So I Tried Solo Survivor...

It was awful. First game got tunneled then mori'd. Second game got tunneled. Solo survivors can't even power through Ruin. Back to swf and killer for me.

Comments

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,970

I never play in swf but I understand why people do it teammates make your brain hurt sometimes

• Nonfunctional
    Nonfunctional Member Posts: 70

I rarely SWF.

You are right about the ruin issue. I bring detectives to counter that.

I find that a different perk set up and play style is required when changing between the two.

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250

Sorry you had poor matches. Def stick to swf if that is what makes the game fun!

I do much better as a solo survivor and find games are easier. Plus the killers I go against know what they are doing so they are less inclined to camp and tunnel.

Solo or swf working through Ruin is DBD 101 lol.

• bangbison
    bangbison Member Posts: 104

I don’t have friends to play with so I solo always. Only swf if someone invites in lobby. But I alway do worse with swf. I can’t hear game over chat, and I usually play with one good person and their bad friends. Never get a chance to get a good play and when we do someone ######### it up. Solo is the way to go. Yeah, randoms can suck, but if you get good at not relying on your team, then it’s okay. I like being the decent random teammate. Yeah, ruin takes some time to get a hang of. And they ######### up the skill checks recently. I feel like the greats are even smaller to hit. you have to be a little risky and hit it early still, but now you have less of a window for the great. PS4 btw.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

I play solo all day for survivor archives challenges to get the last Claudettes note and it is ok.

• LOA
    LOA Member Posts: 235

I always play solo. I am just about always in the red ranks. You have to have a completely different mindset when you do it. You are truly on your own and must do your best to claim as many points from the 4 different emblems as you can. Half the time you play solo in the red ranks, maybe even more like 75% of the time, you are the third wheel to a 3 man SWFs group, so they are usually just interested in themselves.

Biggest upside though, it makes you a much better survivor to play solo for a good while. You have to take care of yourself and learn how to truly survive instead of having 2 or 3 buddies talking to you the whole time and helping out. Not that that is a bad way to play! It makes it tough as hell on the Killer, but SWF is probably keeping this game alive.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Oof that matchmaking. I got it done in solo queue as well but it took a really bad Freddy versus my teammates who did all the dull totems.

• cipherbay_
    cipherbay_ Member Posts: 379

I always play solo and I escape around 40% of the time.

• andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940

Just ran piggy around swamp map twice with only 1 gen was needed as I sat on hook then died they had a key and were just waiting to bob when they left...

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

I played like 5 matches as solo from a very long break. All escaped though. 🥰

It's not really awful for me.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

I've had survivors do that to me. Had one who kept baiting the killer to a locker I was hiding in, just so their little SwF group could use the hatch. Killer ended up killing all 3 of them and letting me go free. Karma is sweet at times!

• hocrux
    hocrux Member Posts: 212

Yeah solo ques are the worst and i never swf, best thing to do is to use bond to gauge your teammates performance, if you see someone being immersed and not being usefull, take note and when being chase, lead the killer toward them🤫. And let them get chase while you do objectives

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,111

Welcome to how survivor is meant to be played. It's why they need to bridge the gap between SWF and solo.

• XGhostNova226X
    XGhostNova226X Member Posts: 8

Solo survivor is terrible. One of the last games I had, we had 1 gen left and me another person were left. And nobody did anything. What eventually happened was the guy tried to get me killed but got himself killed in the end and I escaped. It shows that people on solo survivor only care about surviving and not about the team.

• Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568

Last night I spectated a match after I died with 1 gen left. The guy i was SWFed with ran the killer for a good 3 minutes while the solo was walking around the map looking for the hatch. Both of us in the SWF ended the match with max Boldness. I had max Objective, he had max Altruism, and we both pipped with around 22kbp. The solo died with around 10kbp and complained about how "this team sucked" in the after game chat.

• Revansith
    Revansith Member Posts: 367

Its a question of how to play as a team. The killer spends all his time trying to hook me, or camps my ass on the hook, the other three escape. My work is done.

• justaSpirit_phase
    justaSpirit_phase Member Posts: 142

Lol what’s swf? Never heard of her