Mori+NOED build Ruin protesters, how is your gaming night going?

I played about six matches tonight, four as LF and two as Trapper. I was running Franklins/NOED/Infectious/Insidious. I would hook someone then insidious camp just out of sight so there was no BT when they got rescued. Infectious helped me position the survivor and hide from nearby rescuers. I was mining tons of salt this way. This was honestly a lot more fun than having 3 or 4 people escape on Red Forest/Thompson House at the red ranks. I got a bunch of salty messages but I explained it was just my new post-Ruin strategy to deal with gen rush and to get mad at BHVR not me

Comments

• xGodSendDeath
    xGodSendDeath Member Posts: 320

One guy said he understood that BHVR doesn't know how to balance their game but I'm still a trash killer. The other guy starting giving me advice on how to be a better killer, you know, PrEsSuRe GeNs, like I got rank 1 playing this way

• ElementDoom
    ElementDoom Member Posts: 166

Pretty good. I've gotten two cultural victories.

• xGodSendDeath
    xGodSendDeath Member Posts: 320

Which Civilization are you playing? I never moved past 4: BtS because I love that game so much

• Dead by Played Against

• Athaya
    Athaya Member Posts: 8

I have never played this game in a toxic style, like camp, unnecessary tunneling etc. Usually gave free escapes when team was not that good. Because i play this game for fun. But, you know, it is started to be harder and harder to have fun as a killer later now. I switched to camping, ebony mories, slugging. And now i am pleased and have much more fun to play as a killer.

• Fleece
    Fleece Member Posts: 253

I started using leatherface too except no insidious aaaaaaand I got 4k... While facecamping..... Against red rank swf trying to blind

• NurseMainBTW
    NurseMainBTW Member Posts: 531

I mean, if this is the protest than it's hardly going to make it better... if not worse.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,510

Yeah give killers nothing to be able to use while survivors geet all these freebies.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

I love this community! But yeah really glad I just played on the PTB a couple of times and went back to playing Civilization Skyrim, Dark souls and SWTOR. If people are protesting like this ain't gonna be much fun playing killer or survivor on live. Things shall calm down eventually 😁

• not_Queef
    not_Queef Member Posts: 820

As survivor, I only encountered one mori and it was a guy who literally uses a mori every single game anyway.

I guess most killers are just learning to adapt, rather than having a childish tantrum.

• Fleece
    Fleece Member Posts: 253

Childish tantrum? Sounds like something survivors suffer from a lot considering the amount of nerfs killers get because survivors fail to adapt themselves.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited January 2020

Yeah, it was quite a ways back. But at any point during the Pick Up animation, you could stun or blind and it would guarantee drop the survivor being picked up. No timing at all needed. They claim it was "a fix", but they quickly found out that not only Killers found this extremely unfair, because it was, but even survivors where rallying against the change. Truly one instance where the community was united. It was very quickly reverted back. Naturally I believe this "fix" of theirs was for the really casual players.

However, this will not be the same. This is far different. And once again, it will end poorly for the DEVs and the Killers alike. The only similarity is that this is a change for casual players.

Now we are running into the issue I always have to point out monthly with the game being a weird breed of being a casual game, but wanting to be a competitive game with it's pipping system in place, unranked ranked as I like to call it. It really is becoming an issue more and more.

But hey, if they don't want to listen, then the game can die.

In before "Why are queues taking so long" after patch drops.

• DeathBeam
    DeathBeam Member Posts: 259

I tried not using ruin on mid and low tier killers. Very rarely got a 4K unless survivors do stupid mistakes. I used moris, proximity camping, the best add-ons, slugging, and tunneling. Did much better, but got the "uninstall the game/baby killer/tunneler/camper" messages afterwards. Welcome to the post-ruin future of the game. This is what ya'll wanted, this is what you will see more of.

• emyung
    emyung Member Posts: 138

I am getting a strange pleasure of being devious and sadistic.

I avoid getting into long chaces. I try to ambush with demogorgon by placing its portals at hidden places.

Once I down a survivor, I use insidious and wait for them to rescue from the hook.

Once the gens are finished, I keep teleporting from gate to gate using mori and BBC. Depending on the situation, I use insidous and mori and keep killing the survivors.

My feeling is that chases are a mistake since many survivors are very good at looping. So we invest on the other option, wich is ambush...

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987

I’m playing the same as before, only difference is I’m now tunneling. I used to be against it but at this point idgaf