Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Just a question, legit just want to take a poll.

Just want to see where the community stands on the situation.

Do you really believe the devs favor the survivor player base more than the killers?

Comments

• Quiet_Observer
    Quiet_Observer Member Posts: 68

Can you tell me why you think that? I agree with you, I just want to see other people's opinions

• ElementDoom
    ElementDoom Member Posts: 166

Just look at the way the dev post was worded today. Every single change for both the doctor and ruin was stated from a survivors point of view. I think what angers me the most about this whole situation is that ever since I started playing this game several years ago killers have constantly complained about how quickly gens get done. Now instead of fixing it the devs have started stripping away any tools the killer has to combat it (Freddy, Legion, Dying light to an extent) with Ruin being the straw that's going to break the camels back. It's clear that killer frustration means nothing even after years of voicing it and survivor experience is of utmost priority.

• ryanrobot
    ryanrobot Member Posts: 21

Yes mostly because of the phrasing of the patch notes. They repeatedly said things like "unfun for survivors" and "not enough risk for killers." It especially baffles me that with how unpopular and weak the doctor is, they wouldn't even consider the killer's side when reworking him. They genuinely gave no effort to make it look like the doctor rework was for the killer's benefit. In fact, it was pretty clear that the doctor rework was for the survivor's benefit. How do you rework a weak, unused killer for the survivor's benefit? And they never even bothered asking WHY over 90% of red rank killers use ruin, they just nerfed it with zero care to the aftermath of the actual game itself.

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927
    edited January 2020

Yeah. Every reasoning they give for nerfs and changes lately allude to "survivors don't like it, so we changed it."

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Not to the extent some say, but overall yes.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987

Absolutely. This is coming from someone who used to firmly believe the opposite. There is no denying it now

• Quiet_Observer
    Quiet_Observer Member Posts: 68

The thing is we aren't saying survivors never get nerfed they do. But its so far and in between and usually when they "nerf" a survivor perk its still good/strong (for the most part) but when they nerf killers perks/abilities they tend to overnerf it. The ruin change probably would have been a lot less hated if they just didn't make it a totem perk still.

The fact that ruin was nerfed and still continues to be a totem perk which 70-80% of the time survivors see and cleanse in the first few seconds of a game is the problem. Its an end game perk now that can be completely erased in the beginning stages of the game.

• goat10em
    goat10em Member Posts: 749

No other way to see it. It's extremely obvious

• JC316
    JC316 Member Posts: 693

Absolutely survivor biased.

• DeKillerKiller
    DeKillerKiller Member Posts: 547

I'd like to believe the devs are well-intentioned. They want to make the best game they possibly can for both sides.

However, they are doing it in some of the most grossly incompetent ways I've seen in a long time. The timing for the recent Designer's Notes change was just not excellent. And it sparks what can only be described as a Great Fire across the forums.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

As much as I would like to believe otherwise, the evidence says when push comes to shove, Survivor's get priority

• Chaotic_Riddle
    Chaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,953

‘Some’

Yes, I suppose the 3 developers before the changes do count as ‘some’, don’t they?

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

Yes.

• ProfessorDunwich
    ProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 1,514

No doubt in my mind. They have a Survivor 1st mindset. The Killer experience is a distant 2nd.

• Jallybwan
    Jallybwan Member Posts: 472

The devs know there are Killers in this game?

• SuperiorityComplex
    SuperiorityComplex Member Posts: 63

Honestly you can’t even argue they don’t anymore. Their recent changes and today’s designer notes are stone cold proof that the survivor experience is their 1st priority without regard for the killers most of the time.

• Zenro
    Zenro Member Posts: 319

Yes i believe they do. They don't neglect killer fully but most issues are shrugged off it seems from anything I have read. We will see if Borrowed and Decisive Strike get touched as they are heavily abused by teams. Doubt it. Also Killer audio bug has been in the game for a month or more and nothing. But if it were survivor audio it would be fixed in a week. I think maps and layouts in general need a look at.

• Zenro
    Zenro Member Posts: 319

I love the part where they list the benefits of the new Ruin change and every benefit is for survivor, not Killer.

• Flawless_
    Flawless_ Member Posts: 323

I really want to believe they don’t but unfortunately their decisions in the last few months prove otherwise. When the basement glitch happened after the last patch they released a hotfix after only a couple of days. Meanwhile there’s still audio issues with footsteps and dying survivors.

The developer update was the last straw for me. They’re not even trying to hide their bias anymore and I sincerely feel they’re out of touch with the community. If the changes do go live I’m switching to Civilization...or any other game. It’s not like there’s nothing else to play.

• Xerge
    Xerge Member Posts: 928

Yes. The main objective is easy and I have a ton of second chances and safe spaces as a survivor, and there's 4 of us with the same amount of second chances and safe spaces.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

The forums have a Polls section, by the way.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Yes.

The devs have a track record of being biased toward survivors.

• Keene_Kills
    Keene_Kills Member Posts: 649

Kinda' difficult to deny it at this point, isn't it?