The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

[New Killer DLC_9] Potential Easter Egg: Kuchisake-onna (Mouth cut)

Th3Nightmare
Th3Nightmare Member Posts: 1,266
edited August 2018 in General Discussions

Picture of the past: date: Oct 26 2017 -->

Edit: It is NOT crossed out with the current blood marks.

Current picture: August 17, 2018. -->

Edit:It appears crossed out with some marks of blood.

Current teaser New Killer: August 17, 2018. -->

I do not understand, I need an explanation... but with regard to the painting of a long time ago, there are some blood stains and the wood of that house coincides with that of the new teaser of the new killer ...

Edit: I want to conclude that after investigating with a partner and following the suggestions of the developers: @Not_queen and Mcote, thanks to them I have arrived by looking at different maps and comparing them as they were 6 months ago, the key where is the "easter" egg "is in the picture of Freddy's map, where we see scratches where 6 months ago they did not appear and just today a teaser with certain scratches appears on a sliding door, I have to risk and say that we could be before: Kuchisake-onna Mouth cut

Post edited by Th3Nightmare on

Comments

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

Nice catch.

• Th3Nightmare

@ChesterTheMolester said:
    I think i have something. Google 
    Kuchisake-onna

Its based on some japanese folklore about a ghoulish woman who was mutilated by her husband with a glasgow smile who now randomly approaches victims and asks them if shes pretty, if they say yes she will give them a similar scar, if they say no she will attack them with sharp weapons.

She hides her scars and distorted mouth using a surgical mask. Feng has a cosmetic with a surgical mask and Trappers smile on it (I know shes chinese but still the only female asian in the game).

This Easter egg calls me one thing: Why did not those bloodstains or whatever come out a long time ago and now these marks come out in that painting that is linked to the new teaser?

The killer must be a "degoller"

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

Kuchisake-onna

Its based on some japanese folklore about a ghoulish woman who was mutilated by her husband with a glasgow smile who now randomly approaches victims and asks them if shes pretty, if they say yes she will give them a similar scar, if they say no she will attack them with sharp weapons.

She hides her scars and distorted mouth using a surgical mask. Feng has a cosmetic with a surgical mask and Trappers smile on it. 

Kind of cool if that is the case. We will have to see what the power and perks will be for killer and perks for survivor. They last several releases have been mixed and underwhelming, Survivor perks Tapp, Quentin, and Kate. Freddy(ok), Pig,(weak), Clown (mixed but nothing game changing).

• Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367
    edited August 2018

Kuchisake-onna seems likely. If not it's definitely something Japanese based.

Edit: Also I just realized this is kinda similar to Okiku from White Noise. She is Japanese and has claws too.

• Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088

Its Springwood, map of Freddy Krueger. Those marks most likely were left by his blade glove. It can't be true, its waaay too long playing easter egg. And finaly, in teaser we can see 3 marks, not 4.

• Th3Nightmare

@Salty_Pearl said:
    Kuchisake-onna seems likely. If not it's definitely something Japanese based.

Edit: Also I just realized this is kinda similar to Okiku from White Noise. She is Japanese and has claws too.

Why Kuchisake-onna? I have just discovered a painting in the past that does not appear SCRATCH MARKS .... I notice the same painting now and there are scratches ... and a Japanese "cut" themed mouth and it is related to the new killer with scratches. .

It looks and I could say that the next killer will be: Kuchisake-onna or something similar.

• Th3Nightmare

@Rattman said:
    Its Springwood, map of Freddy Krueger. Those marks most likely were left by his blade glove. It can't be true, its waaay too long playing easter egg. And finaly, in teaser we can see 3 marks, not 4.

and? He is not the only one to cause scratches ... Freddy was there more than 6 months ago and the scratches did not appear ... nowadays, scratches appear and it has to do with the new teaser.

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    Kuchisake-onna

Its based on some japanese folklore about a ghoulish woman who was mutilated by her husband with a glasgow smile who now randomly approaches victims and asks them if shes pretty, if they say yes she will give them a similar scar, if they say no she will kill them with sharp weapons.

She hides her scars and distorted mouth using a surgical mask. Feng has a cosmetic with a surgical mask and Trappers smile on it (I know shes chinese but still the only female asian in the game).
    That could probably explain the picture having her mouth slit. 
  • Th3Nightmare

@Iceman said:
    ChesterTheMolester said:

Kuchisake-onna

Its based on some japanese folklore about a ghoulish woman who was mutilated by her husband with a glasgow smile who now randomly approaches victims and asks them if shes pretty, if they say yes she will give them a similar scar, if they say no she will kill them with sharp weapons.

That could probably explain the picture having her mouth slit. 

the evidence is that CURRENTLY scratches appear and also in the new teaser of instagram today MARKS appear ... coincidence?

• BraveClem
    BraveClem Member Posts: 333

The 3 marks indicate that the killer is Small (they it opens the door looks like Kayako,and they are likely going to add Doors to the Game, (they wanted to do it long time ago)

• CL4P_TRAP_ER
    CL4P_TRAP_ER Member Posts: 114

The person you hear in the Instagram video has heavy steps and sounds like either boots or business shoes. So it might be a male. I think the picture has more to do with his lore. The women in the picture might be his wife or someone from his past.

not_queen said: "The answer is out there, have a closer look." and Dave said: We'd like to reveal more sooner but can't...It's watching." Both of these hints have to do with looking and I believe it has something to do with his ability/power. The next killer might have some power to see survivors with his ability. Without add-ons, Nightmare is the only killer who can see survivors with his ability (Doctor doesn't count because he can reveal where survivors are but not see them). And isn't it a coincidence that this painting is on Nightmare's map?

Plus look at the paintings to the left of the slashed painting. And if you watch the video and go frame by frame, you can see a slight phantom like arm as the screen fades. Butterflies, a raining village, closer look, Japanese room and ghosts? Sound familiar? To some of you, you'd immediately get the reference. I'm talking about the game: Fatal Frame.

Think about it. Japanese walls, butterflies and the fact the devs keep telling us to "take a closer look." For those of you who haven't played any Fatal Frame games(I've only played the 2nd), all of them take place in Japan and have to do with a camera. In order to avoid death, you have to use the camera and "take a closer look" to see the ghosts. I won't say anymore about the game to spoil it but it fits.

• SuperRavenSn1per
    SuperRavenSn1per Member Posts: 34

Kuchisake-onna

I was personally thinking of Teke Teke which is another Japanese urban legend.

• pandorayr
    pandorayr Member Posts: 597
    edited August 2018

@SuperRavenSn1per said:

Kuchisake-onna

I was personally thinking of Teke Teke which is another Japanese urban legend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9hmVXqoYps

need legs lul

Post edited by pandorayr on
  • megdonalds
    megdonalds Member Posts: 742

@CL4P_TRAP_ER said:
    The person you hear in the Instagram video has heavy steps and sounds like either boots or business shoes. So it might be a male. I think the picture has more to do with his lore. The women in the picture might be his wife or someone from his past.

not_queen said: "The answer is out there, have a closer look." and Dave said: We'd like to reveal more sooner but can't...It's watching." Both of these hints have to do with looking and I believe it has something to do with his ability/power. The next killer might have some power to see survivors with his ability. Without add-ons, Nightmare is the only killer who can see survivors with his ability (Doctor doesn't count because he can reveal where survivors are but not see them). And isn't it a coincidence that this painting is on Nightmare's map?

Plus look at the paintings to the left of the slashed painting. And if you watch the video and go frame by frame, you can see a slight phantom like arm as the screen fades. Butterflies, a raining village, closer look, Japanese room and ghosts? Sound familiar? To some of you, you'd immediately get the reference. I'm talking about the game: Fatal Frame.

Think about it. Japanese walls, butterflies and the fact the devs keep telling us to "take a closer look." For those of you who haven't played any Fatal Frame games(I've only played the 2nd), all of them take place in Japan and have to do with a camera. In order to avoid death, you have to use the camera and "take a closer look" to see the ghosts. I won't say anymore about the game to spoil it but it fits.

This would be so fkin awesome, please let it be true :O

• Action_Jaxon
    Action_Jaxon Member Posts: 73
    edited August 2018

Another hint pointing that you could be right would be Fengs surgical mask costume. Great detective work by the way.

(Sorry didn't see someone already posted about the mask)

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

The marks over that picture date back to at least Xmas 2017. A bit old for this trail of info, don't you think?

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

i think the scratches on the painting are there, because you took a screenshot of it while dreaming. freddys map has some interesting features hidden inside of it, when you are in the dream world, like tons of blood on the cars, which are not there when youre awake... i think this might be just one more of this nice little details.

• pandorayr
    edited August 2018

@WhateverIGuess said:
    I wonder if they somehow add the possibility to avoid her. What I mean is, in the myths and stories children learned some trick that gave them enough time to run away. If she asks you "Am I pretty?", simply reply with "You look normal." or "So-So.". Apparently it confused her and the children ran away.

Kuchisake-onna (口裂け女 : woman with her mouth cut)
    This is a good theory, we know that the new killer will has origin in Japan or China.

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    Hopefully the hints arent as bad and meaningless as before.

Remember when we got from the Hangman to Amanda Young?
  • Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457

Lol I wouldn’t call that meaningless because the hangman is a type of game that you play and involve guessing. Which is what every saw game deals with it.

However I am done looking for things, I will just wait for the official trailer next week. 
  • Mr_Jay_Stark
    Mr_Jay_Stark Member Posts: 539
    PLOT TWIST! It’s actually sally from the nightmare before Christmas  ;)  :p
  • xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816

She was my first thought when I saw the trailer.

But now I wonder if it’ll be a Kabuki style character...

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Very well done detective work! Big Kudos to you! 
  • MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

@Th3Nightmare said:
    the key where is the "easter" egg "is in the picture of Freddy's map, where we see scratches where 6 months ago they did not appear

These go back to at least December 2017. So that's 9 months.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

FYI for the OP: the next Chapter has the code DLC10, not DLC9 due to LEATHERFACE originally intended to have been a full Chapter.

• Shaidesu
    Shaidesu Member Posts: 2

Not really to burst the bubble here but those marks on Badham are RNG ever since it came out. They would appear at random. And I don't think the painting has any relevance to the new killer (I could always be wrong). But what someone had showed that the marks on the paper windows could possibly represent the Japanese numbers 2 and 3.

Reference:

Teaser:

It's not a big revelation but if these marks in fact represent 2 and 3, we could have more information about the killer on August 23rd during their dev stream. But just a theory among others.

For the Easter eggs, the devs did say the hints are hiding in plain sight, practically. And I haven't really gotten the chance to actually look around yet. This is all I could really give on my speculation.

Your theory was pretty good overall. :)

• CL4P_TRAP_ER

@Th3Nightmare said:
    Edit: I want to conclude that after investigating with a partner and following the suggestions of the developers: @Not_queen and Mcote, thanks to them I have arrived by looking at different maps and comparing them as they were 6 months ago, the key where is the "easter" egg "is in the picture of Freddy's map, where we see scratches where 6 months ago they did not appear and just today a teaser with certain scratches appears on a sliding door, I have to risk and say that we could be before: Kuchisake-onna Mouth cut

The thing is that in the video, the killer has heavy footsteps. They sound like boots or business shoes. So I don't think the killer is female. The women in the picture must be someone from his past/lore. I'm still with the theory that the killer still might be her and she just has heavier steps. After watching the Instagram video frame by frame, you can see for a split second a phantom like arm. So I still believe that the killer might be her because of the phantom arm and picture but because in the video the killer has heavy footsteps, I'm not sure...

• Pirscher
    Pirscher Member Posts: 604

This would be great! Very horror orientated Here´s hoping that cut mouth lady is the killer.

I can not in any way associate horror with a teacher and find that idea very unexciting.

Greetz

• Canextro
    Canextro Member Posts: 71

I so hope that it's a fatal frame killer. That'd be badass.
  • SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146

Holy ######### it's wolverine!

• JovialCub
    JovialCub Member Posts: 88

Is her weapon going to be scissors like the bride in soul at stake?

• Unit
    Unit Member Posts: 190
    BraveClem said:

The 3 marks indicate that the killer is Small (they it opens the door looks like Kayako,and they are likely going to add Doors to the Game, (they wanted to do it long time ago)

YESSSSS I WANT DOORS TOOOOO
  • Boaris030
    Boaris030 Member Posts: 145

I thought those pictures on the wall were Nancy? If they're the newer killer cool :0

• Boaris030
    Boaris030 Member Posts: 145

I thought those pictures on the wall were Nancy? If they're the newer killer cool :0

• KillingInstinct
    KillingInstinct Member Posts: 272

@Th3Nightmare said:

I do not understand, I need an explanation... but with regard to the painting of a long time ago, there are some blood stains and the wood of that house coincides with that of the new teaser of the new killer ...

Holy #########! Nice investigating there! I think it highly likely because if u look at the doors of the actual teaser u can notice them being Asian, same goes for the door ''windows''

• pandorayr

@Shaidesu said:
    Not really to burst the bubble here but those marks on Badham are RNG ever since it came out. They would appear at random. And I don't think the painting has any relevance to the new killer (I could always be wrong). But what someone had showed that the marks on the paper windows could possibly represent the Japanese numbers 2 and 3.

Reference:

Teaser:

It's not a big revelation but if these marks in fact represent 2 and 3, we could have more information about the killer on August 23rd during their dev stream. But just a theory among others.

For the Easter eggs, the devs did say the hints are hiding in plain sight, practically. And I haven't really gotten the chance to actually look around yet. This is all I could really give on my speculation.

Your theory was pretty good overall. :)

Interesting..maybe this killer is a spirit

• CL4P_TRAP_ER

@Canextro said:
    CL4P_TRAP_ER said:

I so hope that it's a fatal frame killer. That'd be badass.

I've been looking into which Fatal Frame killer it would be and the Himuro family master sticks out from the first Fatal Frame game.
    Here's his picture:

His lore is about how he killed a lot of people after he was driven insane. After he killed a lot of people he killed himself. The women in the picture might be his daughter. His daughter fell in love with a guy who would visit on occasion. But the thing was she could have any ties to the "physical" world so the killer had some people kill him. When she found out about this his daughter became depressed and because of that the ritual failed causing the dad to go insane.

However, I wonder if that counts as him being a licensed killer. Because they said no licensed killers. Hmmmmm.....

• BlackMercury
    BlackMercury Member Posts: 172
    edited August 2018

When I saw the hangman and determined perks, I personally called it'd be Saw.
    Made sense to me, a determined survivor and a killer good at engineering.

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101
    edited August 2018

getting back to those scratch marks....

those 4 scratch marks can also be seen in the same house on the stairway going down to that basement area....

Also the same pic of that woman can be found in another house on the 2nd floor of the same map... with no scratch marks.

I tried to look more but Billy didn't want me sightseeing. I don't know if these were there prior... just looking out for unusual scratches now... even if these remind me of Freddy...

• douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316
    Th3Nightmare said: the same scratches appear on an ambulance outside on the same map. They weren't there before.

• douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316
    Just incase the post doesn't work as I want I am gonna post here as well. I found the same scratches the nightmare did on an ambulance outside on the same map which weren't there before. Also Freddy has five claws this only shows 3 claw marks.
  • RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

@CL4P_TRAP_ER said:

@Th3Nightmare said:

The thing is that in the video, the killer has heavy footsteps. They sound like boots or business shoes. So I don't think the killer is female. The women in the picture must be someone from his past/lore. I'm still with the theory that the killer still might be her and she just has heavier steps. After watching the Instagram video frame by frame, you can see for a split second a phantom like arm. So I still believe that the killer might be her because of the phantom arm and picture but because in the video the killer has heavy footsteps, I'm not sure...

I'm speculating it's a male killer; they've stated in a Q&A (or stream?) once that The Entity takes valuable things to them and crafts it in its world to really create a response. It'd make sense if this is his wife... A painting of her is definitely valuable. but we'll find out soon enough.

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    edited August 2018

As long as its a Japanese Killer i am happy, it would be a nice Collab with Identity V

about time Japanese community get a japanese killer

theres 2 and 3 in kanji so hopefully we get news on the 23th

it will be so awesome ;)

• Th3Nightmare

@douggie123 said:
    Th3Nightmare said: the same scratches appear on an ambulance outside on the same map. They weren't there before.

--> Kuchisake-onna with a scissors

• PianoMan
    PianoMan Member Posts: 23

I'm pretty sure those marks have always been there on that map, i think its random per house, but i do see what your getting at with the painting. Very interesting.