[New Killer] MCote denies and "one thing right" from the theories of Paulie Esther

Th3Nightmare
Th3Nightmare Member Posts: 1,266
edited August 2018 in General Discussions

VIDEO OF PAULIE ESTHER

https://youtube.com/watch?v=q1En6ae0Rbc

I was looking at the twitters of some developers and ...

Of the many theories that Paulie Esther has put into his video:

• GhostFace
  • Teacher Oni
  • Japanese Demon
  • Osan monster
  • The Grudge
  • Kuchisake-Onna

In the tweet, Mr. Director Mcote confirms that:

"He is very excited to see the video, he says" Well done ".
It tells you that you have ONE GOOD THING. In addition to many wrong things, I love your enthusiasm.
It seems that what means that of all those theories 1 of them is correct. "

what do you think?

Comments

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Arri said:
    I hope it's Kuchisake Onna or any female killer cause the Japanese ones are terrifying 

I wanna see a really REALLY buffed woman who has a rage ability that can destroy survivors lol.
  • ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784

Intriguing.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Nickenzie said:
    Arri said:
    I hope it's Kuchisake Onna or any female killer cause the Japanese ones are terrifying 

I wanna see a really REALLY buffed woman who has a rage ability that can destroy survivors lol.
    Huntress?
  • MONKEYMAN
    MONKEYMAN Member Posts: 22

I think it's gonna be the Japanese demon. Devs are creative and they will definitely not use the existing character (except licensed ones), so I think it's going to be the japanese themed killer, BUT designed by the devs themselves.

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

One thing right? They said no licensed killers so ghost face etc is out

100% Kuchisake-Onna at this point

• BraveClem
    BraveClem Member Posts: 333

It Has to be Kuchisake-Onna Or The Grudge

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,897

Paulie's theory sounded the most valid.

• Unit
    Unit Member Posts: 190
    Cross out the licensed killers
  • BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

@ZombieGenesis said:
    If I had to put money on it I'd say Kuchisake-Onna.

I bet it's nothing that anyone has guessed so far. These devs are unpredictable.

Every time the DbD community is certain that we have found the answer we are always wrong unless there are obvious leaks in the game files like with Freddy.

We've been wrong ever since we thought we'd get a teacher but ended up with Nurse.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

@ZombieGenesis said:
    If I had to put money on it I'd say Kuchisake-Onna.

I bet it's nothing that anyone has guessed so far. These devs are unpredictable.

Every time the DbD community is certain that we have found the answer we are always wrong unless there are obvious leaks in the game files like with Freddy.

We've been wrong ever since we thought we'd get a teacher but ended up with Nurse.

• sorrowen
    sorrowen Member Posts: 742

I don't think we exactly know what it is I say strigoi because of the gothic lettering but it could be anything.

• TheDarkLycan
    TheDarkLycan Member Posts: 435
    I know everyone wants the Slit Mouth chick but if we are being realistic, the only character in the list with a "heavy" footsteps would be the meatball Oni monster himself. Though the clip could all be misinterpreted, possibly the killer is right next to the "camera"  and what we consider "heavy" footsteps could actually just be quite and close, but that's just a theory... A Game Theory!!!!!!
  • Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    My theory is that the killer is based off a yokai and the new map is a temple or house.

The survivor could be an exorcist/preist for all I care.
  • AmorePrincess
    AmorePrincess Member Posts: 220
    I know everyone wants the Slit Mouth chick but if we are being realistic, the only character in the list with a "heavy" footsteps would be the meatball Oni monster himself. Though the clip could all be misinterpreted, possibly the killer is right next to the "camera"  and what we consider "heavy" footsteps could actually just be quite and close, but that's just a theory... A Game Theory!!!!!!
    That would be sad though, because I was starting to scare myself with the thought of a ghostly japanese female killer. I thought they would actually bring some horror into the game, because lets face it, the killer are not very bonechilling scary for being a horror game. I dont fear the looks of the oni demon. I was kinda looking forward to being spooked. Oh well, keeping my fingers crossed.
  • MasochistFreddyMain
    MasochistFreddyMain Member Posts: 42
    And sumo survivor. Calling it. 
  • JoLo
    JoLo Member Posts: 108

Hey guys, I made a fan-made spotlight for The Teacher with perks and add-ons. :)
    You can watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYup4lEjIZY

Let me know what you think. :)

• finitethrills
    finitethrills Member Posts: 617
    He also said "at least one thing right"  not "only one thing" 
  • Uncomfortable
    Uncomfortable Member Posts: 15

Probably not ghost face or the Grudge, because licensed killer teasers are always SUPER obvious. Don't think it will be a teacher because that's kinda lame. A demon sounds too vague and I can't imagine one having an interesting design, but I still like the idea of one. I would really love for the killer to be Kuchisake-Onna, but I don't think it would be because the devs have never really had a killer straight up be a character from an urban legend or myths. At most we've had Wraith WIP name being Banshee, Hag potentially being inspired by a Wendigo, and maybe Huntress being inspired by the myth of the bunny man. The devs obviously take inspiration from many places when designing a killer, however they always succeed in making an original design the can stand on it's own. In the end I have no idea what the killer will be. I can't wait to find out.

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

one thing right.... it's a bipedal character...

:/

• wolflinkin
    wolflinkin Member Posts: 52

@JoLo said:
    Hey guys, I made a fan-made spotlight for The Teacher with perks and add-ons. :)
    You can watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYup4lEjIZY

Let me know what you think. :)

I like this idea.

• TheDarkLycan
    TheDarkLycan Member Posts: 435
    Supernaut said:

Would be the biggest trolling, honestly they should just scrap the killer if it's not the Slit mouth chick and make it her since there are so many people who want her, or for the next killer they do a contest and the winner gets their killer added into the game.
  • Plippy
    Plippy Member Posts: 187

@Supernaut said:

"Yup, there is a new killer coming out. This one thing indeed correct"