Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Killer mains on this forum, what is your rank in game?

ppo8820
ppo8820 Member Posts: 763
edited January 2020 in General Discussions

I’m trying to figure out what ranks most of the people upset about the ruin nerf are on. What is your current rank, and please be honest? Thanks.

Also, and you don’t have to share, but what is your age range? Like 12-15, 18-25, 25-30, etc. I sort of am wondering if this forum is mainly teenagers by some of the posts.

Comments

• luka2211
    luka2211 Member Posts: 1,433

I'm not a killer main,but i stay around rank 1-2 both killer and survivor.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

Rank 1 survivor main. Ruin is ok. Pls mori me.

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929

I'm rank 1, but my anger isn't directly towards the ruin nerf, rather than towards the major incompetence of the devs, their obvious bias for survivors, their lies and an entire paragraph of ######### they keep ignoring or pretend is fixed.

• FilledPizza
    FilledPizza Member Posts: 392

Usually rank 2, and I main Ghostface. But I have reached rank 1 before, just can't keep it.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

Killer Rank 1

Survivor Rank 2

Age Range 18 - 25

• kimukipi
    kimukipi Member Posts: 137

I'm rank 7. Been to red ranks bunch of times but its just that I don't play much within a reset and couldn't care less. I'm also not upset about the recent ruin changes as in the changes itself but rather the dev's reasoning behind it. Huge ass maps need to be reworked/shrink-ed first before making any changes to few available gen slowdown perks but bhvr got no time for that. I'm taking a break because it has become so un-fun (subjective) to play killer with the gen speeds and there are better games to chill with after a long day at work.

25-30 btw.

• Aura_babyy
    Aura_babyy Member Posts: 583

Not a main but 3

• Rank 7 as killer and survivor.

I play Killer a lot more though, but the problem is at rank 7 I only get like various mixes of red rank survivors. So I am winning and losing matches to a degree that I stay exactly the same rank.

I don't understand this system, by that logic I should just be a red rank killer then, if that is all I go against anyways and I am not losing enough to go down out of that.

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640

Yet I keep getting red ranks survivors <3

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Rank 8, 24 years.

• krzak95
    krzak95 Member Posts: 11

Rank 1,25

• Heroiq
    Heroiq Member Posts: 1,134

not really a " killer " main. i'm more like a person that enjoys playing both sides.

however. most of the times i'm rank 1 on both sides. currently. rank 2 killer (depiped cuz of a meme build) and rank 1 survivor.

also. i'm not upset about the ruin changes.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I’m rank two survivor (1 pip off of 1) and rank three killer (two pips off of rank two). I’m 15.

• luka2211
  • kimukipi
    kimukipi Member Posts: 137

I thought it was pretty obvious haha but when people started making serious arguments, I just went with it.

• KamalaGekido
    KamalaGekido Member Posts: 49

Rank 1 killer. Though, I do lower that more often with Ruin being gone because I stand no chance to the gen rush. Rank 11 now, still trying to survive! I know that's the survivors job, but it feels like mine now!

• Stitch7833
    Stitch7833 Member Posts: 632

Not sure if interested but i had the game since console release, i use to be a killer main and have been rank 1 both killer and survivor each season for a long time now, however more and more i tend to play less killer now and more survivor, this isnt due to the ruin change however as although i think ruin did need a slight change i feel they went the wrong way with it and instead wasted a cool idea for a new perk and made generators very easy to complete even though i can hit greats 90% but id say killer im purple ranks now due to lack of play but iv never used ruin and i could get to rank 1 again as more survivors are getting to red ranks, the reason i changed to survivor is it was more fun, the consistency of fun and enjoyable games i had as survivor was alot higher than killer, its not that i dont enjoy killer because i do but there are some games no matter how well you play it feels like a lost cause and more stressful than fun, obviously this changes due to 4man SWF and the killer i decide to play... Age 18-25

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293

Rank 5

• luka2211

I legit can't tell anymore lmao,there are so many posts that seem like bait but end up not being. I can't tell what posts are bait and which aren't anymore xD

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

If you are not rank 1, you turn on game to check updates and turn it off.

• Leyoyo
    Leyoyo Member Posts: 105

Rank 1 killer and survivors

PS waayyyyy easier to pip a survivors

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

I sit between Rank 3-8. It's really hard to stay in Red Ranks as killer, because once you hit rank 12 it's like as if you only go against 4man red rank swf.

Age 26.

• Xerge
    Xerge Member Posts: 928

Rank 3 survivor and Rank 4 killer atm (don't have a main).

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

Currently Rank 5.

Already obtained Rank 1 with Learherface and Old Freddy.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Rank 5 with Survivor

Rank 8 with killer although i have been trying new killers out so i did drop quite a bit. Was rank 6 earlier this month

• underlord99
    underlord99 Member Posts: 1,030

I go back and forth between rank 1 and 2

• Ghostface31
    Ghostface31 Member Posts: 30
    edited January 2020

Rank 1 usually sometimes rank 2 I main ghostface, Huntress, Wraith and spirit

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

I think this post... Pre-questioned to being trolled.

• PrincessPoop
    PrincessPoop Member Posts: 919

I’m definitely not a killer main but I’m Rank 1 and still manage to pip up almost every game. I very rarely depip playing killer.

Im Rank 1 survivor as well but sometimes depip if I get a match where I get tunneled/camped/moried/bad teammates etc.

I personally didn’t have an issue with old Ruin since I could hit the skillchecks, but I’m also not that mad at the changes either. It honestly seems pretty good still, especially for high mobility killers who are able to put on a lot of map pressure. As for killers who require more set up time, corrupt intervention was always a better option anyways.

Also I definitely agree that a lot of people on here act extremely childish but it wouldn’t surprise me if most people on here were in their 20-30’s.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

Rank 1 survivor and Rank 1 killer.

Age is 21.

• MarksmanSpecal
    MarksmanSpecal Member Posts: 117

Rank 1 survivor and killer, playing more killer.

Age is 42

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

Rank 1 i'm against the Ruin changes but only due to timing. If toolboxes/gen speeds were changed simultaneously it'd be fine imo.

• The_Second_Coming
    The_Second_Coming Member Posts: 1,110

Survivor and killer rank 1.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Ruin change isn't good, it's the wrong time.

Killer rank 1, Survivor rank 1

• kurgan8282
    kurgan8282 Member Posts: 264

rank 2 surv

rank 6 killer

37 y.o.

like said before by someone else, rage is not for ruin itself, i personally play much better combining thanatophobia and dying light, what is wrong about this nerf imo is the fact that devs missed the point of why it was used so much in high ranks

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

I am far from a killer main, but currently I am rank 4 killer and rank 1 survivor.

Not that it matters much, most of my games consist of going against green a purple rank survivor, with the occasional rank 1 player that is actually very skilful and loops me for 5 gens.

• Colton147
    Colton147 Member Posts: 523

I'm my own rank, both killer, and survivor.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,221
    edited January 2020

Rank 1 killer, Rank 3 survivor. 31. I don't use Ruin, but I see why people are upset. I have philosophical differences with the approach to map tile balance and feel that killers are being given too much survivor-sided counterplay as of late (Oni flick nerf, Nurse reappearance change/cooldown, etc.) I'm of the opinion that there should be robust tutorials showing survivors how to play optimally, and then you balance around optimal play. I think gens would get done in lower rank games if survivors did a tutorial that straight up said "The only way we're getting out of here is if we repair these generators, so stop hiding and get moving!"

• Zenro
    Zenro Member Posts: 319

I play both killer and survivor but the recent wait times for survivor have really pushed a lot of my friends away due to having to wait so long for a match. Currently sitting at Rank 1 Killer and main Demogorgon. While I'm not really affected by the Ruin change because I prefer Corrupt Intervention for its consistent stall, I do understand why people are upset and as certain killers on certain maps there's not much you can do for gen defense and pressure if you can't get there to do it.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Currently rank 4 Killer (which I admittedly reached only very recently, for what it is worth).

• bgbomb
    bgbomb Member Posts: 434
    edited January 2020

Killer rank 6

Survivor rank4

age 20~25

Btw i only play survivor when i too angry to play killer.

But my rank of survivor is still higher

• Khar
    Khar Member Posts: 640

I bounce between purple and red ranks these days. Once I got the rank 1 acheivement, I never saw reason to play the best killers with the best builds, since being high rank isn't fun anymore, but it's where I keep ending up.

Losing ruin is a hard hit, since it's not realistic to think I can pressure 4 survivors enough to not do enough gens to leave. There's a lot to combat. Killer choice (I want to play the killers I enjoy playing, not the ones who required for rank 1), pallet RNG, map size, survivor items, survivor coordination, exploits.

Sometimes, I hate that I love this game enough to keep playing, just because of how difficult it is to have fun anymore. I know people get on a killer's back about being whiney and complaining, but I also realize those same people don't care if I have fun or not.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Right, now, moves between 8 and 9. I made it to rank 4, once, but then a very long string of bad games as my Plague bumped me back to six, then rank reset. I haven't really tried ranking since.

• Aztreonam78
    Aztreonam78 Member Posts: 1,131
    edited January 2020

Rank 1 Killer.

Rank 6 Survivor

Play both sides, but prefer killers due to matchmaking, and I hate Hex Ruin, I don't use it on killers.

• ninjamediness64
    ninjamediness64 Member Posts: 125

I hover around rank 2-5 as killer depending on if I want to play viable killers that day.

I don't play much survivor, so I'm at rank 8 I think.

• ImJustHereChillin
    ImJustHereChillin Member Posts: 13

Rank 1 killer and if I play it ill hit red ranks with survivor, my personal opinion on the changes are "necessary but way too early"

• Leyoyo
    Leyoyo Member Posts: 105

1 game survivors = 1 game killer

Both rank 1

I am not "killer main" but i try to help them because killers are so weak in a "horror" game thats hilarious

• adsads123123123123
    adsads123123123123 Member Posts: 1,092
    edited January 2020

These types of thread will mostly attract answers from those that are high rank, especially because the posts are not anonymous and posting a low rank will descredit their opinion on Ruin.

Post edited by adsads123123123123 on