Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

How do you report players that tell people to kill themselves?

KwwB
KwwB Member Posts: 75

Curious as to what the best way to do this is. I remember on a DEV live stream they mentioned that this kind of abuse will 100% be taken care of. How do you do it. I have screenshot and link to the players steam account.

Comments

• jiminie
    jiminie Member Posts: 200

Put the screenshot link in the report, but seriously tho' they are just words on a computer screen, just get over it

• fakelove
    fakelove Member Posts: 82

as @jiminie said, just get over it, the report system as it is right now doesen't do much

• fakelove
    fakelove Member Posts: 82

Dude i was just telling him how it is, the report system is basically useless, im not justifying anything, such behaviour its not alright, but what can he do?

• jiminie

@Orion said:
    Why don't you two get over yourselves instead of justifying these #########' behavior?

I think you are mentally challenged, what's wrong with you ?
    I just told him to put the link of the screenshot in the report, and at the same time, an advice, they are words on a damn screen, they CAN'T hurt you

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@fakelove said:
    Dude i was just telling him how it is, the report system is basically useless, im not justifying anything, such behaviour its not alright, but what can he do?

"Get over it" is essentially saying he's at fault for giving a crap.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523
    edited August 2018

Just report them in game. Chat logs are saved. No need to screenshot it.

If someone is actually threatening you, you should contact support (https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us) immediately. Report them in game as well. This will make it easier to find the match you're talking about.

Post edited by Peanits on
  • ChraizE
    ChraizE Member Posts: 232

@Jesya said:
    getting over it is the reason why people think this community is so toxic. people allow this type of behavior to continue.

Exactly, the fact that nobody gets banned for such horrendous behaviour speaks volumes of where the devs are at with this. One of the most toxic communities in all of gaming history hands down.

• Baphomett
    Baphomett Member Posts: 394
    The in-game report is a good idea, but if they are way over the line then take a screenshot and report them directly to the platform provider (Steam, PSN, Xbox live).  Steam has a zero tolerqnce policy for hate speech, etc and unlike BHVR they WILL ban for the it on the first offense.
  • ChraizE
    edited August 2018

@Peanits said:

@ChraizE said:

@Jesya said:
    getting over it is the reason why people think this community is so toxic. people allow this type of behavior to continue.

Exactly, the fact that nobody gets banned for such horrendous behaviour speaks volumes of where the devs are at with this. One of the most toxic communities in all of gaming history hands down.

People do get banned for it. I personally dealt with the report the OP is talking about. OP can confirm if you don't believe me, this chat log will sound familiar (names removed for anonymity):

Person 1: [bad words]
    Person 2: gg
    Person 2: dunked
    Person 1: just wanted the bbq hook
    Person 1: [BAD WORD]

100% serious, we see chat logs, report them in game, it will be dealt with.

Are you telling me you guys are ACTUALLY starting to ban people in the harassment category? Heck I might even come back if that's the case. About time somebody started holding people accountable for their behaviour. This community has one of the worst reputations ever, the toxicity needs to stop.

• persephone325
    persephone325 Member Posts: 14

Thank god! :)

• pauloandrade22
    pauloandrade22 Member Posts: 697

@ProfoundEnding said:
    jiminie said:

@Orion said:

Why don't you two get over yourselves instead of justifying these #########' behavior?

I just told him to put the link of the screenshot in the report, and at the same time, an advice, they are words on a damn screen, they CAN'T hurt you

I find it funny that you think words can't hurt you. Lol they certainly can. 

dont worry about mr/ms Iron heart. We flesh hearts are best hearts after all.

• lyric
    lyric Member Posts: 611
    Peanits said:

@ChraizE said:

@Peanits said:

@ChraizE said:

@Jesya said:

People do get banned for it. I personally dealt with the report the OP is talking about. OP can confirm if you don't believe me, this chat log will sound familiar (names removed for anonymity):

Are you telling me you guys are ACTUALLY starting to ban people in the harassment category? Heck I might even come back if that's the case. About time somebody started holding people accountable for their behaviour.

BHVR just hired a whole team of ACMs (associate community managers) just to handle reports. It's very real.

Do they even work on PS4? Are you telling me I may be able to turn my message and friend settings back to public now? Lol 
  • Skorpanio
    Skorpanio Member Posts: 605

@Peanits said:
    Just report them in game. Chat logs are saved. No need to screenshot it.

If someone is actually threatening you, you should contact support (https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us) immediately. Report them in game as well. This will make it easier to find the match you're talking about.

Oh what chat logs are saved?

Ehh Ahmm Yeah I kind of got to go now you know...
    Don't look at my chat logs plez. ;3

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• pauloandrade22

@lyric said:
    Peanits said:

@ChraizE said:

@Peanits said:

@ChraizE said:

@Jesya said:

Are you telling me you guys are ACTUALLY starting to ban people in the harassment category? Heck I might even come back if that's the case. About time somebody started holding people accountable for their behaviour.

BHVR just hired a whole team of ACMs (associate community managers) just to handle reports. It's very real.

Do they even work on PS4? Are you telling me I may be able to turn my message and friend settings back to public now? Lol 

DON'T.

• KwwB

@Peanits said:

@ChraizE said:

@Jesya said:

100% confirmed this is what happened. Refreshing to see that something is actually done with in game reports. Thank you Peanits, I very much appreciate it.

• lyric

@lyric said:
    Peanits said:

@ChraizE said:

@Peanits said:

@ChraizE said:

@Jesya said:

DON'T.

Haha a fellow PS4 brethren 
  • KwwB

Oh also for clarification purposes, this was on Steam platform for PC.

• FIEND8LOODED
    FIEND8LOODED Member Posts: 336

@jiminie said:

@Orion said:

Obviously you're the mentally challenged one if you think that words are meaningless just because they're digital. Not everyone can just get over it, and telling them to do so isn't helpful in the slightest.

• pauloandrade22

@Tombstone218 said:

@jiminie said:

@Orion said:

Obviously you're the mentally challenged one if you think that words are meaningless just because they're digital. Not everyone can just get over it, and telling them to do so isn't helpful in the slightest.

Dont call the name caller names. Thats their goal (usually). Just disagree or similar.

• FIEND8LOODED
    FIEND8LOODED Member Posts: 336

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Tombstone218 said:

@jiminie said:

@Orion said:

Dont call the name caller names. Thats their goal (usually). Just disagree or similar.

Well I figured that they had made it obvious that they can take it. Since obviously words can't hurt them.

• slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943
    That's Not okay to say to anyone! There are children that play this game grrrrr. 🙄
  • ChraizE

@slingshotsurvivor said:
    That's Not okay to say to anyone! There are children that play this game grrrrr. 🙄

Kiddies are the one's saying it though, that's neither here nor there. It should never be said for any reason I am just glad devs are actively banning people in the harassment category now I am actually re downloading the game right now because of it.

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

@Peanits said:

@ChraizE said:

@Peanits said:

@ChraizE said:

@Jesya said:

When you guys adding soft bans to console?

• jiminie

@Tombstone218 said:

@jiminie said:

@Orion said:

So you can't get over digital words?
    Jeez, i'm sorry for your life then snowflake

• ChraizE

@jiminie said:

@Tombstone218 said:

@jiminie said:

@Orion said:

Getting over it or not is neither here nor there. Saying it in the first place is never okay and those who enable it are just as bad.

• jiminie

@ChraizE said:

@jiminie said:

@Tombstone218 said:

@jiminie said:

@Orion said:

Getting over it or not is neither here nor there. Saying it in the first place is never okay and those who enable it are just as bad.

Listen, this is an M rated game, you're sayin' that you get your feelings hurt by some random enraged 12yrs old who lost the game, but you are totally okay with slaughtering people with the doctor (just an ex) while laughing like a maniac? seems legit

• Orion

@jiminie said:

@Tombstone218 said:

@jiminie said:

@Orion said:

Seems like you're the one who can't get over it. Does it trigger you so much that you can't help but keep replying?

• Orion

QED. Keep going, though. This is great report material.

• ChraizE

@jiminie said:

@ChraizE said:

@jiminie said:

@Tombstone218 said:

@jiminie said:

@Orion said:

Listen, this is an M rated game, you're sayin' that you get your feelings hurt by some random enraged 12yrs old who lost the game, but you are totally okay with slaughtering people with the doctor (just an ex) while laughing like a maniac? seems legit

Like I said feelings are neither here nor there it's not the point at all which clearly you've missed.

• Orion

@ChraizE said:

@jiminie said:

@ChraizE said:

@jiminie said:

@Tombstone218 said:

@jiminie said:

@Orion said:

Like I said feelings are neither here nor there it's not the point at all which clearly you've missed.

He and his 5 alts don't really care. They'd rather enable the behavior you described in your OP.

• lyric
    jiminie said:

@ChraizE said:

@jiminie said:

@Tombstone218 said:

@jiminie said:

@Orion said:

Yea it’s M rated but it’s just a damn game and it may not hurt other people’s feelings but it may piss some off really bad, point is nobody should get their game experience ruined by an ######### who is salty because they lost and you don’t know if the person you are saying this to has mental health issues or not, what if someone actually followed through with suicide because you and your friends decided to dog all over him and tell him to kill himself? Name calling has no place in any game whatsoever, and only a legit maniac would be ok with someone slinging insults after every match.
  • Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,933

I'm just going to lock this, the question has been answered and all I can see is an argument brewing.

This discussion has been closed.