Oblivious should consider Survivors as within the Killer's Terror Radius to Powers & Perks.

Options

This way Carter's Spark works better with Oblivious and The Nightmare isn't nerfed while Survivors are asleep.

Comments

• Hex_BoopTheSnoot
    Hex_BoopTheSnoot Member Posts: 151
    Options

If a Survivor was Oblivious, they'd be affected by Caulrophobia no matter how far away they are from the Killer.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    Options

Actually, as written above, you would be affected by TR even when not in range. Then Unnerving presence etc becomes a mapwide effect.

And the oblivious effect is not created to work with an addon of a certain killer. And regarding Freddy, I think currently it is the wrong way. When you are asleep, it is totally hard to do mindgames. It should be hard while awake, it can give Freddy an easier first hit, but in dream state and chase he needs to work a bit. Having glimpses of Freddy at first and being f.... after the hit is somewhat unfair. Also the problem with BT getting avoided by dream state. You have to wake up first before unhooking. And if hit before unhook, BT is gone again. The other way round would be much better I think. Also fluffwise. When awake, you hear the lullaby that slowly puts you asleep. Once in dream world, the terror is real and you hear the heartbeat

• MasterTater
    MasterTater Member Posts: 46
    Options

This would be a nerf to Freddy because the oblivious goes through Borrowed Time. And if i'm not mistaken the Static Blast still hits the survivors in the terror radius

• palotheas
    palotheas Member Posts: 118
    Options

It would also be a buff to freddy because then you wouldn't need to use blindness add-ons to stop people from seeing you all the time with object of obsession when they're asleep.

• MasterTater
    MasterTater Member Posts: 46
    Options
  • palotheas
    palotheas Member Posts: 118
    Options

In my opinion OoO is more devestating against freddy and shows up enough at red ranks to make me consider always using the blindness add-ons. But borrowed time is pretty powerful in the end game though. Either way it's a choice between one or the other when changing how oblivious works.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

He's saying that survivors inside the TR wouldn't hear the heartbeat but would still be affected by TR perks/abilities. He's not saying that if you are Oblivious you are always considered inside the TR.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632
    Options

No.

• Polychrome_Baku
    Polychrome_Baku Member Posts: 404
    Options

Have you ever seen the Nightmare on Elm Street movies? When you're in the dream state you're in his ######### world. Why would he have to work harder after you're in his power? Sometimes I feel like people on this forum just say things without realizing how irrational they are.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    Options

Dude, that's for game health. And it is about game mechanics. If you look at it that way, you should simply 4k every single match with Bubba and the Mori should be a family dinner. And Pig shouldnt be in the game because she is not hunting people. Same criticism to you.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,127
    Options

You know then they would have to make perks like BT work as well.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480
    Options

It's an interesting thought but I'd be lying if I said I knew how it would all play out if it hit live, or even a test build. I can see it buffing up caulrophobia or unnerving, which I kind of am into since they're not that prevalent in the game and could use just a little love. I'm just concerned with it being too strong. I don't have every perk and stuff so I couldn't test this myself, but there could even be some terror radius debuff setups starting to pop up. Also the interaction with borrow time for example, it seems a little weird for it to work far from the killer. I suppose it wouldn't matter much either way if the killer is far and can't even hit the BT.

I just don't know what to think of it. Interesting idea, but it would need a bit of thinking about for each individual perk.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

It would kill the purpose of oblivious. Oblivious is made so the survivors won't know if you're closer to them. If someone can know by a perk that the killer is closer. What's the main purpose of oblivious then?