A Balanced New Survivor Idea

Colton147
Colton147 Member Posts: 523
edited December 2019 in Creations

As the title says...

As there is no survivor dedicated to the LGBT, I felt like there should be a gay survivor. As a side note, I am not good at writing backstories.

Name: Brady Xander

Description: Brady during high school was very caring , athletic, and protective to his fellow peers, and now as an adult, he believes in helping and caring for others.

Perks:

"In This Together": When near a same-sex survivor within 32/36/40 meters, both you and the survivor walk 50% faster.

"Distraction": When near a same-sex survivor being chased by a killer within 64/96/128 meters, your encourage the same-sex survivor to break into a sprint at 150% of their normal running speed for 5 seconds and revealing your aura to the survivor for 10 seconds. Distraction has a cooldown of 80/70/60 seconds and causes exhaustion to yourself (but not your ally)

"Never Gonna Give You Up": When a same-sex survivor is hooked by the killer, you leave no scratch marks for 10/20/30 seconds and sprint at 150% of your normal running speed for 10 seconds; NGGYU has a cooldown of 60 seconds. NGGYU does not cause exhaustion.

Comments

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,216

Haven't BHVR already confirmed that at least one of their characters is gay? Or am I going crazy again?

And then there's a major issue with your perks. Are we talking biological sex? In that case, you pretty much completely alienate transgenders. Are we talking psychological (not sure if that's the right word) sex? In that case, literal hordes of complaints will come in because their favorite character is trans (or not trans, works both ways).

I like the concept, but it could never work.

• TheMonadoBoi
    TheMonadoBoi Member Posts: 346

I like the idea of inclusion and I think they should have an openly LGBT+ character, but having perks based on sex/gender creates a bunch of balance issues.

• Tisfine
    Tisfine Member Posts: 148

Is there a Perk where the Entity punishes the killer for hurting the Gay character?

• Poochkips
    Poochkips Member Posts: 265

This is gonna turn into a warfield.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

Guys he just did it again. Did somebody hear that? GUYS!!!

• Acesthetiic
    Acesthetiic Member Posts: 1,077

Or... maybe no one is identified as any sexuality? And anyone can decide who a certain person is, so there isn’t any controversy (as in, people disagreeing about a cannon -if it were to happen- characters sexuality, which this game doesn’t need). I see a lot of people shipping certain characters and telling stories about their sexuality, whether it’s straight, gay, lesbian, etc. People use their imagination and they’re free to think what they want, which is what it should be.

I’m not sure why you bring up these, “same sex” perk ideas? If the devs were to create a cannon gay survivor, it would only be their backstory, not their perks. Luckily for everyone, I’m pretty sure no one has a cannon sexuality as a survivor.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

The sexuality of every survivor will always be whatever the player deems it. Survivors are skins. These perks are poorly designed btw.

ITT: Fixated but encourages multiple survivors to walk around doing nothing. This one would get a pass if it didn't have that ridiculous same sex requirement. I'll just inform you sex related perks will never be a thing right now.

Distraction: All survivors can now break into a sprint without becoming Exhausted if everyone runs this perk. Yeah, no.

NGGYU: You break into a sprint without becoming Exhausted. Do I have to say anything?

Yui brought enough SJW stuff to dbd imo. If people want representation in dbd, they already have it.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

What about Nancy?

On a serious note: I completely agree. Dbd is not just the entity's playground but also the players' if they're into lore and all that.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

First, the perks are broken.

Second, we already went through this. A little search will show you not many like sexuality being included in a game which has nothing to do with that.

• Primalux135
    Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045

Definetely devs not gonna add it. They doesn't add gore nor childs and won't add anything related with sex stuff.they won't add a homo survivor I'm not homophobic but It wouldn't surprise me that some parents say that my child is gay cuz DBD hahahaha 🤣

• T2K
    T2K Member Posts: 635

Lol wth

Im totally against this. You can celebrate your LGBT everywhere but leave video games alone pls.

• NightmareReborn
    NightmareReborn Member Posts: 810

The devs have already confirmed one of the characters to not be heterosexual.

Also, this sort of seems like forced diversity, and creating perks around it would be... unnecessary and probably pretty difficult.

I'm not homophobic in anyway, but when it comes to characters' sexuality, just don't mention it (life BHVR has done in the past).

• Tohmo
    Tohmo Member Posts: 248

The idea of gender affecting characters is not a new one, but I don't feel it has a place in DBD. There's already so much RNG in the game as it is, I don't want my perks to just plain not work because the survivors are a different gender than I wanted.

• tekkersqt
    tekkersqt Member Posts: 25
    edited December 2019

Lol dude you call this balanced? Why every perk is about being faster? Sorry but very ######### idea.