Comments

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

Why is NO ONE mentioning French Toast?

• Widowmaker8197
    Widowmaker8197 Member Posts: 88
    Options

"Your data is very far fetched". That was my argument kiddo.

• snowflake102
    snowflake102 Member Posts: 2,188
    Options

I'm sure they won't leave this game. Cause there's no other horror game out there besides last year. But yea sure some will leave. Survivors said these things before like when ds and balance lending got nerfed.

• Widowmaker8197
    Options

Yeah. When a good killer perks gets nerfed, killers will freak out and threaten to leave.

When a good survivor perk gets nerfed, survivors will freak out and threaten to leave.

Pretty balanced if you ask me lol

• Butcher_Pete
    Butcher_Pete Member Posts: 29
    Options

Sounds like a you problem. The devs shouldn’t have to change the game because people like you can’t hit skill checks. That’s just pandering and the expense of everyone else.

• Katastrophecy
    Katastrophecy Member Posts: 10
    Options

You know that isn't an argument, right? That's an uninformed dismissal of actual counter points. FYI, his statistics of game speed are correct, although at the more extreme end of the spectrum—the points still stand. And remain completely uncontested.

• Widowmaker8197
    Options

Fine. You wanna hear me thoughts on all of it? Map reworks: yeah some maps could use reworks that would benefit both survivors and killers.

Some killers could use buffs to be brought up with other killers.

Most perks seem fine as is.

I'm a survivor main so gen speed is automatically balanced ;)

Tile placement? It's... Weird.

• ryanrobot
    ryanrobot Member Posts: 21
    Options

Also Identity V and Friday the 13th. And I think DBD really needs the competition. And yes with how big some maps are and how strong toolboxes are killers will absolutely leave without ruin. It's already been slowly happening for a while.

• I_eat_glue
    I_eat_glue Member Posts: 23
    Options

how about making it easier for console then. 30 fps and 60 fps is a big difference . Ruin was not broken, and didnt need a change. ( at least not on pc where the fps is actually decent lmao ) but this change is a step in the wrong direction. I used to play on console a while back and i do admit, 30 fps ruin checks are not the most fun part of the game. But thats a console based problem. On pc ruin isnt a problem. If you cant hit the skillchecks then maybe you should either

A) look for totem

B) take the killers attention so your team can complete gens.

skillchecks are just a part of the learning the game. over time you get better and you can hit them. These changes are to help the new players. the rank 20-15 players that cant hit them yet. Once you get into higher ranks, ruin is was less powerful than it is in low ranks. There are ways around ruin, i dont think making it a bad perk and keeping it a hex still is a good idea.

• Widowmaker8197
    Options

I have played identity V and never really got into it, as it was mobile and the controls felt... Ugh.

Oooh a ruin + surveillance meta? Sounds interesting.

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238
    edited January 2020
    Options

Coming from a survivor struggling to stay in rank 1.

We've heard plenty about how survivors feel from BHVR already. And shouldn't staying in rank 1 be a challenge? Why should it be easy?

How much do you play killer? Do you play killer at all? Have you played killer in high ranks (or at least green/purple) with and without ruin to know the difference?

The new ruin changes are needed.

Sure it needed change, but we also needed an alternative way for killers to be able to slow down the early game. We didn't get that. They did half a job.

The devs are starting to realize the game shouldn't be balanced around the killer getting 4 kills every single game

Starting to? The game has literally never been balanced that way, not even close. Have you seen how survivor-sided this game was a couple of years ago?

Gen rushing doesn't exist.

It does exist, but not in the way you mean. It's the state of the game right now. Gens go too fast, and most killers are too weak to stop it without help.

Also, you can't kick a regressing gen. The gens will regress at a HALF of a survivor's repair speed at all times when not being worked on. Again, you can't kick a gen while Ruin is up.

A lot of maps are way too big for killers with no mobility powers to be able to pressure gens. If a clown spawns on the opposite side of the map from survivors on certain maps, they can repair a gen before the killer even gets there. The new Ruin wouldn't do anything in the situation, as the survivors have no reason to stop working on the gen. They will also likely find Ruin and destroy it before it even matters, much like how Devour Hope often gets found before the survivors even know about it.

Edit: Apparently default gen regression was even slower than I thought.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267
    Options

Devs are just wanting data and depending on the data it will give the outcome to Ruin and other things in the ptb. I am worried for how it will effect certain killers, but it is ptb. It is subject to change nothing is for certain until it goes live. Just play it (Use Ruin) so they can get their data so they can make their adjustments.

• GamerCustard
    GamerCustard Member Posts: 59
    Options

Ruin is perfectly fine as it is. From what im seeing, I will say, literally everyone saying otherwise and that the ruin nerf is necessary.. is a survivor main.. And from what it sounds like to me, survivor mains who feel like it's their right to an easy game and to escape every single match.

Yes, a lot of the time I will say that I don't believe gen-rushing exists, based on my own experiences where I have no idea there are other people doing gens til they pop.. but now, taking notice of fellow survivors I can say that in some senses, such as SWF groups(due to the coordination/knowledge of gens) maybe it does. However, while I agree it's our objective to do gens, the issue is NOT ruin, because the killer stands no chance when things like this happen. And with the screwed up matchmaking, it's becoming more and more common with low rank killers getting smashed by higher rank survivors. The problem is that survivors need second objectives, just as important as the generators. Gen-rushing can have a lot to do with lack of pressure, but that is not the killers fault. All it takes is one mistake for a killer and the game is lost. Survivors have room for multiple mistakes, and this is an imbalance that MUST be recognised and fixed.

Y'all saying Git Gud to killers? Telling them to quit if they don't like it? Ok. Enjoy your even longer matchmaking times. Why don't you switch to killer for a bit to test it out? Oh wait, no, let me guess, you're a rank 1 red killer who knows how "balanced" it is. If not? Yes, go play killer. If you stop, feel free to tell me why you aren't enjoying it. Getting gen-rushed? Guess you gotta Git Gud. Toxic Survivors? Git Gud. Stop complaining. Tell me how you find the emblem system. Play just as relaxed as you would as a survivor. How far will you get?

You shouldn't use killers having to get 3/4k kills per match as "balanced" to justify getting rid of ruin. The killers know this isn't fair either but they have to work their ######### asses off if they want to keep their ranks. This is a breeze for Survivors, because they can still double pip even if they die(self healing gives survival points). Like, you are complaining that killers get 3/4k per game but when they get gen-rushed or bring in ruin they aren't skilled and need to git gud? Nah dude. What, Ruin is a "clutch" perk? Sure. Fine, once again, be my guest and play without ruin. Sure, it's possible but Ruin helps balance a game out, because the other option is to just use the few killers that could cope without it. Then What? Y'all come back to the forums and talk about how these few useable killers need a nerf?

You shouldn't go ahead and bless the ruin nerf without looking at the underlying problems. Why is there such a high percentage using it? Even in red ranks? Y'all are about to tell all the killers to git gud for using Ruin, tell it to the new survivors too, who the nerf is apparently being catered for.

• Oshi
    Oshi Member Posts: 306
    Options

Enjoy 50% of killer online decrease, genrusher surv mains. Patch that you deserve.

• Zagrid
    Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000
    Options

Ok Survivor main. At least you qualify for a job at BHVR game design.

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632
    Options

Even though that's greatly untrue. When Balanced Landing got nerfed people didn't threaten to leave. Because the majority of the players knew that Balanced Landing created awful infinite loops, and they still had Dead Hard which was far superior. It was a fair balance move. At the same time, both these perks the survivor doesn't require to do well - it only allows players to ignore a mistake till exhaustion runs out.

Killers on the other hand - depending on the killer have perks that they require to take in order to even have a fair game against a survivor of equal skill. Ruin being one of them that many killers have to rely on simply to balance the awful gen repair speed.

You're digging yourself a hole.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,947
    Options

You act like this isn't already what's happening now lol all I do is run into Sluggers and campers and the same handful of killers running the same exact perks.

• DBDIT
    DBDIT Member Posts: 172
    Options

This. Yea the killer mains needed this nerf to their ego's as well, but PopGTW is about to be the new OP perk because I'm willing to bet killers still won't go around kicking gens because it's "too hard" for them.

• BrendanLeeT
    BrendanLeeT Member Posts: 272
    Options

"If people are holding m1 on gens and escaping easily like that then does that not mean there is something wrong with the skill of the killer?"

If people can't hit great skill checks is that not something wrong with the skill of the survivor?

• Callmehandsome
    Callmehandsome Member Posts: 529
    Options

Generator regress fast already? currently generator regresses 10% EVERY 40 seconds. Is this fast to you?

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,354
    Options

Who judges the skill of a survivor based on the amount of Greats they hit?

• kcwolf1975
    kcwolf1975 Member Posts: 651
    Options

I am not going to complain about the change before I can see it in action. If it does end up killing ruin then i will find another perk, no big deal.

I am just puzzled as to why they would do this out of the blue. There seems to be a lack of killers atm, and this just seems like something that will only make that worse.

FYI I play both sides on ps4, killer queues are instant, 3 to 5 minute waits for survivor. Also it is typically rank 2 to 4 survivors vs rank 8 to 10 killer. That is why I think there is a killer shortage.

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968
    Options

Yeah, because their mind is balancing around rank 15s not red ranks. Did you not see how the post was worded?

• silverwolf4455
    silverwolf4455 Member Posts: 496
    Options
  • Archimedes5000
    Archimedes5000 Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

Ruin is HAGs perk

Maybe changes are needed, but not if its useless for Hag and Trapper then whats the point of Ruin

Ruin is supposed to slow down early game and give time for preparation, new ruin doesnt do that in any way.

• USELESS
    USELESS Member Posts: 1,151
    Options

What about survivors nerfs, makes a real long time that they don't have any. Only killers get nerfed now days. They are blind and don't see this

• EverflowingRiver
    EverflowingRiver Member Posts: 562
    Options

I read it. I'm well aware of who they are balancing for

• FearlessHunter
    FearlessHunter Member Posts: 530
    Options

People forgetting that everyone has the right to voice their opinion...

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Options

Clearly they're saying that if you're slugged you cannot do gens. Stop acting like this is killer mains Vs survivor mains when it's clearly killers Vs game balance in favour of survivor being made easier.

• Aura_babyy
    Aura_babyy Member Posts: 583
    Options

I like white chocolate

• Negan4891
    Negan4891 Member Posts: 53
    Options

German chocolate cake. Yum. Thanks guys for making me hungry

• ppo8820
    ppo8820 Member Posts: 763
    Options

I agree. The games been so killer sided and they’ve had it easy getting quick 4ks and not really having to learn any skills.

• Fleece
    Fleece Member Posts: 253
    Options

Joke post

• Monika
    Monika Member Posts: 113
    Options

Soo....Let's put it this way, Ruin is still a Hex Totem, so it can be destroyed within 30 seconds, STILL. Secondly ruin is used on killers who's weaknesses is gen pressure. I want you to run Hag, without Ruin for one high red rank game. By the time traps are set you've lost a generator, repeat this playing as trapper, repeat this playing as any killer who has to rely on early game slow downs to even have a chance.

And yes I do run corrupt on my hag, and my trapper. But you waste the first 30 ish seconds of corrupt just setting down traps applying 0 pressure and leave yourself with just about a minute to actually apply a pressure and keep a momentum, which can also be easily lost by DS, or one of the many pallet or god loops. Or as some maps stand some of the still current INFINITE LOOPS that require you to break a pallet. But Ruin is unfair.

And let me teach you a fun fact as killer, if there are two people on a gen you can only chase one. Effectively making the said "great totem" useless.

And insidious camping doesn't exist, you just can't hear the heartbeat anymore cause the killer walked away.

• Widowmaker8197
    Options

Nah. YOU are the joke my friend.

Don't wanna get looped with vaults? Bring bamboozle. Don't wanna get looped with pallets? There's a limited number of them on the map + bring brutal strength. Once there's 2 or 1 gens left to do it will be harder for survivors to do gens because your patrol route will be shorter, which will apply enough pressure to chase survivors and get those hooks. By the time there's 2 gens left, there should be minimal pallets left on the map for survivors to use.

• Fleece
    Fleece Member Posts: 253
    Options
  • DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495
    Options

Hope you don't mind going up against top tier killers then. Remember the fun diversity? It's gone. Don't blame the killers, blame the devs.

• BrendanLeeT
    BrendanLeeT Member Posts: 272
    Options

Oh man but remember when the killers told survivors to use Iron will if they don't like going against Spirit? They were flamed saying why should they bring a perk when it might not even be against a Spirit?

Oh the irony, I hate it when people say to killers "just use X perk to counter" (bandaid) but when the killers tell survivors to use perks to counter they are just met with "You can't use a perk to counter an issue LUL"

• ruler33
    ruler33 Member Posts: 244
    edited January 2020
    Options

ruin is required though on some maps since on maps like red forest it literally takes you half a gen on most killers just to get to the other side of the map also just because gen rushing doesn't exist doesn't mean gens aren't fast af. Also don't get me wrong i hate ruin i hate runing it i would much rather run something else but in some situations your forced to run it or lose

• TicTokCringe
    TicTokCringe Member Posts: 39
    Options

Inexperienced survivors. Learn how to win without ruin

• [Deleted User]
    Options

If they would listen and form a response, and say what their plans are to address the other side's concerns....then it would all stop immediately.

People get the ruin nerf to a degree, but the fact that it still has the same huge problem it did before on top of being nerfed is what is annoying; feels like they solved all the survivor side problems and ignored any killer side complaints. Feels one sided.

• MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053
    Options

killers rely on ruin because they have no time to breathe and even move around the map without a generator being completed.

A ruin change is welcome, but its currently too early for one. If it was changed within the same update that the early game was updated to reflect on the change killer mains would be happy.

Killers hate using ruin as much as survivors hate going against it, its a perk we shouldnt need but we have to use it to balance out the early gens going too fast.