How on earth is this fair?

Options

This game is completely broken. So many things were made unbalanced on both the survivor and killer side that they havent fixed. I get into a game, a wraith finds someone. I save them with my flashlight (not being toxic or anything just a general save) and now im getting chased, alls fair atm. I get hooked at 3rd gen and another survivor runs over to me and farms me... this is fine i think, i have DS. Well no, I get moried straight off first hook and dont stand a chance. How on earth is that fair that ive now lost a flashlight and a pip because of things beyond my control. Am i meant to run the killer around for all 5 gens and escape?

Comments

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752
    Options

Moris and Keys both need to be looked at

Even green moris can effectively end a game completely, while keys reward poor play by survivors

Ebony moris are just ridiculous

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options

If we look at the survivor gameplay as a concept then it seems like you are not supposed to escape if your random teammates are bad at the game regardless of your own skill as a result of the game being a 4 v 1. That's why you are able to pip even if you die.

Or in other words: You are supposed to get destroyed by the killer and enjoy it as a solo player as long as the game tells you you've "won" by getting a pip that can be obtained by doing "exciting things" like cleansing some totems.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962
    Options

Mcote said that this kind of frustrating gameplay will keep players coming back to the game...

What do you think about that?

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962
    Options

In the last 3rd of this video he talks about the frustration players feel in dbd.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,543
    Options

Is that THE @SpaceCoconut

OMG...

I did see that... and play that way... I lose a match and take it out on the next group lol

• Hex_Hex
    Hex_Hex Member Posts: 11
    Options

Moris aren't the only problem. Keys are just as bad (as long as we aren't talking about the green key)

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951
    Options

If there werent mori challanges we would almost never see moris (outside people playing for fun or troll)

• Zamblot
    Zamblot Member Posts: 270
    Options

Your saying we should never bring up critisizm with a game. If I can have fun 100% of the time why would I settle for 90% of the time? If no one ever brought up problems and imbalances in the game it would be in a far worse state. Look up some videos from a few years ago

• Zamblot
    Options

He brought a Mori to begin with. And this has happened to me on multiple occasions regardless on whether I've had a flashlight or not... I play killer as well and I know how easy it is to avoid a flashlight save, it's just 2nd nature to face a wall but it's a bit difficult to avoid being farmed by a teammate and moried of hook. If I teabagged or something after I'd get it

• Zamblot
    Options

But your main objective is to survive. And in that game I didn't have enough time to cleanse or do anything to escape the -1 pip as I got chased almost from the get go

• DBDIT
    DBDIT Member Posts: 172
    Options

Yea idk what to tell you about that anymore. When it all falls down, the developers are 100% at fault and the game has been having CONSISTENT problems since its release back in 2016.....2016.

• DBDIT
    DBDIT Member Posts: 172
    Options

That's not true. I've recently had several games when I bring an item and for some reason, I no longer have it after the game is over. Didn't deplete it, no FD, just randomly losing items, as if the devs want to punish you.

• Polychrome_Baku
    Polychrome_Baku Member Posts: 404
    Options

Your main objective is to survive. The killer's main objective is to kill you. See how those might be opposing objectives? Mori offerings (like keys) facilitate said objective faster. Congratulations! Now you understand the game. You had a bad game. Either ######### off or queue into another one when you're more emotionally stable. Because if losing a yellow flashlight and a damned pip makes you this irritated, maybe PvP games aren't for you. Sometimes you just ######### lose and you have to grow a pair and move on with your life. DBD is no exception, but the community seems to think they should always have a way to "win".

• Tronicus
    Tronicus Member Posts: 19
    Options

Yea but what happends when the next game plays out the same, and the game after that?

• JC316
    JC316 Member Posts: 693
    Options

I find Mori's to be distasteful and only run them if I have a daily, then I only kill one person. I've faced the wall before, where I can only see wall and my weapon, still got blinded by those ridiculous 90* flashlights. Plus you can't do anything if there is no wall to face.

I really don't care that much about t-bagging or even abusing the god loop, but flashlight plays are guaranteed to make me as toxic as utterly possible.

• Accullla
    Accullla Member Posts: 984
    Options

I mean.. I really hope you're not being serious and this is just a joke post, but if it's not then all I have to say is - it's the game.. Sometimes you escape and sometimes you die and lose your items. If you really want to keep them bring a white ward, or better yet - don't flashlight save against a killer with a mori, unless you're confident in your ability to loop them and don't mind dealing with the consequences of making them angry.

• bigbeefynacho
    bigbeefynacho Member Posts: 351
    Options

I just simply dodge loading screens when I see a hidden offering from the killer. I just assume it's a mori. On to the next match thank you very much...

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,531
    Options

Regardless of your opinion on mori's, "because of things beyond my control" just isn't accurate at all. You were chased and downed the first time, that was in your control.

• mmorrow8
    mmorrow8 Member Posts: 59
    Options

When I play killer (which is not very often because im more a survivor main than anything) I typically play the ones that get ######### for existing (Spirit, Nurse, Michael, I have a few more but those are my main 3) and when I do bring a mori I use it on second hook and normally am a very nice killer to a group unless I see toxicity (not just the existing excuse. Teammates not unhooking until last minute on second hook even though I'm not a camper, sandbagging purposefully, overall being a dick to teammates because I understand the pain survivors go through. All items are fine for me and I don't feel like they are so bad in my book. Though I haven't used items that often or have seen those using them obnoxiously often) I sometimes don't even use my mori because I feel as if the person has been wronged or had done so much that they should be spared. Those who are ######### with moris and do it on first hook for the reason of "let's get this over with easily" are the reasons moris are unfair. The thing is though survivor mains will still complain even if we only allow it after second hook and will purposefully kill themselves on hook which will piss off the killer side. I'm sad some of my fellow survivors act this way and this makes me really sympathetic for you killer mains.

• rickyray101
    rickyray101 Member Posts: 141
    Options

I hear you on that. I had almost all five generators done and was against the Trapper. He played like garbage the whole match and all of the sudden he started to mori people. He got only one hook on me because I went to save the last survivor while he camped her and the hatch. A Mori should only be accessible after two hooks not one I feel. Had the killer not used it he would have been beat badly.

• Mr_Squiggles
    Mr_Squiggles Member Posts: 20
    Options

the fact of the matter is that both sides have op items/offerings, just don’t worry about it, it’s just a game, just accept the fact that you had a crappy match and go on to the next one, dbd is more fun when you don’t let these things bother you

• CrispyChestnuts
    CrispyChestnuts Member Posts: 175
    Options

So every game needs to be fun for every player, no matter what decisions other players make? Or should there be a separate queue for people who don't have much time to play and are entitled to a better play experience as such? Would it be a vs. bots mode or something? A lot of games have that, it could be fun.

• ColgateAdvancedWhite
    Options

Yes, often times you have to either do all 5 gens on your own while the other 3 are squatting in bushes being immersed, or run the killer for 10 hours and still not get a gen done because the other 3 were still squatting in bushes.

• hammertime
    hammertime Member Posts: 51
    Options

Without killers you don't have a game. I play killer and i have been playing less and less because its become less fun because most changes to the game aid in survivor trolling. You can get over a kill by hiding better anyway. Besides, it sounds like it was another toxic survivor who was the one who really got you killed in the first place.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632
    Options

These are called killers. The tactic that you just witnessed is called Mori tunneling. It's when a killer isn't good enough to get things done right so they need to rely on an unfair item and method of play. Better get used to it; all green rank and purple rank killers do it.

• SasukeKun
    SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858
    Options
  • lamekiller
    lamekiller Member Posts: 23
    Options

Mori's are dope.use one for your self and you'll see. Also its ot like its every match its once and a while.

• ismei
    ismei Member Posts: 3
    Options

What bull did he mess with exactly?

all he did was bring in a flashlight and let’s be honest the killer probably already had the Mori equipped. the same goes for Mori’s THEY ARE EXTREMELY ANNOYING TOO.

• JC316
    JC316 Member Posts: 693
    Options

I agree about moris. I don't run them unless for a daily. Some killers take things personal, in my case, it's flashlight saves. This killer might have mori'ed him either way, but I am sure the flashlight save didn't help his case.

• ismei
    ismei Member Posts: 3
    Options

you can’t win all your chases it’s not possible, there’s always gonna be someone that can best you in a game at least once maybe not twice, maybe three times but you can’t beat every killer in dbd without losing at least once I’m mean jeez it’s common sense come on g

• AlexisFox
    AlexisFox Member Posts: 127
    Options

Mori is not intended to be fair, but it's something you shouldn't be running into every match. It's a random spike of added difficulty. When it takes you out all you can do is remind yourself that when that killer used their mori on you after only 1 hook they robbed themselves of 2 more hookings they could have gotten which means they are probably getting lower quality emblems at the end of the match and probably not going to pip either even if they do kill everyone.

• Zamblot
    Options

Idc if they robbed themselves, infact if anything it annoys me more as they hindered themselves to hinder me. There shouldn't be a spike of difficulty in a game that makes rounds basically impossible... There shouldn't be a game breaking feature that randomly occurs just to be unfair. I dont use moris as a killer because they make an already boring task (playing killer) even more boring then removing any aspect of challenge

• Zamblot
    Options

Are you stupid? No there shouldn't be a feature in a game that ruins it for almost everyone. I don't get your logic here and you definitely don't understand anything I've said. I'm saying that I don't get much time so id rather all my games are fun rather than getting to play one or two and having one completely ######### that puts me at a bad mood because the game is fundamentally flawed. I don't get mad when I lose a game to my own skill but I do when I lose an unwinnable game. No matter how good a survivor is if the killer has any moderate skill they will eventually down that survivor and then you can't do anything about it. It can't be put down to your skill or anything if they are basically made insanely overpowered and you don't have a chance unless you hide the whole game and get lucky and find the hatch before the killer

• Zamblot
    Options

I don't play killer anymore because it's boring but after my first few Mori games I realised how boring it makes the game... It just makes it inexplicably easy and not fun. And I got 7 pink moris in a row on each bloodweb on an unprestieged level 25-32 hag (idk if it's insane luck or what)

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688
    Options

Flashlight saves are hated by killers and when I play killer, I hate them too. Maybe someone ran me around for some time, I finally got them and someone just blinds me and now I have to do it all over again. Part of the reason I do not use flashlights when I play survivor, unless it's required for a challenge.

But being unhooked, downed and moried in a few seconds is not fun either. The killer wanted you gone because of that flashlight save and despite being unfair to you, sometimes there is a price to pay for some of the actions in the match.

• samination
    samination Member Posts: 312
    Options

Are you going to be okay? Seriously man, get some perspective on life.

• CrispyChestnuts
    CrispyChestnuts Member Posts: 175
    Options

You catching a Mori does not ruin the game for every one. Glad you could take out some of your aggression out on a stranger on the Internet. Now you get why Moris exist! It's the in game equivalent of your post.

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328
    Options

What do you mean with "accept and move on"?

He is not allowed to say his opinion about unbalanced stuff so the devs can finally work on this?

If we all would have accepted how dbd git released and we had moved on, guess what: dbd would be still the same like on release.

• HauntedMandalorian
    HauntedMandalorian Member Posts: 99
    Options

I, honestly, don't understand most of the complaints about this game.

We're upset because we got killed by the Killer? Be a better Survivor. Learn from it.

Just spend another 4000 Bloodpoints and get yourself another Flashlight.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,659
    Options

He had a flashlight save on The Game. The killer could have slugged, been close enough to a wall or could just bait the survivor out... or simply looked the other direction.

It's the killers fault, flashes are easily avoidable now especially if the survivors doesn't have SB.

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328
    Options

Lol yeah, like dealing with old haddonfield BL infinites, sweaty swf groups mocking the killer, getting insidious camped by Leatherface, having to spam spacebar on hook etc etc.

Yeah no. These aspects of the game are the main reason why I don't spent much money into the game as I would otherwise.

GG Mcote.

• Zamblot
    Options

He's making the dumbest arguments and basically arguing against any change disagreeing with me without saying they aren't broken but just essentially saying oh well deal with it. I'm not saying a stupid argument, I'm making a point and he's arguing against any criticism with the game just because it's there so you should deal with it and not strive for change. I'm not interested in some nonsensical argument saying I just need to move on from some random person when I point out a criticism with the game. A Mori ruins the game for everyone except the killer, I don't know a single survivor that likes playing against a Mori and tbh I don't even think most killers enjoy playing them.