Is crouching considered teabagging when I want to warn my teammates of the killer approaching us?

Options
Eveline
Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
Because I don't see lots of other ways to do it more efficiently.

Comments

• TessaTheDeath
    TessaTheDeath Member Posts: 48
    Options

You can point/wave.

• Eveline
    Options
    I know but it seems too slow and subtle. I will try tho because I don't want to contribute to toxicness. 
  • Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

Usually, the terror radius or [you] suddenly running away is a good indicator (if there's no terror radius).

• Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780
    Options

If you press crouch repeatedly, then yes it is teabagging, not necessarily toxic though.

• Eveline
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I'm using spine chill so I usually notice the killer coming in our direction first. 

Esheon I laughed so much. :D
  • Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647
    Options

@Eveline said:
    I know but it seems too slow and subtle. I will try tho because I don't want to contribute to toxicness. 

You can cancel the point animation if you run while mid point. It doesn't take much time to do and is what I usually do. Try this out and see if you like it.

• DepravedKiller
    DepravedKiller Member Posts: 182
    Options

If you're teabagging in front of the killer it's considered toxic, if you're teabagging at a survivor it's mostly considered as joy/excitement

The point/follow emote works more effectively to indicate the killer is approaching especially if followed by running away mid emote

• Eveline
    Options
    Ok thanks. I'll surely try that.
  • AnIntellectualClone
    AnIntellectualClone Member Posts: 118
    Options

Don't worry too much about "teabagging" when you're with survivors, it can mean a thanks or hello. When you use it to taunt a killer after dropping a pallet or just before starting a chase, then it is toxic.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

I don't see why it would be. Before all you young'uns became spoiled with your gestures and whatnot, teabagging was all we had to communicate.

• Soren
    Soren Member Posts: 369
    Options

I point the killer if I see them nearby and they use Monitor & Abuse or have a lower terror radius. I don't think teammates will understand if you crouch several times in a row lol, usually it's more to meme or to say "hello" to someone xp

• Chrona
    Chrona Member Posts: 245
    Options

@Esheon said:
    I just point in the direction of the killer. Usually works, though sometimes they decide to run in the direction you're pointing..

I mean, I've used it both ways before. I remember one match, we were under ruin or another annoying hex, and I had small game and a claudette was just following me after I gave up on the generator. I ended up just pointing her back at the generator and started hunting again :P It was kind of funny.

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816
    Options

I had NO idea crouching multiple times was teabagging and i have been rude to so many killer players when I had been telling my teammate to crouch. I've always wondered how people did it. Do the survivors hands do a weird thing? I never paid attention to whether they were making a gesture, ill have to pay attention next time.