DO NOT ADD JASON (please stop commenting on this)

RotBb
RotBb Member Posts: 396
edited December 2018 in General Discussions
   I’ve seen so many people request to have Jason put into the game, but I am strongly against that. Adding Jason will completely destroy the F13 game. Before you say it’s dead, PC got an update recently, showing the game isn’t dead, but thriving. If it was dead, the devs would kill it off. Not to mention it’s more content that won’t work well in game, it’ll slow it down. 
Post edited by RotBb on

Comments

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Orion said:

F13th is dead, and the devs have no plans to add Jason.

Did someone say... "DÉJÀ VU"?!
  • lyric
    lyric Member Posts: 611
    RotBb said:
       I’ve seen so many people request to have Jason put into the game, but I am strongly against that. Adding Jason will completely destroy the F13 game. Before you say it’s dead, PC got an update recently, showing the game isn’t dead, but thriving. If it was dead, the devs would kill it off. Not to mention it’s more content that won’t work well in game, it’ll slow it down. 
    Honestly, some people may disagree but I think the trapper is a Jason ripoff already and the two would end up being very similar
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@lyric said:
    Honestly, some people may disagree but I think the trapper is a Jason ripoff already and the two would end up being very similar

I'm not up-to-date on my Jason lore, but I don't remember him using bear traps.

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334
    edited August 2018
    Orion said:

Wrong. Not Queen said in a recent Q&A (recent as in after the whole lawsuit thing happened) that Jason is definitely a character that they have and are considering adding to the game. It's in one of the Q&A posts on these forums. Can't remember which one but there aren't many so you can find it pretty easily.

Found it:

• Orion

@ProfoundEnding said:
    Wrong. Not Queen said in a recent Q&A (recent as in after the whole lawsuit thing happened) that Jason is definitely a character that they have and are considering adding to the game. It's in one of the Q&A posts on these forums. Can't remember which one but there aren't many so you can find it pretty easily.

Well, that changes exactly nothing. F13th is still a dead game whose devs are being sued.

• ProfoundEnding
    edited August 2018
    Orion said:

@ProfoundEnding said:

Well, that changes exactly nothing. F13th is still a dead game whose devs are being sued.

Yeah, I know. I was so just talking about how you said the devs won't add him.
  • ProfoundEnding
    edited August 2018
    Orion said:

@ProfoundEnding said:

Oh also, the devs aren't being sued lol. The whole F13 license is, which the devs aren't involved in.
  • Why_Are_You_Salty
    Why_Are_You_Salty Member Posts: 138
    edited August 2018

Well some game company is planning to make a Halloween the game and it's basically identical to F13 one person plays as Michael and the others play as Teenagers so isn't that sort of contradicting your statement that by adding Jason into DBD it will hurt F13 because if they add Michael into a game of his own it seems like that will hurt DBD if we go by your statement. So you're contradicting yourself with this statement.

• ProfoundEnding

Well some game company is planning to make a Halloween the game and it's basically identical to F13 one person plays as Michael and the others play as Teenagers so isn't that sort of contradicting your statement that by adding Jason into DBD it will hurt F13 because if they add Michael into a game of his own it seems like that will hurt DBD if we go by your statement. So you're contradicting yourself with this statement.

Halloween: The Game was cancelled.
  • lyric
    Orion said:

@lyric said:

Yes he does use them,  they are even in the game too and they get used around the cars all the time lol
  • Orion

@lyric said:
    Yes he does use them,  they are even in the game too and they get used around the cars all the time lol

Interesting. Well, like I said, I'm not up-to-date on my Jason lore. Still, if F13th proved anything, it's that Jason has a multitude of powers.

• lyric
    Orion said:

@lyric said:

Interesting. Well, like I said, I'm not up-to-date on my Jason lore. Still, if F13th proved anything, it's that Jason has a multitude of powers.

Yea I can agree with that, I feel like if they did implement him then all the Friday players would throw a fit about it because there is no way Behaviour could make Jason the force he is in the other game without giving survivors weapons. 
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

Adding Jason and Ghostface to dead by daylight would be huge. Michael, Freddy, Jason, Leatherface and Ghostface that line up alone if you are a horror fan would bring you to the game.

• lyric

It can’t hurt DBD because they had Myers first, and if anything they’ve made their fair share from Myers already.
  • BlackMercury
    BlackMercury Member Posts: 172
    edited August 2018

I disagree. The games are very different, and have their own types of fun. Just bringing Jason to dbd shouldn't hurt f13 unless that game couldn't stand on its own.

• BoxingRouge
    BoxingRouge Member Posts: 606
    edited August 2018
    F13 is a dead game, it struggles to hit 1,000 players in 24 hours on steam. But I would welcome Jason because he would be in better hands than the hands of the crooks at Gun Media & illfonic.
  • ChraizE
    ChraizE Member Posts: 232

What they did to Jason in F13 was an absolute joke, survivors could dance around him half naked and taunting/trolling him with stuns and control tactics to the point jason could only stand up, get rekt and go down again. AT LEAST in dead by daylight he would be somewhat respected as a killer and not a laughing stock of a community who took the piss out of him and then abandoned the game.

• lyric
    ChraizE said:

What they did to Jason in F13 was an absolute joke, survivors could dance around him half naked and taunting/trolling him with stuns and control tactics to the point jason could only stand up, get rekt and go down again. AT LEAST in dead by daylight he would be somewhat respected as a killer and not a laughing stock of a community who took the piss out of him and then abandoned the game.

It’s almost the same way in this game though, there are people I know who I guarantee you won’t dance around on f13 as Jason and they basically have honed their skills to wipe everyone out fairly quick because if you get good with all the mechanics Jason has available it’s very hard to beat , but like this game as well though for example the nurse, you will come across some players who are a joke and you can run circles around all game even though they are highly skilled with other killers, and some who are ridiculous with the nurse where your mind really has to work to win because looping won’t do the trick against a good nurse
  • ChraizE
    ChraizE Member Posts: 232

@lyric said:
    ChraizE said:

It’s almost the same way in this game though, there are people I know who I guarantee you won’t dance around on f13 as Jason and they basically have honed their skills to wipe everyone out fairly quick because if you get good with all the mechanics Jason has available it’s very hard to beat , but like this game as well though for example the nurse, you will come across some players who are a joke and you can run circles around all game even though they are highly skilled with other killers, and some who are ridiculous with the nurse where your mind really has to work to win because looping won’t do the trick against a good nurse

Well yeah that's why Nurse is most popular killer because she can't be looped. She's the only killer worth playing in all honesty, nobody wants to get looped around buildings and pallets that's just boring. Nurse rules!!

• MinusTheBillie
    MinusTheBillie Member Posts: 349
    I would LOVE Jason in DBD. Love it! 
  • KillingInstinct
    KillingInstinct Member Posts: 272

@lyric said:
    RotBb said:

And wut do you think Hillbilly and Leatherface are 2 eachother?

• KillingInstinct
    KillingInstinct Member Posts: 272

@lyric said:
    RotBb said:

And wut do you think Hillbilly and Leatherface are 2 eachother?

• PianoMan
    PianoMan Member Posts: 23

@ProfoundEnding said:
    Orion said:

Found it:

I don't remember seeing this but i do remember something from a little while back at one of the conferences or conventions that was a question asked about Jason being put in the game and i think they replied with"Not Yet" meaning they have thought or are thinking about it.

• PianoMan
    PianoMan Member Posts: 23

@ProfoundEnding said:
    Orion said:

Found it:

I don't remember seeing this but i do remember something from a little while back at one of the conferences or conventions that was a question asked about Jason being put in the game and i think they replied with"Not Yet" meaning they have thought or are thinking about it.

• RageZombieKLRDC
    RageZombieKLRDC Member Posts: 35

this is best jason will make it

• redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269
    If they used Jason I hope his power is his ability to just vanish or walk through stuff say buby to looping and If your being sneaky poor gone and right behind you
  • burak1998_20
    burak1998_20 Member Posts: 173
    Maybe pinhead but they can't use jason
  • Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,866

@redsopine01 said:
    If they used Jason I hope his power is his ability to just vanish or walk through stuff say buby to looping and If your being sneaky poor gone and right behind you

Sounds balanced. They should hire you.

• redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269

@redsopine01 said:

Sounds balanced. They should hire you.

Lol I'm on about how he suddenly appears out of nowhere and can always track somone or maby use his rage power to chase though loops without pallet stuns for say 5 seconds so you got to time it
  • I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

@Orion said:

@lyric said:

In the reboot he used a bear trap, pt. 2 he use snare trap

• ReneAensland
    ReneAensland Member Posts: 838

It's dead. I can't stand that game.
    If it's not, it should be Dead by Daylight.

=]

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134

@I_am_Negan said:

@Orion said:

@lyric said:

That is very true and I feel like they would use the reboot version (sadly) for some reason.

Maybe because they did for Freddy, idk.

• I_am_Negan

@Attackfrog said:

@I_am_Negan said:

@Orion said:

@lyric said:

That is very true and I feel like they would use the reboot version (sadly) for some reason.

Nobody is going to touch that franchise until those two ancient mummy farts work out a deal. I haven't followed what's been going on with any of that since I stopped playing that game.

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

The lawsuit was immediately appealed so I don't think anything has changed.

• Attackfrog

@I_am_Negan said:

@Attackfrog said:

@I_am_Negan said:

@Orion said:

@lyric said:

Nobody is going to touch that franchise until those two ancient mummy farts work out a deal. I haven't followed what's been going on with any of that since I stopped playing that game.

I haven't followed it either. I don't know what it is about Jason, but he is just such a cool/badass killer. I read one of the books about the series (Crystal Lake Memories) and it just seems like those people making those movies had such a good time and the actors/actresses all said great things about Kane Hodder (not so much a few of the other Jason actors).

Anyway, I just want a really good version of Jason to play.

• I_am_Negan

@Attackfrog said:

@I_am_Negan said:

@Attackfrog said:

@I_am_Negan said:

@Orion said:

@lyric said:

I haven't followed it either. I don't know what it is about Jason, but he is just such a cool/badass killer. I read one of the books about the series (Crystal Lake Memories) and it just seems like those people making those movies had such a good time and the actors/actresses all said great things about Kane Hodder (not so much a few of the other Jason actors).

Yeah basically about adult Jason
    Miller the screenwriter of the first movie want's more money, and Cunningham director doesn't want to give him more money. Bottom line is GREED

• Attackfrog

@I_am_Negan said:

@Attackfrog said:

@I_am_Negan said:

@Attackfrog said:

@I_am_Negan said:

@Orion said:

@lyric said:

Yeah basically about adult Jason
    Miller the screenwriter of the first movie want's more money, and Cunningham director doesn't want to give him more money. Bottom line is GREED

Well that makes sense. He is popular and probably worth a lot of money.

But after 30 years...you would think someone would find a fun way to make him playable in a video game lol

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Holy damn, discussion revival to the max.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

This is what you are concerned about?

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I don't get it btw.
    https://steamcharts.com/app/438740#6m
    You made this in August and said "recently".
    Whether the game's thriving or not depends purely on the playercount, and nothing happened in August.
    If you said this in November, i'd believe that.

Not that it really matters, the hype seemed to die in a week or so once again.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,866

Personally, my vote is a "no" for Jason. There are already plenty of killers that fill his design space.

• RotBb
    RotBb Member Posts: 396
    Boss said:

I don't get it btw.
    https://steamcharts.com/app/438740#6m
    You made this in August and said "recently".
    Whether the game's thriving or not depends purely on the playercount, and nothing happened in August.
    If you said this in November, i'd believe that.

Not that it really matters, the hype seemed to die in a week or so once again.

Someone went through my posts and found this, then it went to the front page, idfk why
  • PapaAndrei
    PapaAndrei Member Posts: 72
    It says don’t comment so I am commenting 

• Attackfrog

@PapaAndrei said:
    It says don’t comment so I am commenting 

Yeah I didn't realize it was a necro when I commented.

Who looks at dates?

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454
    Aadd him
  • Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

Asking the internet not to do something always has the opposite effect mate