrong time to use it since people got pissed and didn't even bother reading the actual post

• ImmortalReaver
    ImmortalReaver Member Posts: 243

No excuses. To threw games going for challenges and ruined the experience for your team mates as well.

• DanteMorello
    DanteMorello Member Posts: 142

I SHOULD EARN A BILLION EUROS A MONTH, BUT IT IS OTHER PEOPLE'S FAULT THAT I AM NOT!1!111!!!

YOU ARE ALL HOLDING ME BACK!!!

• VoodooChild

Just by your reply I can tell you've had this happen to you a bunch....because a lot of the challenges are stupid and you have to specifically chose to do it, one at a time.

If my challenge is to do gens imma do gens. If its to heal myself, im not going to let anyone heal me. If its took heal so many states in 1 game idgaf about escaping I want you to get hit so i can heal you so I can get this challenge done. Ive thrown killer games doing the same thing.

That's the game, if all the challenges were active an once it wouldn't be problem. But I didn't make decision so dont take it out on me

• VoodooChild

You know I had a reply saying something very similar, it was mocking what people would get if they just read the title and none of the post.

Now you could type some bullshit about how you did read but only wanted to reply to the title (What the last guy said) or you can realize what youre doing is pretty dumb, and not reply to ######### you dont read. Cuz how tf you care enough to reply to something you didn't read.....I dont even reply to most ######### I do read and have an opinion about