Help me with my Oni Perks.

GaunterODimm
GaunterODimm Member Posts: 70
edited January 2020 in General Discussions

New with Oni but was wondering what add on and perk works the best for Oni?

Like are add ons to increase blood orbs acquisition good?

How about the add on to increase passive charge rate for Yamaokas' wrath?

Is it just me or the red add on pretty bad and just hurts Oni more in the long run?

I've been using Monitor and Abuse to help me get that first hit in as well as maybe catch people off guard by running around with demon dash and coming from an unexpected angle at least so far it seems to work?

Then using Nurse's calling to help with finding people healing while running around the map or get a general idea where blood orbs are?

Do sloppy butcher apply to his club? Infectious fright better?

Comments

• Xerge
    Xerge Member Posts: 928

For add ons I prefer: Scalped topknot + Akito's Cruth or Kanai-Anzen Talisman

For perks I tend to use; Haunted grounds (to get those instadowns early), infectious fright and rancor.

• GaunterODimm

Yes I amassed BP and dumped it all on Oni? I'm interested in what other build the others are using as I'm having a difficult time on what to use. If there's people who used Oni since day 1 then I'm also curious how much these add on affects things in match and are they worth using because so far I think more time for Demon is the best?

• GaunterODimm

Thanks is there a low cost meta add on to use? People like to use?

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

Very curious to see how this goes. I've got all perks on Oni and am finding him underwhelming to say the least; the charging nature of his Power almost works against him.

I run

Nurses Calling

Sloppy Butcher

BBQ (for BPs!)

Bloodhound (as I'm colour blind)

Although am liking the sound of Infectious Fright, if it does work with the Club!

• luka2211
    luka2211 Member Posts: 1,433

IF is great on him,you can snowball pressure if you can get downs with his power

• Eye66
    Eye66 Member Posts: 822

Oni is pretty bad; nurses, bbq, spirit fury, enduring maybe? Pop may not work since you need reliable hooks

• HeavenRoad
    HeavenRoad Member Posts: 78

Infectious Fright does not work on his club hits? You sure? Im about to level him up and I heard infectious is really good in him?

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,360

Infectious fright works on ANY downs. You can pull someone out of a locker, have someone accidentally forget to mend after getting hit with BT, ect...and infectious fright will proc.

Infectious fright is actually really handy on ANY instadown killers, including Oni. Pairing it with monitor just makes it even better.

• Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 985

I run

-Brutal Strength

- Pop

-BBQ

-Ruin

It's kind of a standard build and if you really want to use your demon fury to chain downs you can swap pop for Infectious Fright.

Brutal Strength is an amazing perk on him. Pallets are the mortal enemy of the Oni, both before he has demon fury and after he activates it. You need to hit survivors in order to charge your ability, and every pallet you spend less time breaking is more time catching up to get that first hit. Its also amazing in demon fury, as breaking pallets via space with brutal strength is even faster than breaking them with your demon strike ability, and will let you use your demon fury to catch back up even more quickly in a fury chase. I don't think I'd ever play Oni without Brutal if I had the choice.

Not much explaining to do with Pop/Infectious. They're both just efficiency perks that let you play better. I tend to use pop, but I prefer getting a quick down with fury then picking them up immediately to save charge on my next demon fury attack. So I tend to use pop.

BBQ. Great for popping demon fury and rushing to your next survivor. The bonus BP are huge and rhe aura reading can let you either use your ability to quickly get into the next chase, and especially slow gen progress if you're using pop.

Ruin is for beginning game slow down obviously. I prefer it to corrupt because I want to know if there's a survivor in the area that was working on the gen. You don't get that indicate with corrupt. As long as it stays up you can be fairly confident that even a long first chase is being played efficiently as possible.

(Copy pasted from another similar thread)

• HeavenRoad
    HeavenRoad Member Posts: 78
  • IceCreamPrincess
    IceCreamPrincess Member Posts: 226

For Oni you either want to focus on perks that let you get hits, or help maintain the hits you've gained.

First build is all about just hitting guys and brute forcing: BBQ (duh), enduring, spirit fury (lets you really get those hits in, and breaking pallets is easy in demon mode), ruin/pgtw/surge. This'll work with any add ons, but usually i use topknot and then either the oni mask or splintered hull

Second build is about getting a few hits and then demon mode it up: BBQ (or anything you want), Sloppy Butcher (more they bleed, more blood for you), Thanotophobia (really keep the bleeds), and then Ruin/pgtw/surge etc. Add ons that are good is topknot again, and then lions fang or the other one that adds time to the demon mode

Final build and my go to is speed demon: BBQ (BloodBointsQuicker), Nemesis (to get them obsessions quickly), Play With Your Food (get the stacks, speed, and then many many free hits and easier demon time), and then slowdown perk blah blah blah (or if you're really saucy, furtive chase to really spook people). Add ons include topknot again (really i just love that add on) and then really anything would work, but for the truely saucy, renjiros glove really sauces it up

Tbh, Oni is kinda mediocre at the higher ranks, little pressure at the start of match, needs to build up, and annoying loud so even with Monitor people will hear you first. I however adore his aesthetic so hes one of my most played killers now. Hes weak to pip with too, due to early concession of a few gens hurting gatekeeper, and then the one shots hurting chaser, but adversity just makes me him more

Plus watching a survivor freak out when you enter demom mode is the funniest

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,360

Monitor lowers your TR while not in chase, but boosts it while in chase. This means with Oni... he'll be able to get closer abit easier to land those normal hits needed to get his power, but when hes using his power and 1 shotting ppl...his TR will be 40 meters, making infectous fright show you anyones location within 40 meters of you instead of the normal 32.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

I use bbq, pgtw, sloppy and infectious fright

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Monitor and infectious are both great on him. You need some slowdown because he has the single worst early-game out of all the killers so maybe corrupt is a good idea as well. For add-ons, the topknot is completely busted, and that's really all I know about his add-ons

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

Early insta downs are actually bad for Oni. You don't get the power progression when downing healthy survivors and downed survivors don't spawn blood orbs. That slows your power down.

@HeavenRoad @LordGlint Monitor makes it even better: you get the high TR notifications and then the chase is over, making the TR small again, so you have a better chance to approach your next target, making snowballing double effective.

@GaunterODimm for addons:

I think the passive charging addon is really bad. The rate is so damn slow that it almost never makes a difference if you take the addon or not. In rare cases it might be that you need one or 2 blood orbs less than without the addon, to get to your next rage mode.

The red addons are not even near OP but they are not too bad if you adapt your playstyle a bit. The aura reading was pretty OP on PTB. Now you need to keep the blood orbs up instead of consuming them and more rely on healthy hits. That makes you get to demon mode less often, but gives you a lot of information. Healing and injured cleansing/repairing is not possible anymore without you noticing, so this is even better than nurses calling. Mapwide and applying to any interaction. The "Infectious Fright on missed demon strike" addon is bad in chases. You have to use it as kind of sonar. When you like to slug in demon mode to get more pressure and dash to gens, you can use it to find out if the progressed gen has a survivor around. Think about the easiest or best hiding spot and try to cover most of it with your 12m radius and hit randomly to the ground. The addon shows you if anyone tried to cover, so you waste much less time to find someone while charging around the map

• Xerge
    Xerge Member Posts: 928

In my experience It's actually pretty good, because you don't have to waste time building up your power to get one or two instadowns and gain some momentum, plus they do leave blood orbs after they're unhooked, because they're injured. We'll make it would be a problem, but I hardly see anyone using it.

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293

I run thrilling tremors

pop goes the weasel

dying light

bbq and my add on's

Scalped topknot + akito's crutch

Scalped topknot + kanai-anzen talisman

Lion fang + akito's crutch

Lion fang + kanai-anzen talisman