What's up with toxic winners?

Options

I've been seeing it a lot since starting the game. Either a killer will kill me and then call me crap for not looping well enough, or a survivor will escape and just tell me I suck. Like...what's the point? I'm just here to play a game. Why be toxic if you outplayed me and won?

Comments

• ppo8820
    ppo8820 Member Posts: 763
    Options

Did you see what perks those survivors were running by chance? Seriously though I don’t get it either. I had to turn off messaging on ps4 because of hate messages. I got them from killers, survivors, and even survivors when I was playing survivor. People get so heated in this game but the sore winner is the worst.

• samination
    samination Member Posts: 312
    Options

Don't read it

• SpicyTopRamen
    SpicyTopRamen Member Posts: 68
    Options

I heard the console version was the worst about it. On pc, you can only talk to people in the pre and post game text chat. Unless you want to go through the effort of going to their steam profile and leaving a comment, but most smart players have them disabled.

• Nutty_Professor
    Nutty_Professor Member Posts: 621
    Options

Could it have been friendly advice or was it just them insulting you. As if I see a survivor waste pallets or struggled with looping. I'll give them some friendly advice on how to improve, refer them to Ohtofu's and Ussylis's tutorial videos.

Same if I see a killer struggle I'll give them advice, if I was able to notice their flaws.

• SpicyTopRamen
    Options

Naw, I'm fine with advice. Friendly or not. Here's an example of what I'm talking about though:

I was second to last alive, trying to get to the guy on the hook. Leatherface saw me and I sprintbursted away, but got caught on an object. So he chainsawed me and we lost. In post game chat he proceeds to say, "You ######### suck. Can't even loop with sprint burst, you boosted cow."

That's the kind of thing that makes me wonder.

• ppo8820
    ppo8820 Member Posts: 763
    Options

I got one guy who was a survivor on my team. He died and started messaging me saying I didn’t do anything, and caused us to lose. I did the only two gens that got done solo, did 3 unhooks, and a bunch of heals. When I saw him briefly, he had three crows circling his head right before he got killed. Then when I turned off messages,he hit follow which sends my ps4 an alert. He did this 40-50 times over next half hour just to annoy me. Talk about a psycho.

• Accullla
    Accullla Member Posts: 984
    Options

Sometimes I wish I played on pc so I could see what everyone's talking about. Apart from the occasional gg I never get any messages.

On topic: Sometimes insecure people need validation and when they don't receive the attention they require they proceed to seek it from others through insults/bragging, etc. Don't get stressed out over it.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267
    Options

I get them from time to time.

Killer, It's like, why in the hell are you talking [BAD WORD] to me? You already escaped.

Survivor, it's like, isn't a good thing that i can't loop very well or that you got me at all?

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752
    Options

better question: what competitive game doesn't have toxicity? its just the nature of having a ranking system

its not relegated to DBD, games like RS, League and Dota are vastly more toxic, even games you wouldn't expect like ARMA have people who DDoS/Dox you

you just get used to it

• illusion
    illusion Member Posts: 885
    Options

Some people are just toxic, win or lose. Don't encourage them by responding. Just realize that it is them, and it has nothing to do with you.. Hit continue and move on to the next match. :)

• cipherbay_
    cipherbay_ Member Posts: 379
    Options

I normally get a GG from killer but from survivor, my God "Get GUD killur Durr!" there is no winning because with those kinds of players because if you kill them... "you only one because (insert BS excuse here)"

• ithinkwedidprettygoo
    Options

i think they are not toxic winners, maybe angry kids

• Zender
    Zender Member Posts: 178
    Options

As killer when I get curb stomped in a match (rank 4) I’ve had survivors tell me about 7 times to “get dicked on” whatever that means. Or “rekt”.

had a survivor tell me “didn’t know you could buy red rank killer accounts” after they got four escaped with me playing infinite EW 3 Myers.

got to love it

• Krystress
    Krystress Member Posts: 52
    Options

I barely run into this on PC. I guess things are worse on console, which surprises me.

• dollbaby7870
    dollbaby7870 Member Posts: 27
    Options

A bunch of 12 year olds have consoles and only people with gaming computer can play on PC so that cuts down on the number of babied children. When I play Xbox it's nothing but trash talk no matter the game. On the PC it's usually gg or nothing at all. Occasionally people talk trash, win or lose, so if they do I just sit in the lobby and grab a bowl of popcorn!

• SpicyTopRamen
    Options

I think it's because survivors and the killer can message each other at any time through the console's chat. Whereas PC only has end game chat.