Survivors have nothing but perks?

2»

Comments

• Doing_gens_wbu
    Doing_gens_wbu Member Posts: 61

They're good lops but at least their are no more real infinite. And yes, It's been awhile but miner was my guy I ran him with broken windows (lithe but with no exhaustion) brutal strength (don't remember the name but IV version of stun the killer forever with a pallet instead of a bop on the head) lithe but you get it when you run by the generators AND hooks AND no exhaustion and works on finished/broken ones, hope AND adrenaline, and like I said miner. I get 3 get the frack away from me (great for rescues and protection btw) and if you play your cards right you will get them all back by the time you used the original 3. Literally loop them till daylight chasing one survivor. Btw Killer main in that game #RocketClown4dayz and the Ripper. If I really wanted to ruin the game I played spider. It's been awhile but they are probably still broken.

• StrickxNyne
    StrickxNyne Member Posts: 230

Everyone is saying balance, meta, camping simulator or why would you present this?

Sorry, let me be clear, I'm not requesting the game change, I was more asking why it isn't this way. Sure balance is a current issue, it's been an issue since I started visiting the forums and seeing everyone demand balance. If someone ran faster they'd do gens slower the only fast gem person would be the one with that stuck ability. Don't wannabe get Gen rushed, go after that survivor, don't wanna be looped by God, don't chase that fast one but know if they touch a Gen it'll take a long while. Those bases changing other factors fix what a ton of people are upset to boot about, so it's weird to me it hasn't always been a thing.

• Artemis_LH
    Artemis_LH Member Posts: 113

It certainly wouldn't help with lore.

Survivor perk are inspired by the characters personality and backstory.

Maybe it could be a good idea for a dead by daylight sequel of sorts.

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793
    edited December 2019

This would cause 99% of players, or at least those who want to “win,” to play the same character. Almost every suggestion includes Meg getting a permanent speed boost, even 1% would make her the chosen survivor for anyone serious about winning.

Hooray Nurse against four Megs, AGAIN

• StrickxNyne
    StrickxNyne Member Posts: 230

Everyone plays a game to win. I don't know why anyone would pick Meg over others. If as I said a bajillon times, if one person's speed goes up they lose speed in other areas. Meg +1 running speed is now - 1 healing, doing gens, opening doors etc across the board.

Also again, I'm not requesting a single thing to change, I didn't make the game. I just thought it was weird and it is weird and it's even weirder that folks are worried about a single character being picked like that wouldn't have been handled day 1 IF this had been a thing. I do enjoy taking a perk from someone else and moving it around it just the first game I've played this happens and literally no one has anything base in the process. That means no survivor is unique outside of bringing their perk for everyone to learn. However, everyone learns from the master but is never as good as the master is my full point. If I teach you how to heal you're not going to heal as efficiently as me until maybe prestige 3. Same for prove thyself, DS etc.. Sure in the end everything would still be here but it'd make sense

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266
    edited December 2019

There is an easy way to make Survivor abit different from others:

The 1st perk slot will be their prime slot, if they put their teachable perk in the slot, it will work as level4. Example:

Bond range to 39m

Sprint burst for 3.5sec

Self care time from 40sec to 36sec

And so on. I think this may buff Survivors quite abit much but Killer can expect what Survivors plan.

• FilthyQuentin
    FilthyQuentin Member Posts: 82

Then why is Ash in the game since he's not like any other usual survivor in films. Well he is the same like others in the first movie but we got Ash from the Ash vs evil series where he fights evil and doesn't run away from it.

• Tenebro
    Tenebro Member Posts: 89

Lol, I missed the Almo post ... so are we talking about David being the same of Claudette? Or Kate the same of Jane? And so on? They are not the same, they should be similar eventually, but not clones. In movies they are not clones, and even more so they should be different in a videogame. Passive little buffs can be an idea (for example shorter wiggle time for Jane "for obvious reasons"😝, or a bit less scratch marks for Kate, etc.), or, considering the amount of perks available nowadays, increase perk slots for both killer and surv from 4 to 5, being the fifth a special slot whom could be equipped only with the character specific perks. Or something similar ... we aren't talking about developing game changing mechanics, like a "custom power" for survivors ... but just something to be a little unique.

Can't believe that a runner like Meg can't run faster than a old smoker man like Billy 🙄

• FilthyQuentin

@Tenebro

Can't believe that a runner like Meg can't run faster than an old smoker man like Billy 🙄

xD

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

It’s true. Claudette has perks to heal faster, others can learn those perks to heal faster.

How does Meg teach the others to run faster.

• FilthyQuentin

I don't see huntress teach how to throw hatches to other killers and that basically it. Claudette can't heal faster unless if she has a perk for it. This is why it would make sense to give her like a 10% heal boost as her passive and made a reason to try other survivors other to just have them as skins.