Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What is your one mind game that always works or clutches you out?

Can be as a survivor or killer.

Comments

• Colton147
    Colton147 Member Posts: 523

Whenever I see the killer and I'm in an open space... I remain very still and hope they don't see me.

Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.

• PistolTimb
    PistolTimb Member Posts: 1,413

The one where you moonwalk on the outer wall of the long wall short wall pallet always throws me off. I do it myself and I catch people quite a bit (only works if the pallet isn't down, otherwise it's essentially a no mindgame pallet).

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    edited January 2020

As Nurse, its blinking more often or less often than expected. Or in general mixing up the blink pattern.

Sometimes survivors at close proximity start to wiggle around while looking behind expecting a short blink. Especially in corn, reeds, or around small objects. Just walking forward actually allows to catch up.

Or not always waiting for the 2nd blink to come back, but instantly use the 1st blink available. This throws off more survivors than I initially expected. Though its risky.

Charging up the second blink in a chase, but not using it. Quite alot of survivors do a huge double back in the last possible moment, because they know otherwise I underblink, allowing an easy M1.

I could go on, but I don't want to revela all my my tricks ;)

• Pretending to phase walk as Spirit. Not just at loops, but also after hooking Survivors. Granted, I’m a Rank 12 Killer, so if I start playing higher ranks it probably won’t work very well.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

Just hookbomb with Borrowed Time, and give the camped one a free escape. Easy altruism and benevolence points.

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929

At an unsafe dropped pallet (like the one near ironworks of misery window) waiting on the same side of the pallet, the killer tries to mind game couple times, then reaches me, lands a hit but I dead hard, killer hits the pallet and I vault it.

• I do this only when I know there is a survivor nearby.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410

Moonwalking around a wall where the survivor can't see me. 80% of the time it works every time.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

Fake pallet break. You'd be surprised how often it works even on higher ranks. Experienced survivors often play on auto pilot.