Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Are there any no-ruin killers here?

2»

Comments

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

I'm one here. To be fair I don't play enough to constantly be rank 1 or anything but I've been red ranks a fair amount of time and I still didn't need it. I think in the year and few months I've had the game, I've used it 2 times. Just to try it out.

• Huff

Also this

"I'm going to give them something to cry about"

"BHVR caused this, not me."

You ok there?

• I dont even have ruin since my hag is lvl 5 but i dont think the changes are appropriate, I dont feel like we should coddle the new players especially at the cost of the old player base, a lot of killers are heavily in need of a buff for more variaty in the game and i feel we need more strong killer and survivor perks to also help with that. Not destroy decent perks especially ones that yknow can be get rid of with a bad spawn.

• JC316
    JC316 Member Posts: 693

I'm good. Going to be even better once I throw my nice gamer mentality out the window and start playing as sweaty as possible.

• samination
    samination Member Posts: 312

Me! People are just kneejerk angry overreacting as normal. Remember the smart change to DS? This is that just all over again. Watch how in a month or so everyone will be using it again saying it's better. Just watch.

• LemeTheMeme
    LemeTheMeme Member Posts: 403

Occasionally, I will run ruin on killers like Huntress and Stealth killers, but other than that, I don't use it. Makes you rely on it to apply pressure, when you should be able to apply consistent pressure if you are truly a red rank killer.

I usually use CI or PGTW, since they are consistent and I feel like I have to rely on myself rather than a perk to actually do well.

• Huff

Whatever floats your boat dude. It's not a very good look to openly enjoy ruining the gaming experience for others, but... Different strokes for different folks.

• LemeTheMeme
    LemeTheMeme Member Posts: 403

Oddly enough, I am really interested in a build with ruin and surveillance now. Looks really fun and it gives more information than a lot of other perks.

• JC316
    JC316 Member Posts: 693

Devs are ruining the gaming experience for killers, so I am going to spread the love. When killers have the tools to enjoy the game, I will stop. Until then, welcome to the jungle.

• Polychrome_Baku
    Polychrome_Baku Member Posts: 404

When I played, I only used Ruin on clown. Since he has no map pressure and that was the point of Ruin. I was a Trapper main and relied on Corrupt Intervention as my crutch perk. Since any perk that helps you win is a "crutch" now.

• mylesmylo
    mylesmylo Member Posts: 354

Well I'm practically a killer main now because of waiting times as a survivor, and as rank 10 killer I get put in with red ranks every single match, which is bad enough, and because I know I will be playing them, I don't bother with ruin, because I know before I take my second melee hit on someone, it will gone 😂 so I just don't bother with it. If I play hag then I might, just because I know I got some kinda protection for it, but yeah I just avoid it 99% of the time and try other things

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,221

I'm not 100% no-Ruin. But I don't even run it on Clown and do ok at red ranks. But even going back to when I had 500-600 hrs, yeah, I felt like Ruin was 100% mandatory. There are ways to play around not having it, but I don't think the game is necessarily about to get more fun for survivors.

• DepressedClownMain
    DepressedClownMain Member Posts: 924

I cant say the perks I use because they might be nerfed next week

• DarkSoul620
    DarkSoul620 Member Posts: 2

Im confused are you using me as a " This is accurate " or are you berating me for not being in purple- red ranks? Either way the rare times i played my lvl 1 Hag Ruin showed how strong it was. It needed a nerf, but not this. This was overkill.

• It's not that great of a perk, no perk is good to you when it's gone in the first 30 seconds for the rest of the whole match.

• Exxodus21
    Exxodus21 Member Posts: 1,170
    edited January 2020

Look, you have people that play this game for a living, meaning more than40 hours per week that tell you Ruin is needed because maps and gen speed are BS, and you can see on VOD what they are talking about. Then you have random forum posters that claim to 4k every trial with no-addon Clown who say Ruin is a garbage crutch. Even Scott Jund who is normally survivor sided said that this change is bad because you can't get 12 hooks, exacerbated by perks and addons, in most matches especially on large maps. That's all you need to know.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

Yes and no. In the Plague build I've been spamming recently I don't use it, and generally I favour PGtW, but there's certainly some killers I like to run it on.

I'm less frustrated that they deleted nerfed it and more that they did nothing in return to fix the issue that it's a bandaid for.

80% of high rank players use it, MAYBE THAT'S COS 80% OF PLAYERS SEE AN ISSUE IN THE EARLY GAME.

Nobody cares whether it's better or worse or more fun against new players, it's the other 95% of the playerbase that knows early game gen speed is problematic.

• LivUndead
    LivUndead Member Posts: 69

For me its a per killer basis. Some killers i run it others i don't. That's the beauty of the killers there's is not 1 perk set fits all.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

As a survivor, Pop and Corrupt Intervention are way more effective against me. I run Small Game because Ruin is so strong on console and I usually cleanse within 30 seconds. This change won't make a difference in how I play. I'm going to run around at the start and cleanse all the totems, dull or hex. I'm not getting smacked with NOED and I know most survivors won't even cleanse one dull totem, so it's up to me.

• TimeMonster
    TimeMonster Member Posts: 152

Since the relise of the hag and her HEX perks - i was trying alot of things. I never considered RUIN as MUST be perk because... well - i play for ultimate fun! Mostly playing with absolutly ridiculous builds both on survivor and killer.

Depending on whitch killer - i have different build, but my favorite always will be legion with thatnatophobia, agitation, Iron Maiden, Mad Grit

And for survivor - no mither (i think that says everything)

So yeah - gonna enjoy alot of deaths, mostly my own. Never really was a fan of 4k or kills at least

• DeKillerKiller
    DeKillerKiller Member Posts: 547

I'm a no-ruin killer.

I hate the perk, hate seeing someone use it whenever I play survivor, and will always go out of my way to encourage people to not use it.

That said, I can understand why some people use it. Early game pressure is very important for the killer, and Ruin is an easy way to create early game pressure without much effort. Not to mention most killers can't really pressure early gens all that well compared to killers like Nurse or Spirit.

• anormalman
    anormalman Member Posts: 105

I'm red rank 3 noob. Legion, Docter, Wraith main.

In my poor opinion, No ruin is not meta.

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131

I can count on one had the amount of games I used ruin.

The ruin changes don't bother me.

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,447
    edited January 2020

Depends on the killer I’m playing. I usually use it because the killers I like to play either don’t apply a lot of pressure or can be looped easily. I feel like Ruin is needed for certain killers like Trapper or Hag who have a slow start early game and utilize ruin to set traps so they don’t get gen rushed immediately. Killers like Nurse & Hillbilly don’t really need ruin because they’re good at applying pressure unlike half the killers.

• NurseMainBTW
    NurseMainBTW Member Posts: 531

Good to see so many no ruin users!

• DonZwiebel
    DonZwiebel Member Posts: 136
    edited January 2020

I dont use Ruin (anymore). Most of my killers I play either Corrupt Intervention, Pop goes the weasel or Thanatophobia in different combinations.

My Hag usually has Corrupt intervention, STBFL, Dark Devotion and Thanatophobia(or Pop instead of Thana depends on the map I want to play)

Corrupt intervention usually gives me enough setup time or on bigger maps makes the survivors come much closer to my web so I can catch one or two before any gens are done.

• Xzan
    Xzan Member Posts: 907

Another non-Ruin Killer reporting in. I don't need it to reach Rank 1. so the changes don't bother me much as a Killer.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

I dont use it on killers im good with but the change still pisses me off

• StereoHEAD43
    StereoHEAD43 Member Posts: 53

Heavy Ruin user here, still sad about the changes. If it doesn't go down within the first few minutes or got a few hooks in, then it done it's job. But still, the nerf screws down killers without fast downing abilities or ones that need set up. Demo, hag, Trapper comes to mind.

I tried using Oni without Ruin for a few games, it is still doable (at least in Rank 10) because of Oni's one shot and map pressure. Same goes for hillbilly.

Still, I feel like most non-mobile killers will end up using Corrupt or Thrilling or PoP

• Accullla
    Accullla Member Posts: 984
    edited January 2020

I don't use ruin and gen perks in general. With good tracking and quick chases you don't need any gen regression/slowdown, as that happens naturally when survivors have no choice, but to get off the gens. My builds consist of tracking perks and perks that help shorten chases

• DBDfan12
    DBDfan12 Member Posts: 163
  • siren_sorceress
    siren_sorceress Member Posts: 321

Never used ruin consistently. 2kd on average as myers in 2017 without it. Never ever used it or needed it on Spirit. Surveillance is where it's at.

• Noobe
    Noobe Member Posts: 152

i never used ruin and i only play killer, but sadly my opinion wont matter because everyone will just throw out hate anyways

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

I don't like to use it, but it's necessary for experimentation. I prefer to use Dying Light/Dark Devotion myself...

• Agandaur1
    Agandaur1 Member Posts: 10

I play hag and trapper alot using corrupt instead of ruin, to help set up a perimeter. On my best games I never leave one half of the map. Be territorial with them

• Gorgonzola
    Gorgonzola Member Posts: 176

I don't use ruin only on a few killers, like Pig(Corrupt is a better choice for her) or Plague.

I won;t play Clown or Doctor anymore most likely. Without ruin they are worthless and Doctor is gonna be even more worthless apparently.

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869

I mean, do any of you even play hag? Because without ruin, she has much less time to set up in the early game and so this is basically a nerf to her gameplay. It is her perk, after all.

• Dr_doom_j2

Did this man just say whispers??? Who the ######### is this thread for?

• LustForBP
    LustForBP Member Posts: 611

I don’t use it. I got bombarded for saying you don’t need Ruin to win. Provided screenshot proofs and all and the excuses I got were my other perks or add ons, which prove the point Ruin isn’t a necessity.

• Dr_doom_j2

When I saw Scott Jund had to comment on a poorly handled killer nerf, I said this must be horrible, that man basically shills for survivor side

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318

Back when Nurse was fun and useable I never ran Ruin because it took up slots for better and more interesting perks.

But now that both have had their kneecaps shattered I don't see any reason to run it without a dedicated build around it.

• Apple2o
    Apple2o Member Posts: 624

Sure, I have already swapped to corrupt intervention instead. But I mostly am done playing the weak killers, like clown, who kinda need it if you are serious about a 4k.

There's plenty of overpowered killer characters who can get away without using it. Why do you think every streamer in the world plays huntress?

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

Used ruin a few times in the past when I first got hag levelled up.

Never liked using the perk as I felt the need to protected it too much and it made me worse over time as a killer.

Took it off and never looked back.

I prefer perks which help in a chase as good survivors powered through the gens anyway. I learnt to mind Camelot better which in turn slowed the game down naturally as one being hooked, one going for the save and I'm chasing another means at least three are off gens anyway.

I also found out by leaving the hook and not patrolling they are more likely to heal for the points. Every little helps and by that point the 3rd is generally downed. Yes you get the odd instant save but I can slug or activate BT and just chase the unhooker.

It's also noticed a change in the mindset when players feel they can save more freely and feel under less pressure. I found players tried to rush more with ruin as they just wanted out and were a lot more try hard.

• Fleece
    Fleece Member Posts: 253

Me and it's miserable

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

Lol what dude? Whispers is a great perk for early and end game. Maybe try playing something other than meta.

• USELESS
    USELESS Member Posts: 1,151

Play as hillbilly with distressing, he will cause even more pressure, also I was thinking in a perk build for him

Overcharge

Distressing

BBQ and chili

The perk that block the 3 gens that is more distant from you( I forgot the name )