The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What licensed killer would u like to see in Dead By Daylight?

pandorayr
pandorayr Member Posts: 597
edited August 2018 in General Discussions

I want to clarify that I like the original killers but think licensed killers are fundamental in this game.

I propose some names:
Ghostface, Pinhead, Jason Voorhees, Chucky, Jeepers Creepers, Harry Warden, Smiley, Babyface, Hannibal Lecter.

Comments

• Russ76
    Russ76 Member Posts: 306

I don't see Jason Voorhees joining until the Friday 13th lawsuit gets finished.. Maybe not even then, but no way before that.

Chucky, No way. The hag is already horrible to use in the corn or taller stalks of grass in swamp. She is just so short she can't see over it. There is NO WAY I would play anyone shorter than her, and there is no way the devs would make Chucky taller.

Jeepers Creepers: I know nothing about this, other than I have heard the producer had some, shall we say, legal problems that BHVR may not want to be associated with. But never saw the movies nor do I know anything about the story line.

• samirk98
    samirk98 Member Posts: 167

no one

• feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886
    I actually want to see a Robot killer that can see survivors foot prints and can see them from a far distance with his ability and allow his to see through wall. 
    But make him a slow ranged killer with a big terror radius
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Ghostface slenderman or Jason... Crystal lake map and a two floor highschool similar build to the game without sliding doors. 
  • OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716
    I wanna see Ghostface with a locker teleport power or perk. A perk he leaves a phone next to the Gen and it rings when a Survivor touches the Gen letting him know someone is there so he can teleport through the locker over there.
  • chefdave12118
    chefdave12118 Member Posts: 193
    Nosferatu would be dope. That guy could some sick skills 
  • 245_Trioxin
    245_Trioxin Member Posts: 171
    I would be incredibly happy if they never released another licensed killer. They're unnecessary and take money away from the devs that could be put towards making the game better (e.g. dedicated servers).
  • JammyJewels
    JammyJewels Member Posts: 611
    Honestly? Kayako from The Grudge and/or Samara from the Ring.

Samata: All survivors start together, held down by the Entity's tentacles and are forced to watch the tape. Once they are released from the chairs, Samara can haunt them as the match goes on. The terror from the tapes decreases all survivors' repair speed by 70% (7 days) and for each generator completed by a survivor the timer for the tape to begin allowing Samara to hunt them is decreased by a certain amount. Once the timer is up TVs will begin popping up around the map like Doctor Hallucinations, allowing Samara to teleport to them and chase the survivor. If they are facing Samara when hit it is an instant down. A TV is instantly placed in front of the hook when a survivor is hooked and will only turn on, allowing teleportation to it, when a survivor suffering from the tape is near it. Samara won't be able to be seen by unaffected survivors and the survivors can not become unaffected once the tape takes it's toll on them (unless they think of a "Copy tape" mechanic which speeds up the time it takes to become effected by the tape for someone else who is also unaffected).

Kayako: Kayako will be the most agile killer. She will be able to vault Windows as fast as survivors and grab them from the vaulting animation if they are too close. She will be able to phase through pallets just like she does during The Grudge 3 and will crawl everywhere, given how her spine was broken. Her terror radius will be replaced by the chilling gurgle she does but will have the downside of being unable to pull people off of interactions.
  • Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited August 2018
    1. Onryō killer (Kayako and Samara)
    2. Ghostface

I don't care how underpowered they have to be, I'd play them night and day just to be ######### creepy.

• JammyJewels
    JammyJewels Member Posts: 611
    1. Onryō killer (Kayako and Samara)
    2. Ghostface

I don't care how underpowered they have to be, I'd play them night and day just to be [BAD WORD] creepy.

Which iteration of Kayako and Samara? The Kayako from the Japanese film is much more terrifying due to the built suspense and the associated fear of the gurgle. The American Films (especially 3) depict her as much more brutal and quick. Hell, her sister being a Ju-On spirit would most likely work better in DBD.
  • Utna
    Utna Member Posts: 186
    edited August 2018

The giant gremlin of course (well it might be giant, but still would be as tall as the hag). Put his shorter friends into lockers and generator for gremlin sabotage purpose and jump scare fun. Cute mogwais could lead to news mechanics. Finding one around a corner of the map, might give you the opportunity to feed it, but there's always a chance you fed a bad one, and thus giving the giant gremlin another cousin to use for sabotage ... stuff like that.!

• Unit
    Unit Member Posts: 190
    I wanna see Ghostface with a locker teleport power or perk. A perk he leaves a phone next to the Gen and it rings when a Survivor touches the Gen letting him know someone is there so he can teleport through the locker over there.
    That would be crazy
  • Unit
    Unit Member Posts: 190
    edited August 2018
    I would be incredibly happy if they never released another licensed killer. They're unnecessary and take money away from the devs that could be put towards making the game better (e.g. dedicated servers).
    They said no to dedicated servers 
  • ChraizE
    ChraizE Member Posts: 232

@chefdave12118 said:
    Nosferatu would be dope. That guy could some sick skills 

the original 1992 nosferatu hell yes!! so glad somebody else knows about this.

• Joshua
    Joshua Member Posts: 1
    I would like to have Jason, Springtrap, Candyman or Sleepy Hollow
  • Baphomett
    Baphomett Member Posts: 394
    edited August 2018
    I still want Buffalo Bill.  I don't care what they do, I just want perks called "It puts the lotion on it's skin" and "Would you f*** me?  I'd f*** me."
  • Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,887

Pennywise

• Ugum
    Ugum Member Posts: 26

Norman Bates - How great would it be to have a Killer that looked like a Survivor? Talk about scary.......

Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man - That would be just for the laughs.

Dracula - No brainer there. Classic killer.

The Thing - Anything from John Carpenter's brain is pretty scary.

Xenomorph - Could be cool but sci-fi doesn't seem to fit in.

Most of the others have already been mentioned.

• Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531
    And for what to be loop all hame and got DS? I don't need more killers i want be killer who got power in this game and don't must count on survs over altruistic actions.
  • Tina_Mey
    Tina_Mey Member Posts: 5

Chucky would be great, imagine a small doll running through the high grass - total jump scare. :D its like piggy sneaking around :D

• Mesme
    Mesme Member Posts: 177

Either The Tall Man or Candyman.

• Utna
    Utna Member Posts: 186

DBD definitely needs to be home for the great horror movie vilain all stars. Now with Freddy, leather face, and M.Myers, their collection is nice already, but there could be so much more ... Jason, Pinehead, Ghostface, Candyman, the tall man, ... , and also gremlins :p

• Epicwarhog69
    Epicwarhog69 Member Posts: 10

1.The Thing Chapter,with the south pole reasearcs lab as a new map and Childs as a new survivor.
    2.Stranger Things Chapter,with the demagorgon killer and bob as a survivor,maybe the hwkins research center as a map
    3.Jeepers Creepes Chapter,The Creeper as a killer and thris as the survivor with the old church map
    4.Until Dawn chapter,with a Wendigo killer,Chris as a survivor and the lodge map

• Epicwarhog69

They deffinetly could license killers from horror games too not just movies,like Until dawn,Outlast,Evil WIthin,Stalker,Metro,Dying Light etc.

• Epicwarhog69

@Epicwarhog69 said:
    They deffinetly could license killers from horror games too not just movies,like Until dawn,Outlast,Evil WIthin,Stalker,Metro,Dying Light etc.

But not FNAF,hell no

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

None. The devs' original Killers are always more interesting than some B-grade horror movie Killers.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@Orion said:
    None. The devs' original Killers are always more interesting than some B-grade horror movie Killers.

Agreed. People just need to take a look at the weakest killers. Freddy, wraith, pig, leatherface. 3 out of 4 are licensed.

Myers is not a great killer as well.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Delfador said:

@Orion said:

Agreed. People just need to take a look at the weakest killers. Freddy, wraith, pig, leatherface. 3 out of 4 are licensed.

Myers is not a great killer as well.

It's not about tiers or whatever. They just aren't interesting characters.

• Action_Jaxon
    Action_Jaxon Member Posts: 73

Pinhead simply because he is my favorite horror character, though aside from hell on earth I don't recall him ever chasing people so I'm not sure how they would go about making him. A close second would be Pyramid Head from Silent Hill.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

The Hash Slinging Slasher.

No other killer will do.

• douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316
    The exorcist girl

Power: vomit

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

@douggie123 said:
    The exorcist girl

Power: vomit

Yo,

Imagine the Boomer from Left 4 Dead. That would be awesome.

• Jed
    Jed Member Posts: 254

http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/Pumpkinhead

Seems perfect for this game hehe.

• Redcum
    Redcum Member Posts: 261

@245_Trioxin said:

Well , that depends on the license. For instance , the devs got the Leatherface license for free.

• FIEND8LOODED
    FIEND8LOODED Member Posts: 336
    edited August 2018

none, devs need to bring in original content

• Zagrid
    Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000
    Dead pool
  • 245_Trioxin
    245_Trioxin Member Posts: 171
    Redcum said:

@245_Trioxin said:

Well , that depends on the license. For instance , the devs got the Leatherface license for free.

Ummm...pretty sure that's not true. You would have to show some type of proof to back that statement up.
  • HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    se05239 said:

Pumpkinhead.

Want this so bad
  • Mikeadatrix
    Mikeadatrix Member Posts: 890

Candyman, he's perfect for DBD. Sinister, self-righteous, sympathetic, yet very disturbing. I'd go nuts if they released him.

• BottledWater
    BottledWater Member Posts: 248

Not chucky! Anything besides Chucky! If that little ######### will actually be added then the game will be dead to me, he is the least scary thing ever and would make no sense

• Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696

I'm sure Jason will eventually make it into Dead By Daylight cause ya know people like to make money.

I think the Nun from the new movie would be creepy as fck and an interesting Killer.

• BraveClem
    BraveClem Member Posts: 333

Ghostface (Scream),Or Harry Warden (My Bloody Valentine)

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334
    Russ76 said:

I don't see Jason Voorhees joining until the Friday 13th lawsuit gets finished.. Maybe not even then, but no way before that.

Chucky, No way. The hag is already horrible to use in the corn or taller stalks of grass in swamp. She is just so short she can't see over it. There is NO WAY I would play anyone shorter than her, and there is no way the devs would make Chucky taller.

Jeepers Creepers: I know nothing about this, other than I have heard the producer had some, shall we say, legal problems that BHVR may not want to be associated with. But never saw the movies nor do I know anything about the story line.

The Jason part is actually false. Not Queen said, even after the F13 lawsuit happened that Jason is a likely candidate for a future killer.
  • RuneStarr
    RuneStarr Member Posts: 850
    Pinhead
    Or The Jackal (Or any of the others tbh) from 13 ghosts (So I can get a Matthew Lillard based survivor. For... reasons) 
  • chemical_reject
    chemical_reject Member Posts: 940
    RuneStarr said:
    Pinhead
    Or The Jackal (Or any of the others tbh) from 13 ghosts (So I can get a Matthew Lillard based survivor. For... reasons) 
    Yes...... I didn't even know I wanted this 
  • Hellrossa
    Hellrossa Member Posts: 105
    I'll vote for ghostface. :)
  • FlamingTurd
    FlamingTurd Member Posts: 8

Definitely the demon creature from Jeepers Creepers