Am I the only one that hasnt finished the rift?

Options
2»

Comments

• w_sohl
    w_sohl Member Posts: 124
    Options

Well, there are a lot of people who don't play the game so I'm guessing you are not alone.

There are enough fragments to get you just past half way by doing all the challenges.  The rest are earned through the course of normal game play.  I finished with just under three weeks to go and I took a week off from the game in the mifddle  of the Rift.

• Herman_CMH
    Herman_CMH Member Posts: 181
    Options

I am on tier 53, and NOT going to finish all the missions and tiers. I just want to have fun and enjoy my life.

Wishing that the next tome will NOT forcing player to do something that would normally NOT happens in gameplay

• joker7997
    joker7997 Member Posts: 899
    Options

I like how a lot of people that haven't completed also dont know the difference between the rift and the tome

• samination
    samination Member Posts: 312
    Options

Man, some of you are the biggest babies. I did them all solo. It was quite the... (Shock) challenge.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Options

When matchmaking is so broken for me in particular there's no wonder why in the last month I've gone from level 35 to barely level 40. I've sunk about 14 hours trying to find matches but I end up not caring because I only find them after a humongous time.

It says something when you can't even find matches to attempt the rift challenges.

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 896
    Options

People have said it took them 150-200hrs to finish the rift. Um... No thanks. I'm not grinding that hard. I'm just glad I didn't buy the battle pass.

• projecteulogy
    projecteulogy Member Posts: 671
    Options

You farmed with a friendly killer. Congrats. Otherwise, i call BS.

You are also not THE Samination, Dont use that name while running around spouting insults.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

currently trying to get the last 7 tiers done.

1 challenge left aswell, so that would be half an tier immediately.

if i can get it, that is...

• Noodle
    Noodle Member Posts: 103
    Options

Definitely not the only one, even after getting all 4 tome chapter epilogues I'm only on level 20 of the rift.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962
    Options

47-50, I'm not sure. I got all the serum and the hag hand so I'm fine.

I knew I was never going to make it to the end of the battlepass since there was no way to complete the archives with one role.

I also dislike predatory monetization systems like this as evidenced by the number of people who said "I just bought tiers to finish" in this thread alone.

Of course I won't be able to complete the next one so I won't buy it either. As long as people continue falling for it, it will continue to exist though.

I really am just biding my time until something else comes along or the game actually improves in it's various deficiencies.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Options

*Cough cough Resident Evil Resistance Cough cough*

Not a lot of options in terms of games like dbd to play when we need a switch due to burnout.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962
    Options

I haven't stuck to the same genre :)

I've dabbled in Outer Worlds, Skyrim, FO4, and Path of Exile.

I'm especially interested in PoE 2 that's coming up. Some of the changes they've implemented sound really exciting and beneficial to the game. F2P with a fair monetization system and a game that is consistently bug free is a far cry from what some paid games are...

I'm scared to get back into it right now though. It's really easy to get sucked in for weeks lol

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210
    Options

Dude I'm in tome 2 because I don't spend a lot of time playing only dbd,I play lots of games,just finished the first tome tho,I'm getting excited xd

• deadbodyman62
    deadbodyman62 Member Posts: 43
    Options

I play an hour or so a day. Some days I play longer if I'm off work some days I dont play at all. . I think completing it is based on at least playing 1 survivor and 1 killer match everyday to get the xp boost. Play the game right to maximize xp per Match and complete all the challenges to award you the extra rift fragments.

Like I said I did all of the above and have had plenty of time to spare.

• ReviloDBD
    ReviloDBD Member Posts: 582
    Options

Haha yeah that's what I mean, I don't have close to a full hour a day to play DBD or video games in general tbh unfortunately. Often times I would maybe have enough time for 1 or two matches a night before bed maximum. That's pretty typical, and only during weekdays because I usually am not home over the weekends.

But the funny thing is that this is me trying to get as much gaming in as I humanly possibly can while upholding my busy life. I wish I could play more, I really do, but the time just isn't there. It's a real struggle honestly, I do wish video games (in general) were more casual friendly so I could enjoy them without always feeling like I am missing out on things because I don't have the time to play more. This is the case with most games though unfortunately.

• Eye66
    Eye66 Member Posts: 822
    edited January 2020
    Options

I'm at 43 with all the survivor challenges left, should get me halfway there. The premium rift was such a jyp and the progression is way too slow, it takes like 3-4 hours per tier. If the premium gave an Xp boost or something it'd be better; they should look at MTG: Arena's mastery pass for how to do it right

• deadbodyman62
    deadbodyman62 Member Posts: 43
    Options

Well then I just suggest you do the challenges and unlock the lore at your own pace. They'll always be there just dont spend the money for the premium rift track. It's only cosmetics anyway.

Also if you want casual games dont play multiplayer online games. Stick with something with a story or campaign mode.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

Yes.

• Gravewalker200
    Gravewalker200 Member Posts: 451
    Options

Ez pz I got it done real fast and am out of challenges sadly. I wish it were more challenging