What do you all want to see come to dbd in 2020?

I would like to see more balances and Jason come to dbd.

Comments

• KillerIdeas
    KillerIdeas Member Posts: 53

darth vader as killer in dead by daylight. he perfectly fits. i did an post about him.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

It's a pipe dream but a resident evil themed chapter

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
  • YungCloutking1
    YungCloutking1 Member Posts: 136

This post has been a mistake so far...

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

Bugfixes.

The game is such a huge mess right now.

If you check out YT highlight compilations or similar, you can see that atleast half of them are just showcasing bugs, its not even funny anymore.

• Helevetin_nopee
    Helevetin_nopee Member Posts: 408

60fps on console

• YungCloutking1
    YungCloutking1 Member Posts: 136

I know how full the game is of bugs. It is quite ridiculous.

• NightmareReborn
    NightmareReborn Member Posts: 810

Is this why everyone teabags me so much? Are they just trying to itch themselves?

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited January 2020

This:

It's My OC Killer that does something much different from what we've been getting recently. Many have commented that GF is a combination of Shape and Pig, and others have said that Oni is a combo of Billy and Shape, and honestly they're not wrong. It seems that the devs are running out of New game-play mechanic ideas, and have resorted to taking existing ones and coming up with "Hybrid" killers that, while can be fun, don't really feel original. I submitted this concept back in 2018, and the one I'm linking here is an updated version from the summer of 2019, but even back in its original concept... I feel it was still a far more interesting idea than some of the killers we've been getting recently.

Sure this is me shamelessly promoting my own idea, but honestly, I believe that its a good one and it would add a fun new game-play mechanic and killer to DbD. It's a bit of a long read, but I included a TL;DR version to give everyone the basic idea, but to put it more simply for those of you who don't want to read the full concept:

10-16 Creepy, Victorian style porcelain Dolls the size of totems spawn on a map based upon map size. The Dolls have to be practically touching survivors to strike them, and they play a mean game of Red light, Green light with the survivors. They move faster than the average killer because they can be transfixed in place by the inner 30 degree cone of a survivors vision as long as it's unobstructed, which as you might imagine would usually render a killer useless... except this killers power is to quickly switch to any other Doll on the map by targeting them, or by just hitting the power button to transfer to the closest one. Once the killer transfers to a new Doll, the previous Doll has a red stain + Terror Radius and reveals the aura of a survivor transfixing it for the next 6 seconds. This killer is designed for high map pressure, ambush tactics, and a whole "Weeping Angels" mind game style game-play (for all you doctor who fans out there), and the perks are built to both compliment this play style as well as be useful to all killers.

Don't worry though survivors, I didn't leave any of you high and dry here. Although the included survivors motivations and backstory are a little underwhelming, I focused hard on their perks to give survivors a crazy edge when it comes to Items and Gen repair.

If you read and like this concept, by all means show your support by up-voting/commenting on the concept post in the link above. If you have creative criticisms, then don't be shy to leave any comments expressing your ideas or concerns.

Overall, I really believe this is the type of concept that this game is in need of: It's original, introduces new game-play mechanics, and seems like it would be a lot of fun to both play as and oppose.

Post edited by TWiXT on
  • OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716

We just need balance changes.

Fix the bugs, queue times, matchmaking, hitboxes, optimization on console, hook vacuums and so on and so on.

Slow down on cosmetics and random killer reworks that aren't for the killers that actually need it (Bubba & Legion.)

• TWiXT
    edited January 2020

I can support this 100%. BHVR are using Unreal Engine 4... do you know what other recently released game uses that engine? STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order! Comparing the graphical capabilities of DbD against that is laughable at best, because even on STJFO's lowest graphical settings, it still outshines DbD by a long shot while "surprisingly" performing well on current mid range PC's.

True, if you have a potato PC this would be a major problem, but come on people! My system is 7 years old, has a $160 Nvidia GTX 1060 in it (before that I used a gtx 960 which actually cost more in its day and ran this game just as good), and it runs DbD smooth as glass! The console systems are way more advanced and can do so much more than my computer, yet I can currently run DbD in its ultra settings without even a hiccup in performance in game aside from lag caused by the servers, while the superior console users are bafflingly having the hardest time running it at its most basic graphical settings. If you have a PC that's older than that, and haven't even attempted to put a graphics card in it that is even 2 previous generations behind, then its time you consider an upgrade. As for the console users out there... Wouldn't you prefer a game that both exhibits the graphics you're used too in other games AND has the optimized performance to back it up? I feel like the devs behind this game are falling too far behind when it comes to the potential of the engine they are using, and that needs to change if they plan to keep this game going for another year or 2.

Graphical Improvement, and overall optimization should be a major focus for them in the coming year. (also more blood and gore... this is an M rated HORROR themed game damn-it! We're not children, but despite this audience, I feel that 80% of the violence and Mori's are PG-13'ing the survivors to death! Give us the Hard R rating that a Mature 17+ Horror genre game deserves!)

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731

Beach Dwight in speedos with saggy man breasts, beer belly and a generous bulge.

Ohh, maybe hitbox and lobby bug fixes also. Haddonfield and Hawkins deleted.

• Ashlich
    Ashlich Member Posts: 119

I'm sorry no, not unless they pull their heads out of their asses and give us an ACTUAL graphics setting menu, not this preset bullshit we currently have.

• TWiXT

I bet if they included Beach body cosmetics for multiple survivors in the Archives (speedos, bikini's, etc.), the player base would set a record for how fast the Archives get completed. 🤤

• Venom368
    Venom368 Member Posts: 321

Spacebilly 2020

• TWiXT
    edited January 2020

Another thing I'd like to see added into the game is Favorite Loadout Slots. Just imagine going into the loadout screen, and right between your add-ons and perks there are numbered buttons 1-5, and a "Save Loadout" button under the Offering field. All you have to do is click one of those buttons, fill in your favorite cosmetics and perk build, click "Save Loudout", and now every time you click that button it automatically switches to the loadout you saved to it! Switching loadouts between your favorites is now just a button click away instead of spending 5 mins between matches searching for the right cosmetics and perks.

Wouldn't that be just peachy to have in 2020?

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

totalbiscuit would go insane, having to go into the ini file to change settings is something out of a game from 2005

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334

An old lady survivor. Bonus points if she's African American

• LOA
    LOA Member Posts: 235

Can it be Mother Abigail from The Stand?? Then Randall Flagg could be the killer!!

Maybe that will satisfy people's Stephen King itch.

• toxicmegg
    toxicmegg Member Posts: 662

i hope they could fix hitboxes

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

A daylight map with the entity as the sun

• Zephinism
    Zephinism Member Posts: 542

More baseline perks to unlock, and a revamp of all the garbage basic perks (Monstrous Shrine, Slippery Meat, etc.)

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241

Bugfixes, moris, keys, broken dedicated hitboxes, and the most broken killer in the game, Huntress. Her hatchet hitboxes make me to throw up. If they fix hatchet hitboxes, (never gonna happen) nobody will play huntress again like Nurse. Huntress players are hitbox abusers.

• Kongtwenty12
    Kongtwenty12 Member Posts: 140

I like the idea but my worry is that if you give the survivors really strong perks to help against the new killer then the other killers are gonna get hit really hard. Do you have any examples of what the survivors perks could be?

• LOA
    LOA Member Posts: 235

I can dig that. I am a bit burned out with the licensed characters. Just made me think of how badass she is when you mentioned an older African American woman.

• premiumRICE
    premiumRICE Member Posts: 798

Fix on matchmaking and ranked system

better optimization and being able to unlock fps

new original characters

some cool events

some balance fixes, its not bad atm but theres room to improve

• Hex_KillerMainBTW
    Hex_KillerMainBTW Member Posts: 449

A lot of those were older videos. And the bugs aren't as common as people like to make them to be

• Zenro
    Zenro Member Posts: 319

I mean i wouldnt say he perfectly fits. He isnt scary or really seen as a slasher type at all. I dont really think he fits the tone.

• Zenro
    Zenro Member Posts: 319

I would want optimization, especially on consoles and maybe graphical update but graphics arent too big on priority. And would like them to visit all the weaker killers and tweak them(trapper getting the brown bag add on base, windstorm base wraith, etc). Crossplay to help with matchmaking times. Demogorgon QOL and add on updates. Id like the game to be at a healthy state so they can work on the games core like maybe a second objective for survivors.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Major map design changes.

• Snitz
    Snitz Member Posts: 97

I'd like a killer with a whip, who can hit survivors from a reasonably long range but doesn't move as slow as huntress, deep sea diver killer would be cool too.

Other than that, as others have said:

Map reworks, game optimization, better graphics.

• not_Queef
    not_Queef Member Posts: 820

I always look forward to seeing what new bugs they will add. Some of my favourites in 2019 were the catastrophic mid load crashes (still not completely fixed btw) and the rank update error. The introduction of dedicated servers was a goldmine of broken functionality, too.

In 2020, I think they will pull out all the stops and deliver something truly game-breaking.

• TWiXT
    edited January 2020

The 3 survivor perks I have in the linked killer concept:

Tools of the Trade: When supplies are low you have a keen instinct for finding the right tools for the job. While carrying a Flashlight or Toolbox item of common/uncommon/rare or lower quality during a trial, the first chest you open will be a guaranteed Match or Upgraded rarity item of the same type.

Safety First: Your knowledge of working around electrical circuits outmatches others who tend to ignore the basic rules of repairing. When you start repairing a generator it powers down over the span of 8/6/4 seconds and remains powered down while you work on it. Leaving an affected generator for more than 6 seconds, failed skill checks, and damage from the killer will immediately power it back up at its current level of progress.

Delay Resistors: Experience has rewarded you with an advantage against the Killer’s situational awareness. After you completely repair a generator, the generators full power up and notifying alert to the killer is delayed for 3/4/5 seconds or until another survivor begins working on it. The generator can be damaged by the killer within this window of time.

I don't see these as being too powerful on paper, but I imagine that if a killer was going against a team of survivors with these perks, it would be difficult to tell if gens are being worked on or not for the killer, which gives survivors a huge stealth advantage. Also survivors could bring in a rare toolbox, and before it runs out of charges they would search a chest and get a matching or upgraded one, which means that killers with low map/gen pressure would have a hard time slowing the survivors down.

• ppo8820
    ppo8820 Member Posts: 763

Better matchmaking and less of a grind. Bring more fun to the game and improve the community. I’d like a truly scary killer. Right now, Michael is only one who scares me. Every time and I hate/love it.

• Mjra
    Mjra Member Posts: 50

Sound fixed

• Kongtwenty12

I could see this working pretty well but I'm a little worried about tools of trade and keys. Depending on the chance to upgrade it could be really strong with green keys because you can just search a chest and go from not being able to open hatch to being able to

• TWiXT
    edited January 2020

it only works with Toolboxes and Flashlights. Of course, knowing the devs, it would probably be bugged and exploitable for all items for the first month if they decided to use the idea and make this perk a reality.

• Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609

No one cares for balance and bug fixes, we all just want beach Dwight! #beachdwight2020

• Kongtwenty12
  • ppo8820
    ppo8820 Member Posts: 763

Nerf slippery meat!!!

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428

I probably sound like a broken record at this point but I desperately want a Resident Evil chapter with Jill and Nemesis. I'd gladly take almost anything from RE though.

• Vampirox
    Vampirox Member Posts: 411

I would like them for 1 chapter to optimize there game with better graphic options, etc.

• switch
    switch Member Posts: 489

Bans for DCs, bugfixes, and some balance changes.

• TWiXT
    edited January 2020

+1 this! DC bans were recently tested and honestly can't come out officially soon enough, we've had to deal with this crap for almost a year, and its killing the game! As for bug fixes, the biggest bug right now is the sound bugs, I've had too many Shapes, and even Demogorgons sneak up on me because I can't hear their breathing or stomping around, and it's been driving me nuts since before Oni came out that wasn't the case, and the sound design felt more fair. As for Balance... lets face it... Matchmaking sucks right now, and so do some items, perks, offerings and Killers which make the game feel 1-sided and un-fun. A few minor changes/tweaks here and there to better balance the game is all it would take to make things more fun for everyone (fingers X'd that the Doc rework won't actually make him more annoying than before).