Ruin nerf really necessary

Let’s be real guys was the ruin nerf really that necessary? I get that the devs want the help new players but you can’t help them by spoon feeding them and catering to them because it hurts the competitive players. I had a few ideas on how to balance the game for casual and competitive and I thought about secondary perk tiers that change at certain ranks to become stronger and on par with the other side, another suggestion was adding a casual and a ranked mode where causal adds all ranks and ranked is for ranked match making also I had a theory about what they are gonna do since ranks are being removed from end title , my theory is that they are gonna turn off match making and put everyone together as a experiment. Idk it’s a dumb theory but a theory nonetheless put your comments below :)

Comments

• Fleece
    Fleece Member Posts: 253

Pretty good job so far

• Groxiverde
    Groxiverde Member Posts: 767

I wouldn't mind the ruin nerf if they added a secondary objective for survivors or something like that.

• Xerge
    Xerge Member Posts: 928

No, it wasn't.

@ppo8820 came up with a simple idea that would've been much better; instead of nerfing ruin they could've just made the perk available for purple/red ranks killers. Other perks could recieve the same treatment for both sides and actually make ranking up more rewarding.

I honestly don't think this is a bad idea and the way I see it, I don't know how it's possible that nobody at BHVR came up with something like this.

• sorrowen
    sorrowen Member Posts: 742

Ruin only ever gave issues to bad survivors I've seen ruin up and gens pop just the same with great or good survivors.

• TerrorTrooper
    TerrorTrooper Member Posts: 94

be nice if new ruin was not a hex since totems don't last that long mostly for it to be effective

• SupaSlay3r20
    SupaSlay3r20 Member Posts: 139

If perks were based on rank, then the ranking system would definitely be in need of changes. As it is right now, rank is basically just time played and hardly represents skill.

Perks based off of rank would also encourage deranking and smurf accounts. If you had to a rank 8+ to use ruin, then survivors would just derank to avoid ruin.

Matchmaking would also be an issue as it is in it's current state. It wouldn't be fair for a green rank to go up against a red rank who has access to all perks while the green rank can't use certain perks.

• Xerge

Yes, the ranking system would need to change, but not only that, maps also need to change. This just isn't the right time to nerf ruin.

And I think the idea is that you would lose access to certain perks, maybe items and add ons if you derank. Maybe even limit the amount of perks you can use; something similar to killing floor.

• SupaSlay3r20
    SupaSlay3r20 Member Posts: 139

In my opinion, balanced anything around rank is just a bad idea in general. It would be really annoying for a rank reset to screw you over because you lose a perk slot or access to a perk.

• Xerge

I wouldn't if I knew what I'm paying for. Of course you'd be pissed if you thought you'd get access to everything just because you bought a game, but the idea of leveling/ranking up to unlock perks and stuff isn't anything new that we haven't seen before in a video game.

• Xerge

At least it's better than being screwed over by the devs and losing any chance of using ruin again. I personally wouldn't mind, but matchmaking would need to be optimal.

• Xerge

I honestly don't think the change would be very drastic. You already need to use bloodpoints to unlock more perk slots and more perks on the bloodweb and you already know you have to level up your character to level up different perks.

Unlocking/locking them would be just a thing for the sake of balance and profit, assuming Hex: Ruin is kinda hurting BHVR on the sales and driving newbies away from the game. I honestly think it would be a better alternative than what we are getting now, but to each his own.

• matt6996
    matt6996 Member Posts: 82

Its funny how they want new ruin to be a late game perk but hex's never last till late game lol

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

Of course the Ruin nerf wasn't necessary. It's like this: The playerbase hasn't been growing for 1.5 years, despite some great licenses that have been added to the game. Now the devs want to make changes to the game so that new survivor players don't stop playing after a couple of tries.

But Ruin isn't the main reason why people stop playing, so this won't solve the problem.

• TerrorTrooper

lol i have to agree with that, they would have to remove the hex part to make it usable if you need it for late game.

• Shi
    Shi Member Posts: 156

If they want to help new players, just buff  "THIS IS NOT HAPPEN" without injuring.

Hex:Ruin is often used, but few people equip "Small game" to counter it. (on the other hand, red ranks don't have problem in skill check)

Gen speed is the main problem in red ranks

• sorrowen
    sorrowen Member Posts: 742

Stranger things provided a bump in the playerbase but it didn't last long and events have brought in less and less.

• TerrorTrooper

i play on console ps4 and sadly killers can find a game in 15 seconds and you have to wait about 10 minutes to play as a survivor depending on the day. I can see problem in player base if a lot killer players relied on ruin to prevent the gen rush, which is unstoppable at times when survivors can hit every skill check or get hex in under 16 seconds of match start. Even worse against swf and voice chat. (need a check box to check to not play against them) lol