So, because of Hex: Ruin changes are you gonna stop playing or switch to survivor?

KillerMonkey236
KillerMonkey236 Member Posts: 35

So, because of Hex: Ruin changes are you gonna stop playing or switch to survivor? 98 votes

Stop playing
10%
FabyoulustDarqPhoenixMegaWafflelewfairbrotheryakiudonMegHasCuteFeetalordisha2010kurgan8282Dinasypizzamess 10 votes
Play as survivor now
24%
RuneStarrGibberishBrendanLeeTNurseVSWeepingAngelsSpacingLlamasYandereKunCyberianFauxmusstang62SylorknagUistreelKycerMacmillanMrsGhostface[Deleted User]TroJokerPToastyyBigTimeGamertherikoSegu 24 votes
Play through it
50%
aGoodOldRubPuggyMohawkBossLithuanianBardAdelooFrozenMelonFibijeanCrtKazzGalklifeAcesthetiicTapeKnotGrandkuramaElkad19970Fog_KingCremox69HoodiedTAGAzurlynx 49 votes
Other: Comment
15%
JesyaPardon_My_DwightRWoodrowTheLegendDyl4n1TragicSolitudesmappdoodayobudddxEaRipleHHH89CarlosyluManíaco_da_garrafaDeKillerKillerLordRegalLofepramineASadGaymer 15 votes

Comments

• DarqPhoenix
    DarqPhoenix Member Posts: 34
    edited January 2020
    Stop playing

I've always played both sides and I will continue to, ruin might be good but you can play without it being as it is. this change will not have a huge impact on how I play. I clicked other but it says I chose "stop playing" not sure what's up with that lol

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

I'm not gonna be playing, but it's not due to the changes. Just have another game that's gonna snag my attention coming out in a couple days here...

• DeKillerKiller
    DeKillerKiller Member Posts: 547

I have other games to play first over DBD right now. As fun as it is to slice and dice survivors in this game, admittedly it has a lot of technical flaws that prevents me from enjoying it as much has I could right now.

• BlackRainbow
    BlackRainbow Member Posts: 40
    Play through it

I only play killer when I have to do some Challanges. Not often, but sometimes I do it for fun Cus I'm bored of playing surv.

But mostly I play as survivor. I think it's not the right way how they wanna nerf ruin. Also I don't think they will do it, look how many ppl are against it, look in every forum. They would lose profit. So I bet they won't do that change or at least make it a little better.

I will still continue playing also killer bcs why should I stop only bcs of a perk change. It always depends on the situation. I only want points, don't need kills.

• alordisha2010
    alordisha2010 Member Posts: 9
    Stop playing

I will stop play this game for unfair match making system....I wrote about it many times but no action was taken.so its better to stop playing this game as there are so many games like this.

• ASadGaymer
    ASadGaymer Member Posts: 14

I have never used Hex: Ruin so this doesn't affect me

• MegHasCuteFeet
    MegHasCuteFeet Member Posts: 369
    Stop playing

I won't go through 30 mins queue in red ranks next patch lmao

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987
    Play as survivor now

Have fun finding lobbies. I’ll still play both but mostly survivor

• Lofepramine
    Lofepramine Member Posts: 174
    edited January 2020

I wasn't using ruin on all my killers, so I'll still play just prolly focus on Spirit and other killers with high mobility. Tho' seeing 4 toolboxes in the lobby isn't exciting in this situation.

Also I noticed survivor lobbies take much more time while killer is instant - used to be the other way around before they announced the change - whether is a coincidence or not, I don't know.

As someone mentioned above, matchmaking (and constant screen freezing!) has been a bigger issue for a while now.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

I would vote mine as “Extend my leave of absence”.

After I completed the rift, I was burnt out. Haven’t played one match since, though I still haunt the forums from time to time.

Okay, so I play both roles pretty evenly. With these changes coming out, I won’t see much difference as killer since I don’t use Ruin that much anyway (I never progress past purple rank FYI.) As survivor though, I expect to see exorbitant queue times and I’m not down for that. This will likely lead to survivors being rather salty and more inclined toward toxic behavior, simply because they’re frustrated with waiting, and I’m not really down for that.

So in the end, I’m going to wait for this to work itself out. PS4 has plenty to occupy my time. I’ll keep mining void crystals on Elite:Dangerous, slaying Barioths on Monster Hunter, and stepping on those teeny tiny lil humans on Titanfall. I’ll be fine! 😎

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,141

I play whatever has the shorter lobbies, basically. I rarely use Ruin, so this doesn't affect my normal gameplay. However, I expect survivor will be less fun due to an increase in NOED, moris, tunneling, and camping, but at least killers queues will hopefully be instant. Killer queues are already the shorter queues during peak hours on PS4.

• yobuddd

Might I ask which one has your attention?

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

MHW: Iceborne. Been playing it more or less nonstop all weekend since it finally came out on PC. Been waiting for almost half a year for it since it launched on consoles, so being able to experience it is consuming my free time.

• bluberryjammin
    bluberryjammin Member Posts: 4
    Play through it

working thru it is what ruins all about plus there is still stuff like popgoes and dying light so i think that dbd is still going to be a fun game

• yobuddd

Ah yes! I’ve got it on PS4 and it’s a blast! The original “World” version (pre-Iceborne) is actually the reason I ever bought a PS4 to begin with, and I couldn’t be more pleased it’s my purchase!

Sounds like you’re having a good time too! Lemme guess, it was Friday night just a couple hours ago, huh? Yup, the MHW time-vortex hard is at work... 😏

• EliteBoy06
    EliteBoy06 Member Posts: 32

Ruin was the one perk that sometimes slowed the game down, but now im just gonna stop playing, they basically turned it into pop goes the weasle but with out kicking the gens.

• Maníaco_da_garrafa
    Maníaco_da_garrafa Member Posts: 144
    edited January 2020

Now i'll have to use broken stuff against +3 toolboxes, yay.

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948

I've never had to use RUIN, this specific change does not affect me as a killer

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

never ran ruin when playing killer so....

• RWoodrow
    RWoodrow Member Posts: 270

When I played Killer, I rarely used Ruin.

Recently I was playing more survivor than killer but the change to ruin will more than likely make me stop playing all together.

I find it insulting that, rather then give me a chance to improve, the devs deemed it too hard for me.

I will spend my time (and $$$) elsewhere.

• smappdooda
    smappdooda Member Posts: 544

I have only been playing once a week lately to do dailies (did play everyday for a long time) and the majority of matches lately has been VERY un-fun. It's mostly matchmaking causing the issues, but the abundance of SWF just sucks all of the joy from this game as a killer.

So if the ruin change is as bad as all that PLUS bad matchmaking PLUS other factors, I will likely stop altogether but I wanna be fair and give it a chance.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019
    Play through it

Its childish if you are just gonna quit because ruin is kil

Just learn how to play without it, I am gonna start trying now

• RipleHHH89
    RipleHHH89 Member Posts: 86

I will personally play about 10%killer and 90%survivor now. It used to be the other way around.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

Ruin was never got-tier in the first place. I'm a survivor main anyways so

• pizzamess
    pizzamess Member Posts: 209
    Stop playing

As a killer main the ruin perk wont even hit me that hard as I've gotten used to corrupt but reasoning behind nerfing it pissed me off and I've got games I'd rather play