How to make the Fnaf chapter possibly work (without making it 'cringe'?)

Springey
Springey Member Posts: 286

After reading through the discussion (https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/116611/is-it-possible-for-a-five-nights-at-freddys-chapter#latest)

I got an Idea on how to maybe make a Fnaf chapter to work.

As you know there are the games... But Fnaf also has a novel series (3 books) set in a different universe. (Lore in the games is different than in the books)

My idea would be Springtrap (from the twisted ones) as a killer, this also would make sense, it's possessed and has the corpse of William in it. And if you think it doesn't make sense.. just look at Spirit and Nurse or even Freddy.

Instead of an indoor map, we could get a map based of the childhood home of Charlie, a main character. It was left years ago to rot. Would work in DbD without destroying the atmosphere with a Pizzaria map.

And as a Survivor just take Charlie, she's the/one of the main characters. She's is 18 on the twisted ones if I'm not wrong so age wouldn't be a problem.

But, they would need to make new models and so on, because they'd only have the graphic novel and the Freddy files to work with, we have illustrations of Charlie and we know how Springtrap looks like, although they could change his appearance to fit more into DbD. I don't know if there are illustrations of Charlie's childhood home tho, but I believe it was described in the books.

Just my idea on how to not make it 'cringe' as many people say, if they actually end up doing a fnaf chapter.

Comments

• ChiTenshi
    ChiTenshi Member Posts: 877

I count Demogorgon as an exception (was rather surprised that it was added).

When you look at a Killer, you can tell they are human or were human at some point in their life. You don't really get that kind of thought process with Springtrap or any of the other animatronics.

• Springey

You still have the corpse of him in the suit, they could also make it more prominent with more withering.

At the end of the day, everyone has another opinion and we all should live with what DbD has or hasn't.

• Ajritoka
    Ajritoka Member Posts: 594

I don’t really get that kind of thought process from The Hag, but here we are.

• kreeper124
    kreeper124 Member Posts: 492

I wouldn't mind an fnaf chapter if it was done right. Not sure what abilities the animatronic would have though. Never read the books so not sure if there's anything super special it can do that's not in the games

• Springey

He could be another stealth killer.. but I think we have enough of those, unless there's a special thing about it?

• ZtarShot
    ZtarShot Member Posts: 838

Charlie also happens to be a robot, but I'd love to see everyone's favorite demented rabbit chasing Nea "The Entity" Karlsson around the map with a springlock crank.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

I feel as though a non-human killer would be a fresh addition the game needs. Something beastly/animalistic or robotic (not FNAF in particular) would be cool.

As long as it can fit the skeleton they’ve created (stands on two legs and is human-like in structure) that it’s not off the table.

• Jason_cx
    Jason_cx Member Posts: 21

In my opinion, I feel that John or Jessica would better suit as a survivor as Charlie turned out to be a robot in the last novel and every survivor we've had is actually a human.

Why it should be John: He pretty much crushed on Charlie, even when he was spoken for. He helped her survive in the first book and was stricken with grief after what happened at the end of the Twisted Ones. His lore could be based about how he tried to find Charlie at her abandoned house/pizzeria or something and the black smoke of the entity kidnapped him.

Why it should be Jessica: Although she was one of the main characters, she was still Charlie's best friend and they always stuck together in the books. Jessica's lore could be about how she walked her way to Charlie's abandoned house and is swept up by the entity during her walk.

John would probably be the better option for the survivor, as Jess and William (or Springtrap) never really interacted or altercated in the books from what I remember. John was desperate to protect Charlie from William, so I feel he would be the more likely option.

• Springey
    edited January 2020

John would have been my second choice if Charlie wouldn't fit in with her background, which clearly doesn't.

I just hope that if they do decide to make a fnaf chapter, that it'll be based on the books rather than the game since they'd have a bit more creativity on springtrap design and would actually have a survivor and a fitting map. Fitting for DbD at least.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

I have an idea for a FNAF chapter, and it involves stealth in a special way.

I don't want to flood your thread with my wordy idea, so I'm going to be making a thread about it soon — I'll be sure to tell you about it once it's done! :)

• NMCKE

The developers are aiming for humanoid killers, which are killers that have the appearance of a human figure.

Springtrap in this instance, definitely fits the developer's expectations for a humanoid killer. 😁

Through, I respect your opinion about only wanting human killers only. :P

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

They've said (the devs) that they'll stick to humanoids, which this does fit under (it's the reason why the Demogorgon was able to be added).

• Raven014

I think this would be a good addition if done well. If they can't add him, then add the Nightmares, since they also fit the style of DBD quite well.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

And Demogorgon was a nice change of pace. Something robotic or beastly would add something fresh to the rotation of killers. It doesn’t have to be FNAF specifically.

• Raven014

I know. I'd like to see this too. : )

Something in the realm of other things, like a robot (they've got the terminator on the now dead Deathgarden, I don't see why it can't be used here), or something. Heck, it can even be an alien (an Elite or Brute from Halo would be cool to go against, Brutes literally have eaten people in the books).

• Springey

I think that if they don't get Springtrap/Afton, their second pick should be the twisted animatronics from the twisted ones. They seem to fit DbD more.

• plaguesquid
    plaguesquid Member Posts: 11

I personally think it would be a great addition! Just seeing/hearing the weight of a literal machine running after you would be horrifying.

• Dbd_kills
    Dbd_kills Member Posts: 2

I feel it would be better to do multiple characters, there introduction with the demegorgon (dont remember how it’s spelled) we got two survivors so why can’t we give it a jump and add 2 again maybe even 3? Afton definitely suits the role for the killers And the books could give us a really cool design but the games could give us cool new perks for killers (sorry for long post)

• Springey

I would be okay with Springtrap and one-two friends of Charlie as survivors and Charlies Childhood home. The offering for the map could be Theodore. 🤔

But a FNaF Chapter is very unlikely at the end, unless many people would like to have such a Chapter in the game and Scott would actually agree, even tho I don't think it would be a big problem since he's working with other companies now, like with steel wool for FNaF VR for example.

• Springey

I don't think a rotting withered Animatronic suit with a rotting corpse inside would kill the atmosphere more than a clown dressed up as a cute pink elephant with some blood on it.

But I kind of get you since there are many other people not wanting it.

I myself don't want Chucky or Pennywise as killers since they wouldn't fit DbD in my honest opinion.

• samination
    samination Member Posts: 312

Adding Demogorgon opened the floodgates for literally anything. So why not FNAF? It'd probably be the scariest FNAF game ever. Lol. However, I'd want the map to be that pizza joint.

• Springey

Would be kind of weird seeing someone like Michael in a Pizzaria for kids, wouldn't it? 👀

• Raven014

I don't like the twisted ones personally, but if it gets in, maybe the Nightmares could be cosmetics or something...

• NMCKE

What about sister location? I heard a lot of people like indoor maps to be honest!

• Springey

The underground facility could work it's dark and wouldn't be as silly as a Pizzaria, but the chapter would have to be based on the games, that'd mean no good survivors or no at all.

• voicefaded
    voicefaded Member Posts: 5

I'm just saying now that I agree with most things that are positive about adding a Fnaf chapter to the game the only thing I am thinking about is the map because all of the pizzerias are pretty small other then sister location but I was thinking maybe if they added Charlie's neighborhood with the fnaf 1 pizzeria on the side and under the pizzeria and Charlie's neighborhood would be sister location but I do think this map might be kinda big but it will have a mix of indoor and outdoor places

• Mrfazbear
    Mrfazbear Member Posts: 1

Dunno if it would work but it sounds cool what about having springlock suit as an ability kinda like jigsaw and when a survivor is Downed you put can choose to put them in it and they would have to do something to get it off

• Maybe Instead Of The Hooks He Uses Sprinklock Suits That You Can Wiggle Out Or Maybe Like You Deactivate The Suit.And If You Dont Get Out They Go Off And Kill You.

• profaned
    profaned Member Posts: 55

Im not completely against the idea of such a concept

But I don't see any definitive way to add fnaf to the game as there's no real "power" or "ability that we know of that can make the killer effective, i was gonna suggest form swapping but the devs don't wanna add a killer who can pose as survivors (unless they troll us like they did with clown when they said they weren't gonna add clowns)

The map is also a big issue, throughout most to all of fnaf, we only get fragments or moments of map design, fnaf VR is the closest we have to fleshed out maps and granted they look pretty good

Killer perks could probably be based on screwing with survivor awareness or shutting off a survivor perk for a short time, survivor perks could be stealth based or even something as ludicrous as creating some entirely new object

Meh - Nea

• Springey

Well, Springtrap could be a stealth based killer applying some sorts of devuffs to survivors. Would kind of fit since the phantom animatronic do that in fnaf 3.

But I don't know if it would work with the Springtrap in the novel series. 🤔

• ZtarShot

Actually, Ash sawed off his arm, therefore having to get it replaced. In the "Ash vs Evil Dead" series, we first see him with the rosemary wood hand, lying about how he saved a kid to seduce a woman.

• ZtarShot

It could be a paragraph rather than a Chapter, with just our friendly demented rabbit, and some cosmetics for like TAPPY BOI or something.

• ZtarShot

I have a fully fledged out idea, ur boi springtrap enter the ring with the forever famous springlock crank as a weapon. His power would be suit stuffing, only having two but are forever stick on survivors.This timer is paused when in a chase, dying, or resetting the springlocks. Ever 30 seconds a survivor has to do a 10 second interaction to reset the springlocks. Failure to do will injure the survivor will be inflicted with the broken status effect. Don't fear, the springlocks can still be reset. Failure to do so afterwards will inflict the dying state, resetting the springlocks. Failure to reset the springlocks 10 times will kill the survivor. I don't have any perk ideas, I'll leave it to the co mmu ni ty

• Eatrellita94x
    Eatrellita94x Member Posts: 1

I honestly think, adding fnaf characters would be good. I mean, they are the same scary as any other killer that dbd has.. just more menacing, because they’re animatronics... robots which went defective, and it’ll go perfect due to that’s what we are seeing in the real world.. they’re stronger and faster than any other killer on dbd.

• Darkheart747
    Darkheart747 Member Posts: 2

All I ask, if they ever made this a dlc, use the bite as the Mori. I would love to throw them in a springlock suit but that would be a bit much, having a suit just appear or something. But having an animatronic bite down on them would make more sense.

I honestly like the idea of Springtrap as it fits more the style of DbD but would love to see the actual robots as more 'powerhouse' killers. Large and slower means easy to spot and avoid, but an ability like the jumpscares where they leap at someone and put them down if they catch them. If balanced right it makes low level robots probably an easier killer to avoid while making skilled killers a good threat

• Rmgaming98275
    Rmgaming98275 Member Posts: 14

Tell that to the demogorgan at this point they should add the exenomorph

• ChiTenshi
    ChiTenshi Member Posts: 877

You might want to read my other comment that is just below that one.

• SambaSaw
    SambaSaw Member Posts: 137

This is never going to happen because Scott (creator of fnaf) would never allow his storyline to get interrupted by a game like dbd. If you followed the story you can understand this because it has been really messy and its not yet fully discovered.

• Springey

Well, I'm talking about the novel series which isn't as messy as the games and the chapter, as all other licensed chapters, would just be in a different timeline/universe with the same characters. So it wouldn't interrupt anything.

• Semimatic
    Semimatic Member Posts: 162
    edited January 2020

By far, this is the best concept I've found and it would totally fit.

People suggesting the actual animatronics, who either are just malfunctioning or have the souls of victims or whatever, clearly don't understand DBD. However, one character as seen with that roaring reddit post DOES fit.

A sentient, human corpse of a psychotic murder who went on a rampage of killing children just for the fun of it who would find it hilarious of someone trying to run away from him. This isn't some animatronic, it's a full-on murderous, insane person with actual motives inside of a deathtrap. He even says things like this in a sinister tone:

• "Let's see how many times I can take you apart and put you back together again!"

Here's the initial reddit post, and people seem to love the idea of this: https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/ek0i0k/finalized_springtrap_the_attraction_concept_kit/

Overall, it would totally work out if it was executed well like this. The people complaining about the idea when it's out would be the minority-- THIS is how you execute it.

• Springey

While I like the idea, the power is too much. Getting stuned for 3 seconds and screaming while doing so? That'd be even less fun than playing against Doctor who just makes you scream without locking you in place. I'd rather see Springtrap as a stealth killer that gives survivors debuffs rather than locking them into places without an option to escape.

• Semimatic

I agree with that as well, but I'm talking about in general if his theme is set up like that, I'd buy that DLC in a heartbeat.

• Springey
    edited January 2020

Also here a clear picture of Springtrap for people that don't know what he looks like (FNaF 3 Springtrap):

(Had to add that white background since the forum would have made a white outline on Springtrap and would give it a black outline)

• Semimatic

Yeah, if they really redesign his face and make more gore showing which Scott has already done before, it's set.