Bond, Kindred, Empathy or None of the Above? Your thoughts

So I have started to really enjoy having some kind of aura perk for my teammates, although seeing how little they do sometimes is frustrating... that’s a whole other topic.

ATM Kindred is my favorite, seeing which direction the killer heads after the hook is good info. And knowing if a teammate is close or running for the save prevents me from leaving gens if I don’t need to.

Bond has been okay for me when I sub it in, mostly for avoiding leading killers into teammates or for finding someone if I need a heal. Also when down to one gen it’s nice to know which one someone is working on.

Emoathy has the range, but so limited to only seeing injured players I am not a fan unless someone could really give me a good reason to use it.

Im also trying to decide if I can go without because I would like to go with a build of DS, unbreakable, BT and adrenaline so I don’t have room

Comments

• avilmask
    avilmask Member Posts: 599

Empathy is to see if somebody is getting chased. I like kindred, it's a very good perk for a solo. In a team you don't need aura perks, unless it's ooo.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

I prefer bond or kindred, depending on what other perks I'm running atm. Bond helps me not to lead killer to my teammates early game, see where killer is chasing someone when he's in range, watch useless teammates. Kindred lets me and my teammates genrush a lot more efficiently and see where the killer is going after the hook

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Kindred is the best. You get info on other survivors when you need it most, with no range limits. You also get info on the killer.

It's also good for SWF since it's like OOO in that you can call out what the killer is doing after they hook.

"He is going to shack"

"He is patrolling the hook"

"Trapper put a trap near the hook"

"Hag put a trap near the hook"

"Billy if facecamping/BM'ing the hook, rush gens" (this has actually happened a few times now)

And it let's you coordinate better as a team since you can call out who should go save and whatnot (or they can see if you are the one hooked).

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Kindred is no doubt my favorite

Empathy is pretty nice to see who is in a chase, also can give you an idea wich pallets have been used

I don't like bond so much tbh, i feel the range is too limited

Alert is also a pretty good aura perk if you have it

• avilmask
    avilmask Member Posts: 599

Negated by comms. Guy hooked can do that for you instead of perk slot.

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

Yeah for now I have Kindred with DS, BT and unbreakable... I’ll do without adrenals for now

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

Just play Survive with Friends with voicechat, and get them all for free. Why waste perkslots?

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731

New kindred is great, especially for solo survivor.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

Kindred.

I don't use Empathy or Bond ever.

• Plaquer
    Plaquer Member Posts: 197

Bond is generally better than kindred since it is always available, the amount of info it gives you is very useful, most of the time you don't need to know what your teammates across the map are doing, but being able to see those nearby can help you heal injured teammates, decide you next actions based on what people around you are doing, it helps keep the killer away from your teammates and lets you know where and what objectives are being completed. Bond is so incredibly applicable that it provides an insane advantage that kindred can't always provide. Personally I believe Bond is the best aura reading perk due to its general applicability and how that information helps save time and coordinate with random teammates

• Rareware0192
    Rareware0192 Member Posts: 360

I run Kindred on all of my survivors. It’s less useful if you’re playing with friends, but for solo survivors like me it works perfectly for relaying information when you most need it.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Not always. If he gets hooked in an enclosed area he can't see what the killer is doing. Kindred gives you EXACT information about what the killer is doing around the hook.

• USELESS
    USELESS Member Posts: 1,151

Bond is great to know where not to go. example: while being chased you can evite survivors that are doing gens, what makes the progress go quicker

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

Kindred is probably the best out of these perks.

• Colton147
    Colton147 Member Posts: 523

Aftercare.

• johnmwarner
  • darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
    edited January 2020

Kindred - you get a read on who is going for the hook or if it should be you. Also detects camping - I mean if the killer is searching the immediate area hard for other survivors. Also, the most important to me, it gives you a read on the killer and their next heading. Also helps you if you are the one on the hook - other survivors have no excuse for planning out a save now.

Kindred hands down - I would call it the solo survivor's best friend right now.

Bond would be second place as it can help you avoid from becoming an obstacle in an oncoming chase or prevent you from 'accidentally' bringing the killer to other survivors working on a gen. Plus it works all the time, but range is limited.

Empathy is map wide but it is third place - really only useful if for some reason you want to expose yourself and them to you seeking them out to heal them wherever they are, otherwise I skip.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776
    1. Bond is the most reliable.
    2. Kindred if you're often paired with bad survivors.
    3. Empathy is the worse Bond. It's of little practical use to know if someone is being chased on the other side of the map.
  • ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784

Kindred all day every day.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Kindred + bond + open handed is fun

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

I used to use bond a lot, it's good info. But then kindred got a buff.

Now it's easily

Kindred > bond > empathy.

• KateMain1432
    KateMain1432 Member Posts: 6

You guys should start running aftercare

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,093

Bond all the way. Helps to be efficient. Kindred is also a pretty nice option, also, helps with efficiency, even tho it is more situational.

Empathy is crap in my opinion. You dont need to know what is happening on the other side of the Map, and for the rest, the 36 meters of Bond are enough. AND you will also know if a healthy person is chased next to you when using Bond.

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

I don't equip bond or empathy for a very simple reason: if I see what my team is doing, it'll piss me off. Solo survivor is rough.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615

Kindred is delicious.

I already liked it before, but i don't think it was so popular cause you had to be caught to give others a benefit.

Now others can get caught and you get the benefit, it's a pretty massive buff.

• scarslookgood
    scarslookgood Member Posts: 157

I am super-crazy inattentive and easily distracted, so I use Kindred AND Bond (or Empathy, if I don't have Bond on a Survivor). Sometimes, I put on Spine Chill with it too and then have a 'floating' 4th perk, because I'm that bad at minding my surroundings.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

Empathy.

It’s like a long-range Bond, but with the people who matter. The person who gets injured is usually very close to the killer. Their actions tell you if they’re still being chased. This is better info than Spine Chill.

Furthermore, you can plan out risky maneuvers if you know where the action is. Flashlight saves, Instaheals, protection hits, etc. Need to heal someone for challenges? Easy!

• johnmwarner

OMG it’s not just me? I started playing around with Spine chill and now when I try to take it off I get paranoid until I first hear that it’s a killer with Terror radius.

Right? I never realized how little some players do until I started running these. I’m working on a gen when someone gets hooked and kindred shows me the other two teammates on the other side of the map, with gens blocked by Corrupt... or Bond shows me one teammate hiding in a long while I get chased and another following the chase around for over a minute with a flashlight that he has no clue how to save with...

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267

I like all of them and in a swf group too. Kindred is first from all of the ones you mentioned.

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238

Bond, Kindred, and Open Handed. I use those pretty much every game now.

• Starr43
    Starr43 Member Posts: 873

Kindred is like BBQ for survivors. Usually you’ll know if the Killer is heading your way or not.

• Starr43
    Starr43 Member Posts: 873

Since Kindred was changed it shows you where everyone else is and it shows the Killers aura unless they are undetectable. It works while any survivor is on the hook now, you don’t have to be the one hanging.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Kindred all the way

• BloodyNights
    BloodyNights Member Posts: 526

I'm a big fan of bond it gives a ton of info.

Just recently today I said I would try what I deemed a stupid build just for fun. Bond/Kindred/Open Handed/Distortion. I was in a SWF group though not a 4 stack. 3 stack, but one of them doesn't ever speak on coms. So it was more like a 2 stack with a survivor who couldn't communicate, but could hear you. I was honestly surprised at how effective the build was. I had a ton of info. I could relay if the killer had nurses, or BBQ. I could also tell my teammates where the killer was headed after a hook, and in some cases the best approach for when the killer was camping. Bond's extra range also helped me be able to find a teammate very easily. Even if it could be communicated it was much faster and accurate than trying to say where they were if it wasn't lets say, main building, or the shack. It was used for heals, information on chases, and even where the hatch might have been.

Over all it was a solid build imo. I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. But if I had to give my opinion on best to worst out of the three. Bond>Kindred>Empathy. I don't think I'd run Empathy unless I just didn't have any other useful perks at all. Bond gives a ridiculous amount of information. Kindred also gives a lot of information, but I don't feel like it's as helpful all the time like Bond is. But they are close.

• andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940
    edited January 2020

Use the free perk "SWF with Comms", this makes those aura perks pointless, doesn't take a perk slot and does so much more.

... you'll be fine, I just need friends :'(

• Chmurkaz
    Chmurkaz Member Posts: 52
    edited January 2020

You should try aftercare + we'll make it, really underrated combination but only if you're being really altruistic and prioritize healing and unhooking.

With this you know what exacly is your whole team doing, your teammates prioritize gens because know you're going for unhook, you can start going earlier because aura of carried survivor is revealed, or just focus on generator if someone is close to hooked person.When someone is chased, where they shouldn't run, the same applies for you. Where to run to heal yourself or where someone should run for heal(60 second we'll make it is so usefull in these situations) where is oppened exit gate or where to run if you're opening an exit.

Also don't be discouraged about aura reseting every time you're hooked.After unhooking you'll already got 1 aura back, maybe even more because you still need to be healed. Three perks in one,have unlimited range, works independently of situation,requires very little, others also benefit from it and can coordinate your team to be really efficient.The only difference is it don't reveal killer aura.

Oh almost forgotten thanks to it you can also really make use of emotes.Examples:come here for heal, help with generator, killer is comming to your generator, go there, go for unhook e.t.c

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Not taking on hooks for your mates is the opposite of altruistic. This build sounds unreliable and I'd rather use Kindred or NOLB.

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238

It's okay, I play survivor so I can afford to waste them. Kindred + Open Handed is pretty busted btw.

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

Kindred and/or Aftercare. I'll run either or, sometimes both, because they help me enormously as a solo player. Knowing where everyone is at, and potentially who needs help, is crucial for me to assist everyone better so we have a chance at escaping.

Aftercare also helps with gens, cause most of the time whoever can see me will come over and we can bust out gens together. One reason I like that Nancy Perk, although I don't use it currently.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Bond is good as it shows you when a survivor is bringing the killer you’re way. So often people bring Myers towards me as he’s just about to pop EW3 and then I get punished for it. On too of that you get information on which gens are being worked on, and who can heal you or who needs healing nearby.

Kindred is amazing now. It makes getting an unhook really easy as you can see the killers aura so if you’re nearby you can easily avoid line of sight.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

Kindred is a must for solo.The rest, I'd say good for farming healing of repair points.

• Sleephartha
    Sleephartha Member Posts: 242

I think the teammate aura perks are underestimated and underutilized. I use all of them at different times depending on mood and how I want to play.

Right now I use Kindred the most because you get everyone’s aura at a key time. You can see which way the killer is heading (and which killer it is) and get a good idea of if you need to save. There’s also the side benefit of teammates having more info for saving you.

I love Aftercare because of the unlimited range, possibility of seeing everyone, and the 2 way visuals. This is often invaluable for getting gens done in late game and avoiding a lot of endgame bs when there’s just 2 survivors. The downside is sometimes that you get sandbagged by your less sportsmanly teammates.

Bond is cool because like Kindred you get key info: the teammates around you. But it’s useless when everyone’s elsewhere and no useful killer info usually..

Empathy is nice because you can get early info on where the killer and players are from early hits. And helps you heal those in need.

Overall I find Kindred and Aftercare most useful and usually run them with WMI because they promote saving of teammates and I may as well also heal them super quick. There are TONS of times WMI comes in handy when the killer is on a multiple down streak. Unhook one, fast heal, then fast heal the slugged teammate, etc.

• ppo8820
    ppo8820 Member Posts: 763

I love kindred. It not only shows where my teammates are and if someone’s going to a rescue, but I can see if killers camping as well. I think it’s the best one.

• illusion
    illusion Member Posts: 887

I love kindred. It shows your entire team at the time that it is most important, and where the killer is and which direction they are heading. Once the killer is outside the radius, you can see the aura of your teammates to see if they are being chased. If so, you still know where the killer is and if it is safe to go for the rescue. You can also see if the killer is placing traps or hexes by the hook. Obviously you can also see if others are going for the save, or working on gens. More importantly, everyone else on your team sees it too.

Of course, it is not as useful if your are using voice chat.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Honestly they're all really good. It just depends on the information you value. Kindred is arguably the best since it's buff.

• Tovick
    Tovick Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2020

I Used to love empathy but honestly, I find it more usefull to know whats happening nearby me, so i find Bond to be the better perk.. It also shows where people are leading killers to, where injured people are, or just when you need a heal, where someone is.. Bond beats empathy because of this for me. I dont care what happens faraway in the map. But near me, thats what i want to know.. Kindred.. I try to use it in my solo builds, its so usefull to learn if other people are trying to do a save or not. and if killer is camping.