why is there even a DC option?

seriously, why is it there?

people don't want others to disconnect, so why is there an disconnect option at all? just delete it, make the disconnect option disconnect!

Comments

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Honestly though...

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

For people that legimetely need to go, because of gamebreaking bugs, or real life ermgencies.

• KillerIdeas
    KillerIdeas Member Posts: 53

"real life emergencies" well, i didn't knew you have to disconnect from the game, wait that one minute until you finally disconnected and destroyed your D/W.

but i understand what you mean.

• PistolTimb
    PistolTimb Member Posts: 1,413

It's there as an option if you literally cannot complete the game (or you have to get off the game for personal reasons). I remember recently my game bugged out during end game collapse. Last survivor was "sacrificed" when the timer ended, my game didn't. I waited five minutes and realized I would have to use the leave match button.

Sadly people often misuse the button when the game isn't going their way.

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611

I mean, why wouldn't there be one, every single game has one. Sometimes you legit have to go.

That's why most games have some sort of DC penalty for repeated DCs too. People who need to go can leave without pulling the cable or killing the game process, but people who DC more than acceptable can get punished.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Gamebreaking bugs and hostage situation mostly

There are a lot of places in the game where the killer could trap a survivor and they wouldn't be able to leave any other way

There have been bugs in the past that allowed survivors to get the killer stuck

Or just getting stuck in general, not too long ago there was a bug where killers got stuck in generators

If the other players then decide to go to sleep and leave the game running you need a way to get out of the game easilly