Borrowed time,do you use it?

Options

I told you guys already that I'll make a series called (...do you use it?)

I'll keep switching to killer/survivor so it is fair. Survivors turn

Borrowed time,the anticamp perk,do you use it? Do you also feel bad for using it? Let me know down below :3

PS;I'm going to continue posting them because I want to hear the community's opinion on every perk

Comments

• Khar
    Khar Member Posts: 640
    Options

Borrowed time + WGLF, hell yeah.

• Aura_babyy
    Aura_babyy Member Posts: 583
    Options

Borrowed with WGLF oh yeah baby swag BP

• ruler33
    ruler33 Member Posts: 244
    Options

i don't use it i think its only a good perk in like an endgame situation other than that it just causes you to farm your teammate

• Mert_MK
    Mert_MK Member Posts: 674
    Options

I use it very often.

Don't see why i should feel bad for using it when camping and tunneling Killers are so common.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,504
    Options

I use it, but I dont hookrush. So I unhook people when the Killer is away, but when they dont go away, I have BT.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,774
    Options

Definitely. I think its an essential for survivor.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    Options

I always use it. If I play swf and make a mistake I dont want my teammates to pay for it.

Also to the camper at end game this perk is op!

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Options

Sometimes.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    Options

Rarely do I use it in solo queue. More often than not, one of my teammates gets to the hook before I can.

In fact, I avoid "unhook" perks in general for this reason.

• Majora
    Majora Member Posts: 207
    Options

Most buffed perk in the game. Almost as overpowered as DS

• joker7997
    joker7997 Member Posts: 899
    Options

Yes with wglf

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    Options

Hah I wish everyone used it. I can't count how many times I've gotten unsafely unhooked without BT.

But yeah, I'm sure every SWF always uses it.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776
    Options

I don't use it. When I play survivor, it's always solo and randos are generally overly altruistic. So, I either take aggro or do gens. Also, BT is most effective endgame, when the camp is in the facd . Too many ways for killers to prevent it from proc'ing when they camp early to late. Super common for stealth killers, but also small terror radious killers who proxy, Insidious, M&A, Demogorgons doing the cheese teleporting to a portal 10m away, etc.

I'd rather have my own get out of jail card. Whenever I don't use DS, I always regret it.

• EleaticStranger
    EleaticStranger Member Posts: 81
    Options

I appreciate what this perk does, but I hate how some players use it. BT is not an excuse to make reckless saves. I find that survivors will sometimes DC if they feel like a teammate screws them over with an imprudent hook save. It can just encourage a killer to tunnel more. That said, for sure - it's an awesome perk.

• ThatMetal1
    ThatMetal1 Member Posts: 28
    Options

Usual build is Borrowed Time, bond, kindred, and prove thyself. play solo red ranks on pc. when some angry killer is trying to camp, it feels pretty satisfying to help a teammate out. BT works well most of the time. cloaked wraith, freddys dream, and crouching pig can mess with it as most know but its a perk I run to be clutch when its needed.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267
    Options

Yeah, sometimes :)

• silverwolf4455
    silverwolf4455 Member Posts: 496
    Options
  • liquidlight
    liquidlight Member Posts: 344
    Options

I don't use it because, in my opinion (not everyone will agree), it's only really useful in the end game situation when someone gets hooked near a gate. I've tried using it in matches and the killer will still tunnel the person until they knock them down again. Sure it buys time but not much. Then you have experienced killers who will be just outside of range and run back to the hook but BT didn't count because they weren't close enough. It just seems like a "please tunnel this person so we (the others) have more time to do our thing" perk to me, which is sort of messed up for the other person if they're a random. I just don't find it useful but I've seen clutch moments, far and few, where it was. Mostly in EG or if someone was an amazing runner.

• Fleece
    Fleece Member Posts: 253
    edited January 2020
    Options

No since I don't really play altruistic because a lot of the time everyone else races to rescue and tbh I'm the type of survivor that will leave your carcass to die if it would impede my escape and I have.

• Omans
    Omans Member Posts: 1,081
    Options

If you are not willing to take a hit for a teammate, or use borrowed time (which is useful in probably 90+ percent of matches), then you have probably caused your team to die more than you are aware.

Borrowed time is easily one of the best survivor perks, and can mean the difference between a full team wipe and everyone escaping.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,880
    Options

Borrowed, We'll make it, Decisive and Dead Hard. Or short name: The double pip build.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,286
    Options

I use it quite a lot, mostly because I'm the kind of player that likes to sacrifice myself for others at endgame so they can escape 😄

I don't see why I'd feel bad for using it.

• PapiQuentin_
    PapiQuentin_ Member Posts: 889
    Options

I have the same build but Adrenaline instead of We'll make it.

If I'm in the mood for extra bps I take BT off for WGLF but I usually use BT

• luka2211
    luka2211 Member Posts: 1,433
    Options

I used to run it alot before,but after dedi servers arrived i swapped it for resilience cause i don't trust dedi servers. Now i'm running resilience dh,ds,iron will. And before i was running bt,dh,ds, iron will

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

I don't have it unlocked yet but i probably would use it if i had it

Although i rarelly get unsafe unhooks as when a killer is near when i unhook i tend to bodyblock for the person so I'm not sure actually

• Scytere
    Scytere Member Posts: 123
    Options

You bet ya with WGLF, I farm my team for those sweet BPs. Wha wha?

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

Sometimes.

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793
    Options

I don’t usually use it because I make “smart saves,” but then there are those end game camps where I really really really wish I had it

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210
    Options

I love that on these forums you reply"yes" "no" or "sometimes" without justifying xd

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

Anyone can choose whatever Perks they want, i don't see a need to justify my decision.

• Jacksansyboy
    Jacksansyboy Member Posts: 174
    Options

I don't use it, it's useless 90% of the time, because I just do a safe unhook. I don't want to bring 1 perk every game for the tiny chance someone camps. Even if you get borrowed time on a survivor, the killer can just walk after them and wait till it's gone, or can just do a normal chase with them hitting them twice. Basically, if i have a normal game, i won't need it, and if a killer really cares about killing someone borrowed time only gives them a little bit more time to get away.

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994
    Options

Always. I see so much camper in the game, esp. when all 5 gens are done, that it is at least mandatory for me, to unhook somebody and don't lose my altruistic points, because of the camper and a not safe unhook.

Without so much camping, i would not use it.

• premiumRICE
    premiumRICE Member Posts: 798
    Options

Theres no reason not to use it, its one of the best perks

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968
    Options

BT isn't a perk I normally run honestly.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144
    Options

It's almost a must have for me.

You can't rely on your teammates not go down, so having BT is good insurance.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,759
    Options

Rarely. It's a very good perk but unless I'm doing a BP or altruism build it doesn't make it into my load out.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 7,989
    Options

Just recently started using this after getting it off the shrine. Its nice being able to go for saves that would NORMALLY be death sentences. Recently got basement hooked along with 2 of my teammates against a Bubba, only to manage to kobe off and BT save my teammates to keep the game alive, lol.

• inferjus
    inferjus Member Posts: 479
    Options

No, I try to not use any meta perks on survivors (except Dead Hard, but dedicated servers are great counter to it) and Borrowed Time is one of these perks.