Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Blindness AKA the most useless status effect in DbD!

NMCKE
NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
edited August 2018 in General Discussions
Hey, me again with my blindness threads :lol: I already made a "blindness needs some love" thread but now I'm here with some ideas on how to make it better! So here's my rework of the blindness status effect! :)

Blindness:
Survivors will be surrounded from all directions by extremely dense fog that's X meters away from the survivor. Any auras that's revealed in the extremely dense fog will not be revealed to the survivor.
The extremely dense fog only appears in the client side for the affected survivor.

Edit: Also remove the bubble animation that survivors see around the hooked survivor when the hooked survivor just got hooked.

Now, this should make blindness that much better! What do you all think? Please don't give me hate mail or bad feedback, thanks! :)

Comments

• pauloandrade22
    pauloandrade22 Member Posts: 697

@Nickenzie said:
    Hey, me again with my blindness threads :lol: I already made a "blindness needs some love" thread but now I'm here with some ideas on how to make it better! So here's my rework of the blindness status effect! :)

Blindness:
    Survivors will be surrounded from all directions by extremely dense fog that's X meters away from the survivor. Any auras that's revealed in the extremely dense fog will not be revealed to the survivor.
    The extremely dense fog only appears in the client side for the affected survivor.

Edit: Also remove the bubble animation that survivors see around the hooked survivor when the hooked survivor just got hooked.

Now, this should make blindness that much better! What do you all think? Please don't give me hate mail or bad feedback, thanks! :)

make it like the new blind survivor from indentity V as well. total darkness tho.

• NMCKE

@Nickenzie said:

Blindness:

make it like the new blind survivor from indentity V as well. total darkness tho.

Do you have a screenshot? I play Identity V but I never seen a blindness status effect on there unless your talking about the "minds eye" character! :)
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

If you use Third Seal and get a hit on everyone they can't see hooks. If they can't see hooks it's harder to save. Once you hit everyone they have to find the totem or they will be forced to rush saves when they see where you hooked. If you use Knockout they have no idea where the down was, and you can slug the guy on the ground. If he doesn't have Unbreakable or NM he's just like a missing survivor. SWF also beats it, but some maps like Lerys or Game are still really hard to navigate, just don't use hook in the common spots, do it on a random tile and they can find them.

• ChraizE
    ChraizE Member Posts: 232

just another thing that swf coms can counter with ease.

• NMCKE

If you use Third Seal and get a hit on everyone they can't see hooks. If they can't see hooks it's harder to save. Once you hit everyone they have to find the totem or they will be forced to rush saves when they see where you hooked. If you use Knockout they have no idea where the down was, and you can slug the guy on the ground. If he doesn't have Unbreakable or NM he's just like a missing survivor. SWF also beats it, but some maps like Lerys or Game are still really hard to navigate, just don't use hook in the common spots, do it on a random tile and they can find them.

Oh @thesuicidefox, you know the dark bubble that surrounds the hooked survivor when they are first hooked? Even if your blinded, you'll always see that dark bubble which ruins the point of having blindness. I tried using Third Seal and they were getting safes really fast still. Blindness just needs more things to it then it already has to make it more better.
  • pauloandrade22

@Nickenzie said:
    pauloandrade22 said:

@Nickenzie said:

Blindness:

Do you have a screenshot? I play Identity V but I never seen a blindness status effect on there unless your talking about the "minds eye" character! :)

YES THAT IT. I forgot the name.

• NMCKE

Yeah, that would be the perfect addition to blindness! Any auras revealed in the darkness would not be revealed to you as well! Great idea @pauloandrade22!
  • pauloandrade22

@Nickenzie said:
    pauloandrade22 said:

Yeah, that would be the perfect addition to blindness! Any auras revealed in the darkness would not be revealed to you as well! Great idea @pauloandrade22!

Yea but i mean the whole extreme darkness part of mind's eye without the aura reading at all. Just like 4 meter vision sight or similar. And it nulls both the red stain and the terror radius BUT you keep the heartbeat so its not super broken (a skilled player will be able to still loop due to 6 meter sight range and map knowledge.)

• NMCKE

Yea but i mean the whole extreme darkness part of mind's eye without the aura reading at all. Just like 4 meter vision sight or similar. And it nulls both the red stain and the terror radius BUT you keep the heartbeat so its not super broken (a skilled player will be able to still loop due to 6 meter sight range and map knowledge.)

It wouldn't be that bad, they probably need to test it on the PTB but I think your idea will work really well! Great brainstorming!
  • NMCKE

They'll never buff blindness. It works great for survivors as it is.

Elaborate?
  • NMCKE

Right now blindness is hardly even an inconvenience for survivors. Exactly how they and the devs like it.

The only thing blindness is good for is hiding where you hooked survivors. Even then the survivors still see the dark bubble where the hooked survivor is hooked at sadly.
  • NMCKE

Yeah, exactly. It barely inconveniences survivors at all. Which is right where the devs want things. It'll never change even if it could be a really cool/interesting mechanic.

Hopefully they'll look into blindness in their roadmap, it needs some love.