What is the obsession with saying Killers only want 4K?

If anything it is a strawman. There is no killer player screaming about not getting 4Ks all the time. When I play Killer I don't need a 4K. I want a competitive, fun game without survivors being toxic/bullying. Spamming vaults, tbagging at the exit gate, "EZ baby killer" in chat. Not high standards really and I highly doubt I am alone.

Comments

• PoisonN
    PoisonN Member Posts: 624

Same. Tbh, when I play killer I'm more worried with stupid maps than survivors

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

The devs themselves said not to draw any conclusions from that data since it's not completely accurate. It was meant to be entertaining.

• PalletOrWhat
    PalletOrWhat Member Posts: 265

What's wrong with that anyway? I want my 4k, yes (3k with hatch escape is also ok). 

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

I just ignore the "4k" comments

I only play to have fun

• VincentRedfield
    VincentRedfield Member Posts: 285

Feel free to provide a screenshot of where the devs said that. It's the best data there is out there about survival rates.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

Here's the link to the original thread: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/61114/community-community-data-requests#latest

Here's the first paragraph:

Earlier this week, we asked you what statistics you would like to see. Since then, we have collected data on some of the most popular requests and designed some fancy graphics for them. There are a few things to note:

• This data does not include the recent PTB.
    • Data involving rank was collected shortly before a rank reset (April 1st to April 7th).
    • These are very general statistics, so use caution before drawing any conclusions.

Pay particular attention to the very last sentence.

These are very general statistics, so use caution before drawing any conclusions.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,333
    edited January 2020
  • VincentRedfield
    edited January 2020

Rather different from "The devs themselves said not to draw any conclusions from that data since it's not completely accurate."

4 Man SWF with an escape rate just under 50%. Does not seem very OP at all.

And you're also well aware of If the stats said something like "4 man SWF 75% survival rate" we would see it 50 million times like that Tru3 video.

50% escape rate=very survivor favored game according to killer mains.

• LordGlint

In all fairness, while SWF may get more information and coordination to help them mid match...They also tend to turn suicidal to get that 1 guy out when the gates are powered and a 1k turns to a 4k.

• VincentRedfield

Doesn't really make a difference why. The result is the devs ran stats and found their survival rate was not even at the 50% mark. Yet killer mains would have us believe they are basically auto aim hackers in call of duty.

• LordGlint

Id say they're accurate, just misleading. You have plenty of games that were close all game with the killer making the survivors really sweat to get out that result in 4 escapes, while also having games where the killer barely influences the survivors at all all game, only to get a 4k after the gates are powered due to over-altruism or something (dont bumrush the hook when Bubba is standing infront of it...).

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • gorgono1
    gorgono1 Member Posts: 43
    edited January 2020

Not every killer buddy. I am one of those Nurses mains that expects to get 4k if I do well. And if you think about it, why shouldn't I? I put a lot of time in learning her and I expect to be rewarded for that. If survivors want to escape, they should learn how to play against the Nurse and how to juke her, not cry she is OP.

As a killer you rely on survivors mistakes, yes even as the Nurse and 4k almost never happens against good SWF groups. People who say they 4k at red rank all the time without ruin are lying or playing against potatoes.

Now with ruin gone it is going to be impossible to get 4k at high ranks.

• Daddy_Ding_Dong
    Daddy_Ding_Dong Member Posts: 55

To be fair, the developers did say that the data was to be taken with a grain of salt, which basically says they are inconclusive and not 100% accurate.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Daddy_Ding_Dong

While it doesn't mean inaccurate directly, it does literally mean that the stats prove nothing. So by association...you prove nothing, and haven't won any debates with anyone.

• Daddy_Ding_Dong
    edited January 2020

I didn't think I was trashtalking...but okay there, bud. I was about as polite and respectful as possible. You're the only one that looks bad here.

Have fun on your imaginary soap box..I guess?

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

Get Rancor and camp doomed obsession. After you have fun with rancor open a gate and go block a totem, a chest or the other gates switch. Let them have a boring game.

• VincentRedfield

So you did good because the survivors were too heroic and dumb.

But how many rounds does the killer underperform because the killer player was bad?

Really impossible to say either unless the analyst watches the matches.

• LordGlint

Which is why the devs stated when posting the info... to take it with a grain of salt and not draw conclusions from those charts.

• I only want 4k.

Under 3 minutes.

Make it the balance standard.

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,689

Please keep the discussion civil and respectful, no need to attack one another over a different opinion.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

It's just a different way to call people "tryhards" which is a complete non-arguement to begin with when it's exclusively about in-match behavior and doesn't include a genuinely unhealthy and entitled attitude on top of it.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,237

Survivors demeaning killers for actually having to play to win to actually win.

Survivors dont need to escape to pip

High rank killers dont even pip with 3k sometimes.

• TheCrookedMan
    TheCrookedMan Member Posts: 282

Also for those who talk about the stats about red ranks getting more than a few kills there's a 2 VERY important things that aren't taken into consideration

1. Survivor is easier to Rank up in Red Ranks. A rank 4, or even 3 is about still on the level of purple ranks. A rank 1 killer at the very top will have far more skill than a rank 4 or 3 or maybe even 2. A rank 4, 3 or 2 killer will be better than survivors at those ranks, simply because of how forgiven emblems are to survivors.

2. There are far fewer killers than survivors. That's pretty simple.

Thank you for reading now NEVER use these stats in these arguments EVER again. There's a reason the devs say not to draw any conclusions from them, but people are doing their damnest to ignore it.

• Colton147
    Colton147 Member Posts: 523

Majority of killer mains prefer to harass people and threaten the developers.

• TheCrookedMan

Also yes its an easy way to discredit someone in an argument by accusing them of only wanting an easy win.

• TheCrookedMan

Generalizing isn't very nice, and I ask to please refrain from doing so.

• Karl_Childers
    Karl_Childers Member Posts: 669

That is false. The data released is accurate, as was the last set of data. All the devs say is you can’t necessarily draw certain conclusions because of the variables in every game. You seem to take that as meaning the numbers are incorrect, you are wrong. For example, you can’t look at the kill rate stats for each killer and say it’s inaccurate. The numbers are a fact. The debate lies with drawing a conclusion that x killer is too strong or too weak because of their kill rate. That’s what the devs mean, not that the data is wrong.

• Colton147
    Colton147 Member Posts: 523

It sadly takes a few bad apples to spoil the bunch.

With many negative threads as of lately, I've seen many of them bash the community and the developers.

• _VTK_
    _VTK_ Member Posts: 383
    edited January 2020

No one ever said that the stats were inaccurate, don't look for excuses.

What Peanits surely meant is that you have to be cautious when interpreting the stats. That's a common phrase to ANY stats.

One example: even though SWF's escape rate is almost identical to solo escape rate, SWF is surely theoretically much stronger than solo on paper, but SWF is super-altruistic. But. It's SWF's nature, people are friends, so it's natural that they are playing more altruistic, altruism is part of the game. The stats accurately represent their real escape rate, they just don't tell any details and don't tell "why".

For solo, there's surely not much to discuss, the average escape rate is around 30-35%, even if you don't fool around, anyone playing solo can confirm that.

• Psypho_Diaz
    Psypho_Diaz Member Posts: 185

Man I agree, even at rank 9 green rank I've seen 4 rank 2s against me. I'm not afraid to admit it but I straight DC until I'm rank 11 or 12 because like you said I'm trying to have fun or play with a new killer and I don't feel like I should have to try hard, or deal with teabags because some DBD lifer knows exactly where and when to go to be safe.

And no matter what, red ranks always message some toxic ######### after a match, win or lose it even if your wraith invisible in the basement the whole time, they still have to respond with something.

This is why I don't care about DCing, 90% of the time I'm right on the money, all red ranks with 2-3 DS, BT, DH perks between all of them. When they sling toxic crap my way, I just say "thanks, deranking anyway going to return the favor to the yellow and brown ranks and ruin their game" which gets a "that's pretty pathetic man", setting me up for "says the red rank to the green rank who just wants to have fun". Usually they shut up at this point or they just say blame behavior.

Bottom line is ######### red rank survivors.

• Johnble
    Johnble Member Posts: 175

In my experience, the only killers obsessed with getting a 4k are the players that take the game too seriously and want survivors to only play certain characters or bring in certain items or they play like jerks.

• TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943

Who's to say the survivors don't want to play like jerks when they use certain items, it's a matter of perspective, if a killer sees a key or some toolboxes. He has to change how he's gonna play to stop those items getting there full value. If it means being called a jerk to stop the game from ending earlier than normal so be it, I say.

• TKTK

We really need individual ranks for all killers, I wouldn't have started playing Oni if i didn't save up bloodpoints to get decent perks.

• Psypho_Diaz

1M bloodpoints doesn't even make it to teachable perks and if you have several already unlocked, you won't unlock the ones you want it you won't get them to a high tier.

Other than that I 100% agree with you. On the same note, you shouldn't have to use BPS earned by other characters to level up the one you want to play.

• TKTK

I got lucky and got want i needed to work with but yeah I know what you mean I had to do that with ghostface and constantly grind on another killer.

• Psypho_Diaz

My favorite is when people dis on a build I pick when they can't see what level my killer is or what perk selection I have.

Currently running spirit for the conniption achievement, and I run NOED (easier to down people with haunting) with Rancor (also makes one easy down) because I only have 4 perks at tier 3. This gets me hate mail.

• TKTK

You're using noed and spirit hatemail is an inevitability. Either one on there own will get you hatemail even though spirit got nerfed already.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

Too many people missing @SpaceCoconut 's point. As he said you're just nitpicking over words if all you can say is "but the stats are accurate!"

Point is, the stats can't be looked at simply as "survivors playing the game normally and trying to escape."

It's just simply amazing how many people would rather nitpick over a single word than just accept the overall message of "don't take these stats at face value." It shows how little effort people will put in when "trying" to make a point.